• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul - Season 6 | The Final Season

near

Gold Member
Q160P9l.jpg

Official site: Link
Airs: Monday, April 18
Time: 9 p.m. ET / PT on AMC and AMC Plus
Netflix has international rights and will debut weekly on Netflix the day after it premieres on AMC

RT: 100%
MT: 93

Videos:

Photos:

lbeS0Tt.jpg

Mg14KrY.jpg

Qjht4ck.jpg

Reviews:

Collider said:
The show’s final season promises to be the long-awaited payoff to that as we see the shady yet resourceful lawyer have to reckon with his past in a future that is already set. We know where this all leads.

Variety said:
There’s ever more indulgence of the tropes and concerns of “Breaking Bad,” a world in which wrongdoing wasn’t confined to small disputes between Albuquerque attorneys but came to encompass vast conspiracies.

Chicago Sun-Times said:
Within three minutes we’re reminded why this is one of the most visually creative series in television history.

EW said:
There has always been a vague notion that Saul was going to slowly become the previous show, with greater focus on the Fring-adjacent underworld. But these early episodes confirm the prequel as its own unique entertainment. Co-creator Peter Gould has built out a fascinating corner of the Breaking Bad world originally conceived by co-creator Vince Gilligan. Saul can be devastating and thrilling when you least expect it, whether it's staging a heist scene in a country club or rediscovering some old familiar characters in downbeat new digs.

indieWire said:
A major part of the appeal of the “Breaking Bad”iverse has long been watching each story’s central figure wriggle out of some unthinkable jam. The first two episodes of Season 6 aren’t yet overflowing with operatic tragedy yet, but this is a creative team that knows how to wring metric tons of dread from even the smallest-scale obstacles.

The Playlist said:
The moral complexity in Better Call Saul has long been one of its greatest strengths, and it certainly doesnt feel like the show is going to eschew that for simple resolutions as it gets to the finish line.

Very good show. Took me a while to get in to it because it's a different feel to Breaking Bad but as soon as I did I was pretty hooked. Loved them bringing back cast members for certain scenes too.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Spoilers have been circulating about the show. Not plot spoilers, but cast spoilers that I wish they didn't reveal. Not a huge deal, but still would've been better as a surprise. The major publications have put out stories on it, so it's been impossible to not have seen by now if you read news regularly.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Really that good? Bb became biring for me after 4/5 season. Never finished it.
Yes! BB dropped off in quality around when you said. Still pretty good though.

If you enjoyed the early breaking bad stuff i can't recommend it highly enough. Might want to finish BB first though as a lot of the characters cross over to get the most out of it.

Last edited:

Ionian

Started yesterday, first 2 episodes are out.

Just finished them and it is superb. If you're a fan i'd hop on it now before you get spoiled.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Been too long, and what a return. It's absolutely amazing how this went from a Breaking Bad spin-off that seemed like it would be a comedy-laden cash-in to a full-blown crime drama masterpiece. Vince Gilligan showing how it's done.

Can't wait for Barry next week.

Ionian

Been too long, and what a return. It's absolutely amazing how this went from a Breaking Bad spin-off that seemed like it would be a comedy-laden cash-in to a full-blown crime drama masterpiece. Vince Gilligan showing how it's done.

Can't wait for Barry next week.
Barry as well? Nice! Had forgotten about that show.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Never would have imagined that the legendary lawyer from breaking bad would have 6 seasons.

what an amazing start to S6.
the more I think about it, the more I believe that Kim is the real mastermind behind Saul's operations, especially after how she squeezed the Kettlemans.
side note: Betsy still a MILF

don't forget to listen to the BCS Insider podcast as well. EP601 and 602 are out.

Ionian

what an amazing start to S6.
the more I think about it, the more I believe that Kim is the real mastermind behind Saul's operations, especially after how she squeezed the Kettlemans.
side note: Betsy still a MILF

don't forget to listen to the BCS Insider podcast as well. EP601 and 602 are out

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Wife is taking the kids out of town for two nights this weekend, time to dinner for one these episodes tomorrow

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Anyone else feel bad for Howard? He is a douchebag but what Jimmy and Kim are doing to him is twisted. If the show wants me to find their antics against him funny its not working anymore.

MHubert

Anyone else feel bad for Howard? He is a douchebag but what Jimmy and Kim are doing to him is twisted. If the show wants me to find their antics against him funny its not working anymore.
Yep. I wouldnt even call him a douche, he is basically just a successful guy with a punchable face and demeanor. All things considered he has only tried to be helpful to Jimmy and Kim respectively. I dont think the show wants you to find it more funny than disturbing, and in that regard he acts as way to portray both jimmy and kim as heading towards bad rails, fast.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Yeah, I actually think Howard might be one of the most...respectable people on the show? For sure he might seem unlikable for being condescending or stuck up toward Jimmy but...Jimmy's a scumbag. I don't think he deserves the sabotage. But maybe that's the point.

god damn it when I saw the opening teaser I knew something big is going to happen.

I knew Nacho's chance of survival is pretty slim but I didn't expect they'll kill him off this early. Tragic way to go, but at least he died on his own terms. With him gone though, Lalo has lost his "evidence". I don't know what else he can find that can prove Gus was behind the hit.

