• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil 2: The Daily Leak

Shiggy

New video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qy3b5lgvu5A
http://www.unseen64.net/2012/05/11/beyond-good-evil-2-ps3-xbox-360-beta-prototype/

bge2jabjw.jpg

bge3g6ycy.jpg

After already uploading the glorious BG&E2 target footage and the helicopter model, here comes the Daily Leak series for Ubisoft's sequel. Again, please note that production on this version was halted in 2009 as Ubisoft decided to focus on other, more lucrative titles.

ubileaks5ibjk.jpg

As we've now all seen the original target/fake footage, we can go on to in-engine stuff. This image I already uploaded on Twitter, but it went mostly unnoticed.

302j7ye7.jpg

A street full of fish!

Do we know just how far they were in terms of production? Or if this area we see is just a vertical slice since there seems to be final lighting, textures and so on?

Shiggy

Do we know just how far they were in terms of production? Or if this area we see is just a vertical slice since there seems to be final lighting, textures and so on?

That description fits pretty well. I believe they only created this area and did some gameplay testing.

Myriadis

i hope some of those stores are run by people who look like this

Mammago.jpg

In this chase video, you can see Jade hopping into a helicopter that has the colors of Ethopia, which is often linked to Bob Marley and the Rastafari religion. I guess it was a helicopter from these guys.

And man, 1080p and I stil can't really make Jade's face out .

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
What I'm really curious to see is how close this vertical slice got to the target video.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
the more little pieces of half-baked assets that slip through the more the whole project begins to feel more like a "here's what it mighta been like" thing and less like a "here's what the game will be like" thing. in other words, as more and more info comes through largely unofficial channels, it takes on the profile of a game that we're never really going to play, something that slipped through the bureaucratic sieve. that could be a spurious conclusion to draw, but it certainly feels that way.

If you're the one leaking this material do you really think EviLore wants Ubisoft to be sending him cease and desists because you decided to put his logo on it?

Where did you get it and why are you leaking it in drip feeds like some PR stunt?

Corto

If you're the one leaking this material do you really think EviLore wants Ubisoft to be sending him cease and desists because you decided to put his logo on it?

Where did you get it and why are you leaking it in drip feeds like some PR stunt?

This screen was released on Twitter but went unnoticed, per OP.

edit: sorry. It was indeed Shiggy that posted on twitter it seems. Thought it was some Ubisoft semi official thing...

The_Monk

Is it safe to say that this game will release? Can I believe it?

I can wait, it's okay. I've finished the HD Version at the start of the year and I really liked it (aside from the camera...ugh...)

Papa Justify

Neo Member
If this is really from in-game engine I am wondering why they'd need "the power of next-gen consoles" to make this game.Doesn't even look en par with the best the current gen has to offer.

However, I am still excited for anything they throw to my feet.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I have no problem with Shiggy keeping his sources to himself, but the latter point is a good one. Why not just drop everything you have in a big post about BG&E2?

I have no problem with Shiggy keeping his sources to himself, but the latter point is a good one. Why not just drop everything you have in a big post about BG&E2?
I only ask because if it's hawked from someone's showreel or Linkedin it's nice to give credit for the work. If it's all top secret espionage then I take it back.

Shiggy

If this is really from in-game engine I am wondering why they'd need "the power of next-gen consoles" to make this game.Doesn't even look en par with the best the current gen has to offer.

However, I am still excited for anything they throw to my feet.

This is from 2009 when it was still planned for 360&PS3.

Little details get lost if everything is posted at once ;)
There are also other reasons for posting one thing after another.

I only ask because if it's hawked from someone's showreel or Linkedin it's nice to give credit for the work. If it's all top secret espionage then I take it back.

I don't give sources for material that's officially not to be shared, sorry.

SykoTech

Can we expect this to be an early PS4/720 game, or is it something that's still going to manage to get dragged out until the end of the generation?

What!? huh.....

THIS is what the current generation couldn't handle ???

anyway, there is something fishy going on here with all this sudden attention BG&E2 is getting >_>"

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Can we expect this to be an early PS4/720 game, or is it something that's still going to manage to get dragged out until the end of the generation?
I doubt it's coming any time soon. Ancel is currently working on Rayman Legends, and Shiggy has said that many of the former members of the BG&E2 team have been put on Killer Freaks.
In all likelihood the game is not being worked on right now.

SykoTech

I doubt it's coming any time soon. Ancel is currently working on Rayman Legends, and Shiggy has said that many of the former members of the BG&E2 team have been put on Killer Freaks.
In all likelihood the game is not being worked on right now.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

I wish I could enter "don't care when they come out" mode like I did with Versus and TLG, but I can't seem to for this game.

gerg

I really think that Beyond Good & Evil benefits from the more stylised aesthetic of the first game than this more realistic styling.

Wii U / VITA version confirmed....

Probably a BETA build.

This game didn't even leave preproduction, and I highly doubt it will ever enter full production unless Ubisoft is smart and makes it into a full on reboot / reskin and try to make it the "next" AC in terms of new IP turning into gold at the beginning of a generation.

Top Bottom