• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond the Labyrinth (3DS, Tri-Ace, Konami) Screens [Trailer]

BDGAME said:
fixed.

How can I enter in this adress with my phone? When I click I recive the forbidden message.

Not sure how your phone is set up, but when you want to open a Famitsu link in your browser, just copy & paste it into the bar and go - clickable links don't work.

Boogybro

BDGAME said:
fixed.

How can I enter in this adress with my phone? When I click I recive the forbidden message.

Famitsu doesn't allow hotlinking. The link needs to either be manually typed or pasted into the address bar.

sorry if old some new pic looks like you can colour her dress and things

http://www.4gamer.net/games/132/G013231/20111128047/

017.jpg

018.jpg

021.jpg

mario

026.jpg

039.jpg

038.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Looks okay, I hope those videos are from the very beginning or the impressions that Jeremy Parish gave at TGS might not be too far a representation from the final product.

jj984jj

The battle system looks... complicated. I like.
It doesn't look very complicated. There's like two enemies and their properties look like they'd be incredibly simplistic to explain, it looks exactly like what Parish described in his TGS preview:
The enemies in the TGS demo are simple and stupid and pose little threat, but one assumes that they quickly ramp up in ferocity and intelligence as the game progresses. You can move to evade foes, and the battle system is unconventional (which is where the tri-Ace influence comes into play). Your four party members seem to have different elemental affiliations, and attacks with spell projectiles that deal damage differently according to the target's orientation. The turn order system was surprisingly difficult for me to parse in the Japanese demo, but it's definitely not a typical RPG turn-based system.
http://www.1up.com/previews/tgs-labyrinth-beautiful-puts-crawl

Unconventional seems to be a better way to describe this, it doesn't look complex.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Some new information about the title - sounds promising !!
Konami and tri-Ace held a demo event for Beyond the Labyrinth yesterday. Here are a few bits that attendees posted at Twitter following the event.

• The game has normal hard, super hard, ultra hard and hyper hard difficulty settings. You can change the difficulty setting midway through the game. However, your clear history will show the lowest difficulty that you used at any point during the game.
  • Replaying all those harder difficulty settings should be a joy because you can press B to fast forward through event scenes.
  • In the beginning of the game, you'll meet the heroine (the girl form all the screens and art). The meeting will take place in an unexpected way.
  • The game lets you use photoshop for costume customization. (It's unclear if the game itself makes any special accommodations for Photoshop use, or if you're just importing jpeg or bmp data which can of course be edited in Photoshop).
  • You can also use the net to trade your clothes with others. (Same as above, it's unclear if internet exchanges are part of the game or if you can just exchange image data online via your PC).
  • You can change the color of the girls' panties (this means I can file this story under my site's "panties" tag. Note: the panty tag, like all other tags, is currently inaccessible).
  • When you reach a save point, your HP recovers in full. There are other special points on the field where you'll recover some of your HP.
  • Some of your parameters, like the move points that determine how much you can move, are carried over to the next battle.
  • During battle, your party members will converse with you. The conversation is recorded in a log.
  • Clearing the game will take about forty hours.

Here are some images of the customization screen that attendees shared at Twitter:
fee1e5e2.jpg

d0b59a82.jpg

6de8429a.jpg

http://andriasang.com/comzkz/labyrinth_demo_event/

jj984jj

The inclusion of that girl gets weirder and weirder, but I like that they're including multiple difficulty settings from the start.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Welp. I have a fetish for in-game model editors, texture painters and even plain model viewers. And I have a PAL unit. Welp.

personally I love first person "old school" rpgs... this is one of the games that attracted me to get a 3ds...

Fingers crossed for a western release...

Top Bottom