Setzer

god damn it when I saw the opening teaser I knew something big is going to happen.

I knew Nacho's chance of survival is pretty slim but I didn't expect they'll kill him off this early. Tragic way to go, but at least he died on his own terms. With him gone though, Lalo has lost his "evidence". I don't know what else he can find that can prove Gus was behind the hit.
Great fucking episode....and it's only episode 3. Ranks right up there with "Ozymandias"(Breaking Bad) for me.

Ionian

Great fucking episode....and it's only episode 3. Ranks right up there with "Ozymandias"(Breaking Bad) for me.

Agree, they're giving it everything. My stream was messed up but watched it anyway. It's right up with the best of Breaking Bad. Kim and Saul act their chops off. Amazing shit, Kudos to the writers. Can't believe there's 9 episodes left. Stunning work.

Ionian

My jaw hit the floor in the final minutes of last nights episode. Can’t stop thinking about it, and there’s still 10 episodes left.

12, it's six and a break and six again. I wish it was 13.

We havn't seen some people yet. Like Tuco etc. dunno how they pull this off. Gonna be crazy. I trust the writers though.

ManaByte ManaByte any clue? The writers.

Last edited:

DefiantEye

Neo Member
Nacho's final words and tone of voice was definitely one of the most bad-ass moments in both BB/BCS.

I think they will wrap up next episode the Vargo's saga and show what happens to his father. I feel like Mike and papa nacho will have some good scenes together. Both fathers who lost their sons :messenger_sad_relieved:

Last edited:
Nacho's final words and tone of voice was definitely one of the most bad-ass moments in both BB/BCS.

I think they will wrap up next episode the Vargo's saga and show what happens to his father. I feel like Mike and papa nacho will have some good scenes together. Both fathers who lost their sons :messenger_sad_relieved:
Damn he will be missed

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Oh my god I think I completely forgot what happened during Breaking Bad

For some reason I've been thinking Nacho was one of the drug guys that Walter kills in like the first episode? Or I dunno, for some reason I thought he shows up for an episode or two in BB...that ending completely blindsided me. And Jesus Christ, what a performance by the actor. You could just feel the emotions through the whole episode. Goddamn. What a show

DefiantEye

Neo Member
Oh my god I think I completely forgot what happened during Breaking Bad

For some reason I've been thinking Nacho was one of the drug guys that Walter kills in like the first episode? Or I dunno, for some reason I thought he shows up for an episode or two in BB...that ending completely blindsided me. And Jesus Christ, what a performance by the actor. You could just feel the emotions through the whole episode. Goddamn. What a show
You are thinking of Krazy 8, who was Nachos friend that Walt kills in the basement.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
You are thinking of Krazy 8, who was Nachos friend that Walt kills in the basement.

Nah I remembered him, I was thinking the other guy that Walt poisons in the RV, but I just pulled up that episode and that dude looks nothing like Nacho...for whatever reason I had them mixed up for like the whole run of BCS, didn't even realize it was a new actor playing a character barely mentioned hah. But goddamn give that guy an Emmy, he nailed it. What a sendoff for the character.

ultrazilla

Nah I remembered him, I was thinking the other guy that Walt poisons in the RV, but I just pulled up that episode and that dude looks nothing like Nacho...for whatever reason I had them mixed up for like the whole run of BCS, didn't even realize it was a new actor playing a character barely mentioned hah. But goddamn give that guy an Emmy, he nailed it. What a sendoff for the character.
I swear I'm not crazy. This guy shows up in Breaking Bad. I'm positive of it. Now I have to go back and skim episodes to find him. My wife and I looked at each other at the end and we're like "Wait a second,
he's in Breaking Bad
!" So off to go skim BB for him.

Ionian

I swear I'm not crazy. This guy shows up in Breaking Bad. I'm positive of it. Now I have to go back and skim episodes to find him. My wife and I looked at each other at the end and we're like "Wait a second,
he's in Breaking Bad

He wasn't, new character. Think he's mentioned possibly, may be confused with the dude Walt killed in early episodes with the bike-lock.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
he's in Breaking Bad
I could’ve sworn he was in BB too but looking it up it doesn’t seem to be the case…and that’s why I was so taken off guard by the ending of the last episode, I fully expected him to make it through and boom.

And again, damn, what a great character and portrayal. Especially the scene where he calls his dad. Gut wrenching

Ionian

I could’ve sworn he was in BB too but looking it up it doesn’t seem to be the case…and that’s why I was so taken off guard by the ending of the last episode, I fully expected him to make it through and boom.

And again, damn, what a great character and portrayal. Especially the scene where he calls his dad. Gut wrenching

That truly was sad, it was like the Father knew it was his last goodbye. Up there with Hanks demise. Heartbreaking stuff.

Dunno why people are spoilering stuff, show has aired.

YCoCg

he's in Breaking Bad
He's only MENTIONED in Breaking Bad, by Saul after Walt and Jesse kidnap him.

Nacho and Lalo was only mentioned ONCE in BB by Saul in a throwaway line, as shown in the video above.

Nacho in BSC was meant as reference to that line. According to the insider podcasts, Nacho originally had a smaller role in the show but they expanded on the character because they like Michael Mando. As for Lalo, Vince was initially reluctant of adding him to BCS but Peter convinced him otherwise.

Top Bottom