• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4/PS4 graphical glitch

kriskrosbbk

Guys ,I think this needs its own thread.
I know there was a discussion regarding the same issue on AC4,but tons worse than this below.
So post here if you experienced it and on which map/mode so we can kinda track if its a BF4 software glitch or something worse.

I have around 50 hours on BF4/PS4 and never seen it ingame,only on the spawn map only on the these 3 maps: Zavod311,Shanghai and Floodzone ,exactly the same place ,exactly the same size . Some are saying its GPU issue ,but how come only on the spawn screen,it does not make any sense .

isXUvZY5FLpsQ.jpg

So what do you think?

legacyzero

Banned
This is the only issue I've been having with the game. Seriously.

Only other issues I had were the CE errors the first week.

I thought it was intentional.

My experience is the same thing, only on spawn map. I wouldn't be concerned about it being an GPU issue.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
I have had this exact issue rarely during Conquest.
I don't believe this is a GPU error as it has not happened to me during gameplay.

Pretty sure it's a software bug.

Stoffinator

I've also had this issue a few times. Figured it was one of the billion bugs in this game. Most recent one I get is the one where a squad mate will be invisible. Just his name tag will float along the ground.

I get this, although I haven't really payed attention to what maps it happens on. I think it's safe to say it's a problem with Battlefield, not the PS4.

omonimo

Banned
I don't know if ot but I noticed on AC4 various strange graphic glitchs, one of them, a sort of 'ghost' of the buffer, I can't explain better. I suspect it has to do to the new custom AA of Ubi because Killzone not give me this artifact. Another thing, when I use the 'panoramic view' on the boat, waves seems suffer a sort of shimmering, probably it's the worst glitch, remind me to the ps2 time.

SJRB

Gold Member
It's almost as if this game hasn't been properly tested before release or something.

TheJLC

Odd, the blurry squares are supposed to be transparent not white to give the impression of a satellite connection getting interference.

Game is pretty glitchy. If you press x before you get to the spawn map above the screen stays black and you can't see anything. Also if it can't connect to EA's servers the main title screen won't even load up and you can't even play the game unless you exit and disconnect from psn.

Hawk269

It's the game, not the GPU. With all the problems with the game at launch it's obviously the game.

This. If it was GPU issue, it would appear in other areas of the game. That screen does make it look like it could be a GPU issue, but if your seeing it elsewhere then it most likely would be.

This game has more bugs than any game I have seen, even ones where I did beta's. Still a fun game, but all these issues takes a lot away from the game.

drbond

Neo Member
Haven't had this white block issue [let alone any wierd graphical glitch outside the usual crash to OS bug) with AC4 and have been putting many hours into the PS4 version (both single player and wolfpack multiplayer).

Glad I didn't spend my cash on BF4. Whew! :)

Dug

Banned
Everytime I see those I never really though they were a glitch. Just assumed it was a commander doing something...

Riptwo

I'm pretty sure that this is related to commander mode too. Is it showing an EMP? Anyone on a different platform see the same thing?

rbanke

I've just assumed it represented the area of an incoming attack of some sort. Are we sure it isn't just another unexplained 'feature'?

I have seen it a few times in BF4 but always thought it was intentional like someone using commander mode or something but if it is happening in AC4 too then that's weird, anyone have a screenshot of it happening in AC4? I have sunk a few hours into AC4 and now that it's been brought up I remember seeing something similar in it but just figured it was to do with the Animus but can't remember if it was exactly the same effect.

Liamc723

This happens to me too, I got a little worried that it was my PS4 after seeing the graphical glitches in AC4 too, but I guess it's just the game.

Ieu

I've seen it And it's obviously a intentional effect to mimic interference.

There is no smoke on the knoll guys...

BF4, AC4 and killzone have all had this bug to some varying degree. either a small section like this or the entire screen on KZ.

WoolyNinja

Definitely not a hardware issue at all. Silly that people would even think so. Its a software bug or an intentional mark on the map.

Top Bottom