• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 seemingly coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC

Shiggy

Update:
Platforms might be an error on Ubi's side:
screenshot2017-06-14awtudc.png

But still, not Switch exclusive:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVSt4OkAtKJ/?hl=pt-br

On bgegame.com you can register for the Space Monkey Program. What is that?

The Space Monkey Program is our way of inviting passionate members of the community to be the first to play, to share ideas and inspirations, and to crash test all of the creative and gameplay elements that make up our game world: as early and as often as possible!

Join the Space Monkey Program today to stay on top of the latest news and help make Beyond Good and Evil 2 your greatest adventure!

And as you sign up for the beta, you need to choose what your preferred platform is:

And when you signed up, your choice will be shown as follows:

So, no option to choose the Switch. I guess that should kill all rumours that the game is funded by Nintendo or Switch-exclusive.

Thanks to scamander.

sphinx

the piano man
as far as I am concerned, rumors were killed the moment the trailer was revealed

(IMO), visually it appeared to be a whole generation above switch.

Takeru

Was it all in my head or was this already known? I feel like I've been known this but this is good nevertheless.

z0m3le

Banned
Rayman Legends was suppose to be exclusive for Wii U, things change, I don't think the rumor was wrong at the time, but when ubisoft saw what the team was doing, they realized how big it would become and decided to go down this route. What that means for the Switch and the original deal that might have been in place, well who knows.

-shadow-

Curious where the Nintendo publishing/deal part came from if that's the case.

as far as I am concerned, rumors were killed the moment the trailer was revealed

Well that's not difficult when it's pre-rendered. No way the other consoles could do the same as the trailer.

Shiggy

Some people were still claiming it's a Switch exclusive, even after the reveal. So this information here gives some clarification.

LOL. You know that that was not in-engine, in-game or anything close to what the game will loke like,right? It was just a cg movie to pitch the whole world idea and characters, made by an outsourced company.

Crayolan

The rumor should have been dead the moment it was announced without any clear connection to Nintendo. If Nintendo was funding the game they would have made it obvious in the trailer and it also would've been present in Nintendo's presentation.

I saw it coming from the moment the words 'online playground' were spoken.

I still can't register on that damn bgegame.com site, though. Been trying since the conference.

sphinx

the piano man
It was CG...

...it was a CG trailer.

Curious where the Nintendo publishing/deal part came from if that's the case.

Well that's not difficult when it's pre-rendered. No way the other consoles could do the same as the trailer.

yeah but the CGI trailer looked distinctively "this kind of aesthetic is meant for AAA, current gen/tech, meaning: don't expect it on switch/handhelds",

that's what I personally gathered from it anyway.

Loris146

The rumor should have been dead the moment it was announced without any clear connection to Nintendo. If Nintendo was funding the game they would have made it obvious in the trailer and it also would've been present in Nintendo's presentation.

Yep , pretty much.

It could well end up getting delayed until PS5/Xbox 2, because I really don't see this coming out in the next two years and I think the new-gen consoles will probably be November 2019.

She has bad sources and is not reliable , end of story.

Does anyone have a list of her Nintendo leaks vs. what's actually happened? I don't follow her or anything, but I thought she was considered reliable at the end of last year.

Enough to tell that it's a generation above switch?

It's not really enough footage or clear enough to say one way or the other.

Top Bottom