• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul - Season 6 | The Final Season

ButchCat

The cinematographers are showing off at this point. I love how in the latest episode, they gave the first 10 min or so the silent film treatment. I'm still trying to figure out Kim's
new persona.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Nacho and Lalo was only mentioned ONCE in BB by Saul in a throwaway line, as shown in the video above.

Nacho in BSC was meant as reference to that line. According to the insider podcasts, Nacho originally had a smaller role in the show but they expanded on the character because they like Michael Mando. As for Lalo, Vince was initially reluctant of adding him to BCS but Peter convinced him otherwise.
Well they’re two of the best characters in the BB universe so good on them for adding them

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Anyone else wanna see Saul's mega mansion....lol

Gold toilet seat, mirrored bed XD

I want to see that, and also what happens to Kim…my theories are:

1: something happens that’s a bridge too far for her and she leaves forever

2: with her recent sort of heel turn, the hens come home to roost. Lalo gets her.

1 sounds nice but 2 would be more in line with the tone of the show IMO.

Hezekiah

Banned

2: with her recent sort of heel turn, the hens come home to roost. Lalo gets her.

Gotta think it's something permanent....

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member

At this point it's possible she goes to far and Saul runs from her. I'm surprised at her turn around lol

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Fantastic and tense episode. You can feel Lalo's presence around every corner without ever actually seeing him. Never thought we would get a top tier villain like this after already being spoiled with great characters like Gus and Walt. But the writers delivered. Almost makes you wonder how a Lalo vs Walt conflict would've gone. They both have crazy intuition and last-minute-improvisation.

And once again I feel so bad for Howard. He does not deserve this shit and I hope it blows up in Jimmy's face.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I'm almost wondering if the series overtakes BB at this point where the second half of the season runs concurrent with when Saul meets Walt and Jesse? Could explain why Saul's using Lalo and Nacho's names when Jesse and Walt have him out in the desert like they're going to off him. I wonder if there's some sort of midseason cliff hanger ala Hank putting it all together and then a time jump or something? I dunno.

Good episode this week, though probably forgettable in the grand scheme of things. It's definitely a setup, hopefully next week is a big payoff.

DefiantEye

Neo Member
I am very surprised they made no mention on Nacho's father this latest episode. Was a big point for the last 2 seasons and now that Nacho is dead, its really just over? Seems like with cartels his father wouldn't be safe from Hector, specially since Hector never liked his father.

Sub_Level

Its cool that Howard is finally fighting back.

Ms. Ziegler doesn't know how lucky she is.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I gotta admit, I was steeling myself for what was gonna happen in that last scene…

Glad it didn’t, but now I’m paranoid that’s gonna be a fake out too and Lalo ices her next week…

deathsaber

How about option 3- she somehow cons Jimmy/Saul hard, and leaves- which is the final thing that completely hardens him into the Saul we know from Breaking Bad. The big twist- he didn't corrupt or ruin her as everyone expects, it was the other way around.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The thing is, Saul was never really hardened in Breaking Bad. He always was that quirky sarcastic kind of personality. He never went full Walt. Personality wise he’s kinda the same as he is now, he just was way way more in the organized crime business.

I think the Howard situation is going to lead to her downfall one way or the other. Either legally from Howard, or the cartel through Howard and the PI.

I don’t think she’ll die. I think prison or on the run/leaves the state or country.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
The thing is, Saul was never really hardened in Breaking Bad. He always was that quirky sarcastic kind of personality. He never went full Walt. Personality wise he’s kinda the same as he is now, he just was way way more in the organized crime business.

I think the Howard situation is going to lead to her downfall one way or the other. Either legally from Howard, or the cartel through Howard and the PI.

I don’t think she’ll die. I think prison or on the run/leaves the state or country.

She’s kinda the anti-Skylar…I’m sticking with the theory there’s a time jump to the Breaking Bad timeline in the second half of the season and her demise or something similar is what gets Saul to skip town

dr_octagon

Banned
There may be a murder which is a result of a plan going too far. Jimmy might sacrifice Kim or Howard to save himself.

Maybe the Judge gets set on fire like Crispy Chuck McGill.

ButchCat

The latest episode is the least eventful, considering they're wrapping things up. I'm starting to think this should've been a 10 ep season just like it's always been.

Sub_Level

Giancarlo is not the best director lol that Lalo action scene in particular was very stilted and flat.

Howard keeps taking the L's, this time from the wife who I think is the first time we've seen her. She was cute butt he deserves better man wtf.

Jsisto

They're definitely building up Howard to be an incredibly sympathetic character, which makes me fear the worst. The scene where he made the amazing latte and she just dumps it in the mug. Oof... I felt that.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
They're definitely building up Howard to be an incredibly sympathetic character, which makes me fear the worst. The scene where he made the amazing latte and she just dumps it in the mug. Oof... I felt that.

The thing is, the coffee machine he's using has an autotamping feature but he goes to the trouble to tamp himself to make sure it's properly tamped.

