• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Between Metroid or Donkey Kong, what do you think Retro would work on for Switch?

daTRUballin

I really hope they would make a 3D Donkey Kong platformer someday. That would be really interesting to see.

The only downside is that it would have lots of comparisons with DK64 being made just like Retro's DKC games being compared with Rare's DKC games. It would only instigate more Rare DK vs. Retro DK threads. Ugh.

spekkeh

Banned
I'd much sooner expect DKC

On mobile. I think Nintendo learnt that 2D platformers sell gangbusters to an expanded audience, but not really to the Nintendo faithful. At least they're not getting a new console for it. Going forward I think you'll see more examples like Mario Run for mobile and 3D Mario for the Switch, where the more straightforward 2D games are pitched specifically at the expanded audience to get them to upgrade to the more complex experience on the Switch. So between the two I would expect Retro to work on Metroid. Or otherwise 3D dankey kang.

AzaK

DK. It's casual and probably sells better, even though it sucks donkey's balls compared to Metroid Prime.

VDenter

Banned
Personally i want them to make a new Metroid Prime game and a 2D Metroid game. It just seems unlikely however, given the past sales of the franchise. DKCTF did not do so hot either so they are probably working on something brand new.

Krooner

I always say this on Retro threads, but it's true; For me, they've earned the right to work on whatever they want to work on. I trust them as a developer and can't wait to see what they're up to.

Top Bottom