• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond the Labyrinth (3DS, Tri-Ace, Konami) Screens [Trailer]

carlo6529

AceBandage said:
- 3D dungeon RPG
- young girl as a main characte
- director is tri-Ace's Takayuki Suguro
- produced by Konami's Shingo Mukaitouge
- published by Konami
- article features artwork of a young girl
- story will center on her
- name was not confirmed, nor did the interview reveal if this girl is the main character
- girl will talk a lot
- visuals and world view are being made bright
- game features ruins and similar locations
- girl wears her blonde hair in a ball
- developed to be a major draw for the 3DS
- 60% complete
- no release date

drooling_homer.png

hoqhuuep

Anyone else getting Etrian Odyssey vibes from this? From the screens, it seems like the game is on a square grid like EO.

WickedLaharl said:
i'm not seeing anything mindblowing here.
Nope. Neither am I. Those screens look really strange and I'm surprised no one is thinking these aren't bull shots. Looks like a 360 game my ass.

Esiquio

That definitely looks good. Too bad Nintendo doesn't release trailer in 3D so we could get an idea of the depth.

BTW OP, "screenshots" and "Labyrinth" are misspelled in the title.

Treefrog

I came in thinking it was a console game. Didn't even think otherwise when looking at it.

It looks a lot like Ico, though.

Makes it more obvious for those PSP trolls who say the 3DS graphics are only as good as the PSPs, that the 3DS can output games that look a lot better.

Instro

Rahxephon91 said:
Nope. Neither am I. Those screens look really strange and I'm surprised no one is thinking these aren't bull shots. Looks like a 360 game my ass.

What looks strange about them?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't see a half-baked crafting system, stupid inter-character skit or titles system, or racism sub-plot, so it's currently running about seven billion percent more interesting than anything else tri-Ace or anyone associated with them has ever made.

Aeana

WickedLaharl said:
well this labyrinth game looks a amazing compared to whatever that game is.
It's Frontier Gate, the other Konami/tri-Ace collaboration. A multiplayer RPG.

Stumpokapow said:
I don't see a half-baked crafting system, stupid inter-character skit or titles system, or racism sub-plot, so it's currently running about seven billion percent more interesting than anything else tri-Ace or anyone associated with them has ever made.
Have you played any tri-Ace games besides IU?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
AceBandage said:
- 3D dungeon RPG
- young girl as a main characte
- director is tri-Ace's Takayuki Suguro
- published by Konami
- article features artwork of a young girl
- story will center on her
- name was not confirmed, nor did the interview reveal if this girl is the main character
- girl will talk a lot
- visuals and world view are being made bright
- game features ruins and similar locations
- girl wears her blonde hair in a ball
- developed to be a major draw for the 3DS
- 60% complete
- no release date
Wait, I'm assuming that this girl is THE main character as she is ... the only one in the reveal screens. Why wouldn't she be?

And what blonde girl and what ball are they talking about? This girl has gray/white hair.

And is this a realtime RPG or turn based?

Zee-Row

Banned
Putting Nintendo's efforts to shame also. I wasn't completely satisfied with Zelda OoT 3D and Kid Icarus's graphics.

Somnid

Rahxephon91 said:

Well clearly they look odd, these are 3DS screen after all.

Yoshiya

Rahxephon91 said:
You're never going to get 360 level stuff out of a 3DS - it's a a pair of low clocked ARM11s and a 2006 mobile GPU ffs. That isn't what it's for. That said, this remains the only game so far that's looks good enough to sell me on an upgrade.

Black-Wind said:
Wait, I'm assuming that this girl is THE main character as she is ... the only one in the reveal screens. Why wouldn't she be?

And what blonde girl and what ball are they talking about? This girl has gray/white hair.

And is this a realtime RPG or turn based?

No clue, it's the info Andriasang gave.

Busaiku

Black-Wind said:
Ren was featured far more prominently than Seto, but she wasn't the main character of Fragile Dreams.

Yoshiya

Stumpokapow said:
VP2 and RoF say you're lying.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Tri Ace showed off an amazing new engine for use on PS3/360 last week. It seems they've also got a firm grip on the 3DS' architecture. These are the prettiest screens I've seen for the console so far.

Instro said:
What looks strange about them?
The girl looks cell shaded but the actual game dosen't. I don't know, the screens look strange to me, she looks strange in the environment.

Somnid said:
Well clearly they look odd, these are 3DS screen after all.
Why would this matter? No other scrrenshots for 3ds games have looked strange to me. SF4 screens look like Sf4.

Yoshiya said:
You're never going to get 360 level stuff out of a 3DS - it's a a pair of low clocked ARM11s and a 2006 mobile GPU ffs. That isn't what it's for. That said, this remains the only game so far that's looks good enough to sell me on an upgrade.
Yes, hence my comment.

Somnid

Rahxephon91 said:
Why would this matter? No other scrrenshots for 3ds games have looked strange to me. SF4 screens look like Sf4.

It means anything you see is actually more impressive.

Top Bottom