• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond: Two Souls sells over 1 million copies worldwide

Update:
1 million worldwide.
or0ET6o.png

http://www.quanticdream.com/thanks-a-million/thanks-a-million.html

Quantic Dream's co-CEO Guillaume de Fondaumière just tweeted this:

70 088 @Beyond2SoulsPS3 sold in France alone in 2013 (source: GFK). In fact, that's better than Heavy Rain in it's first 12 weeks on shelves

https://twitter.com/GdeFondaumiere/status/421680472234532864

I hope this game does well when it's all said and done. One of my favorite experience of any storytelling medium last year.
Oh you're a funny one. Have you played the game?
Predicted response: Not a game therefore nobody has played it.

ymmv

Banned
I've played the first 60-90 minutes at a friend's house and I liked it. It's more like an interactive movie than a game, but that's just an observation, not a criticism. It's a unique experience and it's one of the best looking games on the PS3. I'm going to pick it up when I see it for a good price.

MarkusRJR

Oh you're a funny one. Have you played the game?
Not the person you replied to but the game is incredibly poorly directed/written, and the game play is rudimentary. Considering the game is mostly driven by the story scenes, having such a bad story is a game ruiner. It's just not a very good game.

David Cage really needs an editor.

Empty

not saying this to dismiss their sales, but i'm curious as to how much the french market reacts to games being made in france? do they get more media traction in france etc

AHA-Lambda

Not the person you replied to but the game is incredibly poorly directed/written, and the game play is rudimentary. Considering the game is mostly driven by the story scenes, having such a bad story is a game ruiner. It's just not a very good game.

David Cage really needs an editor.

This, I can't believe David Cage has fans, this was probably the worst game if 2013 for me. it doesn't deserve success, but it does seem to be selling less than HR so thank god for small miracles

Kind of split over this one. I'm glad games like this exist and that there's a market for them, but I didn't actually think it was very good and it was a step back from Heavy Rain in some regards. Good for QD for not following the pack, and Sony for funding them, but they must try harder next time.

esterk

Good for them. I was worried the game was going to tank pretty hard. Personally I loved it, but I think they did a bad job marketing it.

Carl

This, I can't believe David Cage has fans, this was probably the worst game if 2013 for me. it doesn't deserve success, but it does seem to be selling less than HR so thank god for small miracles

It was my favourite game of 2013, so i don't see how you can determine what deserves to be a success and what doesn't. You're free to enjoy it or not enjoy it, sure. But i don't see how you can say that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kind of split over this one. I'm glad games like this exist and that there's a market for them, but I didn't actually think it was very good and it was a step back from Heavy Rain in some regards. Good for QD for not following the pack, and Sony for funding them, but they must try harder next time.
The hired a full writing team from Hollywood to work on their PS4 project. Cage will be doing concept and directing, which is where he is stronger than writing. I have high hopes for it.

Tapejara

Well deserved. Felt the game was a huge improvement over Heavy Rain, both in terms of gameplay and story telling. Can't wait to see what QD does on PS4.

I would love this genre to expand. It's basically an interactive choose you own adventure movie. I would love to see a Quantic Dream do a horror game. That would be rad.

IndustryX

Definitely gonna grab this one day will probably be the last game I grab for ps3. I'll wait til I see it for 20 somewhere though.

aeolist

Banned
i love that the cage defenders always strawman the critics as people who just don't like the gameplay

the gameplay is bad, sure, but the main problem is that the writing is incredibly awful

i love that the cage defenders always strawman the critics as people who just don't like the gameplay

the gameplay is bad, sure, but the main problem is that the writing is incredibly awful

I would love to see him outsource some decent Hollywood writers I wont lie.

hal9001

Banned
Really happy. Experimental games like these deserve good sales as it sends out a message to others to push gaming to new territories. There's plenty of room for all types of games. Despite its flaws Beyond Two souls was an amazing experience.

Top Bottom