• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 development continues, they are hiring!

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Why bother? With Ancel gone the ambition is most certainly gone as well. Now Ancel was a hypeman like Molyneaux and Howard, but sometimes that paid off. Without someone like that the game will most certainly be at the total mercy of suits, aka a funnel for MTX and NFTs and lootboxes, and not have the same grand ambition only a visionary could push.

Whatever comes out at the end of the tunnel, it's not gonna bear any resemblence to the awesome concept lies we've been fed over the years, so again, why bother?

Because the team making it believes they're making a fun game with the potential to be profitable.

Btw, where are all the "Beyond Good and Evil 2 is never coming out" people now? Where are you hiding?!

https://exputer.com/news/games/beyond-good-and-evil-2-playtesting/

Because the team making it believes they're making a fun game with the potential to be profitable.

Btw, where are all the "Beyond Good and Evil 2 is never coming out" people now? Where are you hiding?!

https://exputer.com/news/games/beyond-good-and-evil-2-playtesting/
Every development team making a game wants to believe they're making a fun game and the no company releases games not to be profitable. Meaningless statement.

What I'm saying is there's no excitement to be had as the game will undoubtedly be scaled way back from what was shown and that crazy scale/ambition was what excited me in the first place. I have no faith in Ubisoft's teams making anything more than a bog standard open world in the template they've used in their past decade of open worlds.

Lunarorbit

This is the game that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was involved with. I remember people were excited several years ago but I honestly forgot about this game until this post.

Cyborg

The reveal had nothing to do with the original, could easily be a new series. I hope they are able to capture some of the magic that made the original so epic.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
What I'm saying is there's no excitement to be had as the game will undoubtedly be scaled way back from what was shown and that crazy scale/ambition was what excited me in the first place.

Probably best to review games after they release rather than assign metascores to them at this stage in the game.

Playtesting?! Wow does that mean they're actually making progress? Is this game is actually coming out???

Probably best to review games after they release rather than assign metascores to them at this stage in the game.
I have no interest in metascores, I'm talking about game design and vision, whether something is by the book or moldbreaking. I couldn't care less if your next Sony or Ubi open world gets an 88 or a 95 if its actual gameplay loop is the same bloated checklist enemy camp shit we've had for the last 2 decades, I'm not gonna play it.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
This is the most surprising thread of today….I thought for sure this was one of the cancelled titles they failed to list the other day…acting all secretive.

yurinka

Playtesting?! Wow does that mean they're actually making progress? Is this game is actually coming out???
They have been working on it for years, obviously they make progress. But to make playtests doesn't imply the game is going to be released soon. Even QA testing can last for a few years.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Bruhhhhh…I’m probably one of few on this but this game has always looked amazing to me.
I’m with you! I though for sure when they announced recent cancellations with two games unannounced that were cancelled, this was one of them. Super happy it’s not. I still feel like this can be among a select few of a generations amazing games….even though pretty much all BG&E 1 fan base is salty about the differences. Change can be good.

Moses85

Best VG of all time coming

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Wildebeest

My bet is they recruit talent promising they will be doing great creative work on Beyond Good and Evil, then switch them over to modelling broken bricks or something for Assassin's Creed.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I understand why they’re trying out new tech and making strides with it, but I just don’t understand why they’d use the BG&E I.P. to do this with. Did BG&E fans even want a sequel this massive?

I’m hoping the game can see the light of day before the year 2030.
Yeah I don't really know what this game is anymore but I am pretty confident it's not going to resolve the cliffhanger at the end of the first game, nor bare much resemblance to it broadly, nor even come from the same people that made it, so while I'm curious and impressed with the ambition, it's not doing much for my nostalgia.

Flakster99

Ubisoft, with 20,324 employees, are hiring? They should be offering an advance course on mismanagement.

They need to re-sell the game all over again, because as far as I'm concerned, I don't know what this game is trying to be right now.

Inviusx

Will it even share any resemblance with that tech demo from 5 years ago? That thing looked ambitious as hell.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

To me, from seeing footage and gameplay, it’s clear that Beyond Good and Evil 2 is probably another couple of years away, but that’s not that long if you’ve been waiting 15 years already. Ubisoft is scheduled to show off a new showcase event this September, but it’s unclear if the event will feature Beyond Good and Evil 2. Recent external playtests could indicate that the team is gearing up for some kind of reveal, but no rumors or official comments have been made thus far.

Top Bottom