• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF2042 doesn't support console only cross play option on next gen

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
There's a reason MnKB don't have aim assist while controllers do. Point and click has always been infinitely better in shooters than any modern controller can.
There is a reason that you can disable every assist on some shooters like R6Siege with a controller and some players do disable. They don't suck without assist.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
There is a reason that you can disable every assist on some shooters like R6Siege with a controller and some players do disable. They don't suck without assist.

If you can't easily smoke a controller player who has no assists and you're on a mkb then you are a terrible player. There is no two ways about it.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
The thing that I find funny about all of these threads about the dangers of crossplay is that... you all suck. You suck at games.

Don't worry - I do too. I'm just as fucking terrible as you. Sometimes I suck because I just play badly, and sometimes I suck because some kid used his dad's credit card to buy cheats, and sometimes I suck because I'm on a controller, and sometimes I suck because I'm on a mouse and keyboard but I'm nowhere near as fast and sharp as I like to pretend I am.

But, if you believe what's posted in these threads, everyone is an esports playing, laser focused, cyborg-like mass killing death machine, and the sanctity and purity of the arena of combat being poisoned by some fat kid from China with hacks is a deep blasphemy against the warrior code.

Not just, you know, irritating. And, over in ten minutes once you jump to another game.

ABnormal

Until they will issue a patch that will allow to play console-only cross gen, I will avoid from the start to play with mouse-equipped gamers. They have to be idiots to allow such a thing.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The thing that I find funny about all of these threads about the dangers of crossplay is that... you all suck. You suck at games.

Don't worry - I do too. I'm just as fucking terrible as you. Sometimes I suck because I just play badly, and sometimes I suck because some kid used his dad's credit card to buy cheats, and sometimes I suck because I'm on a controller, and sometimes I suck because I'm on a mouse and keyboard but I'm nowhere near as fast and sharp as I like to pretend I am.

But, if you believe what's posted in these threads, everyone is an esports playing, laser focused, cyborg-like mass killing death machine, and the sanctity and purity of the arena of combat being poisoned by some fat kid from China with hacks is a deep blasphemy against the warrior code.

Not just, you know, irritating. And, over in ten minutes once you jump to another game.

I know there are a lot of cheats out there but in the grand scheme of things how often do you really run into one?

Well at least the obvious ones anyhow.

Thing is its such a bad cycle because even when I do run into a great player its always easy just to blame cheats or just wonder if he has them.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I mean 500k bans in Warzone alone screams infestation

If one plays GTA Online for more than an hour they are more than likely to come across a few, same for Red Dead Online after a few sessions (less players, less cheaters) - and in both games they're the really abusive griefing kind. PC Battlefield V almost always has a cheater in each highly populated server during all hours - primetime and off hours for any given region. When the cheaters hop on Battlefront II they come in teams and gloat openly about their cheating - and have done so for years.

For all of the above games rampant cheating has simply become part of the game for PC players. It's a running joke on their respective subreddits, for example. And then, of course, are the hundreds of thousands of players banned each year by companies who actually care and try to combat it.

So people claiming to have barely ever seen cheating on popular PC games: play the lottery. Because you are living a one in a million reality.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
If one plays GTA Online for more than an hour they are more than likely to come across a few, same for Red Dead Online after a few sessions (less players, less cheaters) - and in both games they're the really abusive griefing kind. PC Battlefield V almost always has a cheater in each highly populated server during all hours - primetime and off hours for any given region. When the cheaters hop on Battlefront II they come in teams and gloat openly about their cheating - and have done so for years.

For all of the above games rampant cheating has simply become part of the game for PC players. It's a running joke on their respective subreddits, for example. And then, of course, are the hundreds of thousands of players banned each year by companies who actually care and try to combat it.

So people claiming to barely have ever seen cheating on popular PC games: play the lottery. Because you are living a one in a million reality.
People claiming to have logged a lot of hours in recent MP games and never have seen a cheater are either trolling or just oblivious to their surroundings

Top Bottom