If it was intended by the film makers that's awesome detail.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I am not on board with what they're doing to Howard... it'll destroy his life if they are succesful and will bring down HHM.
I have a feeling it’s meant to blow up in Kim’s face. A lot of heavy handed foreshadowing going on with the intro sequence and her flipping the U-turn to go forward with the plan despite Jimmy wanting to call it off. I think both Howard and Kim go down in some way, leaving Saul where we find him in BB/during the flash forward sequences. I just wonder if it’s gonna be something we don’t see coming or something crazy like Howard snapping and murder/suiciding Kim…I gotta think they’ll come up with something that was in plain view but none of us see coming

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I have a feeling it’s meant to blow up in Kim’s face. A lot of heavy handed foreshadowing going on with the intro sequence and her flipping the U-turn to go forward with the plan despite Jimmy wanting to call it off. I think both Howard and Kim go down in some way, leaving Saul where we find him in BB/during the flash forward sequences. I just wonder if it’s gonna be something we don’t see coming or something crazy like Howard snapping and murder/suiciding Kim…I gotta think they’ll come up with something that was in plain view but none of us see coming

Through the show there's been a lingering feeling that Kim won't exit the story without getting hurt in some way, be it emotional or physical.

Sub_Level

Whether she gets a happy ending or sad ending, ALL I hope for is that they don't imply she was around during the events of Breaking Bad. That would be dumb as hell.

Would be like how Skullface was hidden in the shadows as backup during the events of MGS3 lol fuck off Kojima.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Whether she gets a happy ending or sad ending, ALL I hope for is that they don't imply she was around during the events of Breaking Bad. That would be dumb as hell.

Would be like how Skullface was hidden in the shadows as backup during the events of MGS3 lol fuck off Kojima.
Yeah, I really hate those kinds of retcons or whatever it’s called in that case. I can’t see Kim having a happy ending or being around in BB times though, this season began with that bottle topper rolling in the gutter as they’re emptying the house…something makes her leave Jimmy for good or she dies or ends up in jail IMO

ButchCat

Giancarlo is not the best director lol that Lalo action scene in particular was very stilted and flat.

Howard keeps taking the L's, this time from the wife who I think is the first time we've seen her. She was cute butt he deserves better man wtf.
I wonder if these episodes (Rhea Seehorn and now Giancarlo) go under heavy scrutiny by the viewer once they see the actor's name flash on their screens whereas other episodes are taken at face value. I know for a fact that I was paying extra attention to everything from the shot composition to the editing and script editing.

Sub_Level

I wonder if these episodes (Rhea Seehorn and now Giancarlo) go under heavy scrutiny by the viewer once they see the actor's name flash on their screens whereas other episodes are taken at face value. I know for a fact that I was paying extra attention to everything from the shot composition to the editing and script editing.

I try not to break my immersion for myself like that but this last episode it was unavoidable. It looked like something an amateur like myself would have shot lol just tripod on ground staring at the actors and some occasional shoulder-cam. It also stands out because the rest of the season the cinematography has been on crack cocaine.

I think the connection to BB with Walter and Jesse appearing in BCS, should be the very last episode. You can make the hype train only once, so make it memorable instead of making like 3 episodes with W n J.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I’m trying to watch this tonight instead of the next day and it’s not on the AMC app yet 🤬

When is it normally added? I’m about to stay up to torrent it if it doesn’t show up right after it airs on TV

Thaedolus

Gold Member

Seems like both of these are still in the cards.

My reaction: 😐

That whole last scene was gut wrenching

holy fuck this episode. I. am. shook.

and it was in the title all along "Plan and Execution". And now we have to wait until July. Fucking AMC.

also, apparently there is a short black and white scene after the credits, which you can view on the show's IG account.

Sybrix

Oh my god.... just finished watching.

That was so unexpected,
i feel so sorry for Howard, yes he was an asshole but fuck. When i watch BCS i also think to Breaking Bad Saul and think how does he still have the nerve to continue to do what he does and did in Breaking Bad considering he has just gotten a completely innocent man killed

Also, WTF is the point of a mid-season break?! Who comes up with this shit?!

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member

That was so unexpected,
i feel so sorry for Howard, yes he was an asshole but fuck. When i watch BCS i also think to Breaking Bad Saul and think how does he still have the nerve to continue to do what he does and did in Breaking Bad considering he has just gotten a completely innocent man killed

It’s the hype machine baby! And presumably they can start the season while they’re finishing up editing the second half.

Jsisto

Hate to beat a dead horse, but that was a masterclass in cinematography. The familiar setting and lighting, the memory of what happened there before under similar circumstances. As it went on I knew exactly what was about to happen, even before all the characters entered, and hoped to hell I was wrong.

Last edited:

That was so unexpected,

AMC making people to sub for another 2 months of AMC+. This season wasn't written with mid season break in mind.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Howard is a more defensible & honorable character as a whole than either Saul or Kim. Particularly Kim has just become... kind of a horrible human, over time. I don't think that's against the self-interpretation of the show, either. She brings out the worst qualities in Saul and he likewise in her, and who she gradually became is someone driven by such ugly malevolence that I think her inevitable downfall in these upcoming episodes--whatever does happen to her--will be entirely deserved / self-inflicted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom