• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond the Labyrinth (3DS, Tri-Ace, Konami) Screens [Trailer]

The leaves and the girl in this game look nice but the buildings don't look that special...lol at looking like a 360 game.

But it's made by the same director as VP2 so it'll be good.

CO_Andy said:
Graphics put to shame every Wii JRPG ever released :O

Xenoblade, TLS, and Tales of Graces all look better than this.

Mileena

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
I don't see a half-baked crafting system, stupid inter-character skit or titles system, or racism sub-plot, so it's currently running about seven billion percent more interesting than anything else tri-Ace or anyone associated with them has ever made.
Resonance of Fate?

carlo6529

Bel Marduk said:
The leaves and the girl in this game look nice but the buildings don't like that special...lol at looking like a 360 game.

Don't forget Monster Hunter Tri.

watershed

Banned
I'm loving the look of this game. The textures are great and they'll look even better on the 3ds's smaller screen and in motion. Tri-ace always does a good job pushing hardware.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Bel Marduk said:
The leaves and the girl in this game look nice but the buildings don't look that special...lol at looking like a 360 game.

Big key to is that the girl is the only thing in the pics. It's basically a bunch of flat environments and the one girl. Not a lot of graphics to really have to draw.

Ratrat

Brettison said:
Big key to is that the girl is the only thing in the pics. It's basically a bunch of flat environments and the one girl. Not a lot of graphics to really have to draw.
Just like the kid in The Last Guardian.

Thoraxes

If anyone has looked recently, they updated the info slightly, retracting the blone-hair ball statement with "(Correction: That bit about the blonde hair in the ball was wrong.. sorry!)", it's now short silver hair.

Also, THIS is what I was hoping would happen with the titles that aren't launch titles. I never expect much out of any launch, so to see something unannounced show up and look this nice, i'm not surprised, but I am definitely happy that I was thinking along the correct lines after all.

Now for that issue of localization...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Ratrat said:

To a large extent that's sort of like all of the Team Ico games. Even still though at least TLG pics have the cat bird thing to render with the kid. This is just a girl in some flat environments.

It looks great, but it should when you aren't rendering anything else.

Ratrat said:

that kid have giant ratbird as pet with it's awesome looking feathers and full physics system going on. what are you trying to say here?

anyway, this game looks awesome, don't know about the technicality, but it has great art direction that is really pleasing to the eye. this will be the first game to tempt me to buy 3DS.

Ratrat

Brettison said:
To a large extent that's sort of like all of the Team Ico games. Even still though at least TLG pics have the cat bird thing to render with the kid. This is just a girl in some flat environments.

If its an rpg there will be enemies and npcs. I just hope there's platforming. Actually I'd love it if it played something like Vagrant Story.
Callibretto said:
that kid have giant ratbird as pet with it's awesome looking feathers and full physics system going on. what are you trying to say here?

anyway, this game looks awesome, don't know about the technicality, but it has great art direction that is really pleasing to the eye. this will be the first game to tempt me to buy 3DS.
I hope you didn't think I was criticizing it. Its my most anticipated game and SoC is my favorite game of all time. But its true that the kid has a "flat" cell shaded look compared to the environments and Trico. And I honestly dont mind it.

wsippel

Banned
Brettison said:

And you think tri-Ace made all those assets just for a couple of Famitsu screenshots? That may be quite an assumption, but I kinda guess there will be more going on in those scenes in the actual game.

Kandinsky

Way to overreact Gaf, game looks decent, nothing mindblowing, good job Komami/T-Ace I guess.

Edit: Music sounded generic and boring.

watershed

Banned
The game looks really good from those screen shots. Definitely one of the best looking games for the 3ds yet. Hopefully we'll get some media at E3, maybe a trailer?

I like how predictable these threads are. Everyone loves it, one person makes a critical comment, then SWARM, SWARM!!!

carlo6529

AceBandage said:
It has great music?

oh lol, my speakers are off, I didn't hear.

Edit~ This game is getting me excited. Looks and Sounds like something I want to play. I want to see some gameplay.

To think it is probably the first of many rpg's to come to the 3DS.

Top Bottom