• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biden: "Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids"

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
He's not wrong. I mean every white person I know has 2 butlers and is always complaining about their ferrari being in the shop.

Just last week some jack ass white kid was trying to hitch his mega yacht next to mine (i am a white Jew doubly wealthy of course), but I told him 50 footers need to port at the next boardwalk. We had a small argument but then got into our private helicopters and patched it up.

Lucky at the end of the evening a bunch of whites got together and had a bonfire. There were no logs around so we just used 100K worth of hundred dollar bills. We all twirled our mustaches as we laughed at those dirty poors.

MastAndo

Oct 13, 2014
Uncle Joe is a doddering, bumbling old coot at this point. You hate to see it, unless you happen to enjoy endless sources of entertainment.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Its pointing out a pattern of pandering during election time then ignoring minorities, not "claiming victory".

There are endless examples, another entertaining slip was the hillary/hot sauce remarks
given that they overwhelmingly vote Dem, I don't think the pandering is actually aimed at minorities, but at allies. which is why a slip up gets punished so harshly, allies tend to be fucking insane lunatics.

CaptainAnchovie

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
Race only factors in here when you start looking at the proportions of each race who make up the economic ladder.
Intelligent people will find their way into a higher socioeconomic class than people who are less so. If we look at income by race in the US, we see the numbers, and especially the heirarchy, are about what we would expect given each US population's average intelligence. African Americans, then Hispanic/Latino Americans, European Americans, Asian Americans, and Ashkenazi Jews at the top. *Even people who manage to immigrate from India are on average more intelligent and earn more than European Americans.
This kind of Intelligence/Economic heirarchy means that certain populations are disproportionately represented in the bottom rung of the economic ladder while being grossly under-represented at the top compared to their population size. It's no one's fault mind you, intelligence as we understand it from Twin Studies is a very difficult thing to change oweing to its high heritability.

*I believe the reason the US Indian population's IQ is so much higher than their Home Country's average is due to the selective nature of Immigration Laws which accidentally or intentionally select for IQ.

TheExorzist

Jun 17, 2006
And here I thought this whole thing may just be an overblown internet/twitter thing and doesn't reflect that actual mindset of the US... Damn my pale friends, stay safe. This white guilt thingy is getting out of hand.

Reactions: Blood Borne

zeorhymer

Gold Member
Nov 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Reading this sounds like every poor kid is black, or at least, not white.
That's what the social media-verse is insinuating and that he's a white supremacist in disguise. In all honesty, I think he was thinking of rich instead of white and had a total senior moment.

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
Are you telling me the decision for US president will be between someone who constantly fumbles his sentences and someone who can't even put together a proper sentence? Great representation on the world stage there. Tremendous. There hasn't been greater. It will be, the single most greatest representation, ever.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
Biden is ridiculously old. He should be lying in bed

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Right next to Trump and Bernie. ;)
Trump and Bernie's minor gaffes are outweighed by the energy they bring to the table, though. Biden's most heated moments on the debate stage and on the campaign trail give me the impression he's barely keeping it all together. I think by the time the next debate rolls around or shortly thereafter we'll see his poll numbers slide considerably because even the mainstream press won't be able to provide cover for much longer.

pennythots

May 14, 2019
Trump and Bernie's minor gaffes are outweighed by the energy they bring to the table, though. Biden's most heated moments on the debate stage and on the campaign trail give me the impression he's barely keeping it all together. I think by the time the next debate rolls around or shortly thereafter we'll see his poll numbers slide considerably because even the mainstream press won't be able to provide cover for much longer.
during the debates when he would just abruptly stop mid sentence answering a question...

I don't want that guy touching foreign policy, someone like Bolton would walk all over him.

Reactions: Joe T.

xandaca

Mar 30, 2010
I like the attempted save: "Poor kids are just as talented as white kids... buh, wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it." (whispering to off-stage aide) "Are there other types of kids?" "No sir, that's all the types of kids." "What about the sexy kids?" "That's a keep-it-to-Biden thought, sir."

(Also quietly amusing that this comment would be made to an Asian + Latino PAC when, if we're doing the identity politics thang, Asians as a whole have higher IQs and make more money than us poor downtrodden honkys).

Last edited:
Reactions: Riven326

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
Yes Biden is legitimately concerning. I actually feel bad for the guy, likely he is forcing himself because he thinks he's the only solution to beat Trump. He's senile and losing it, what kind of fumbles will he make 1 year, 2 years from now?

I guess my point is more that having all these old politicians may not be the best going forward. How in touch are they at this point? Trump wants to make America "Great Again", but does he really understand the challenges that we will be facing and what the necessary ground work is to avoid communities being left behind? He clearly ignores AI and thinks he can just bring back human-staffed manufacturing jobs, but if you listen to most recent TED talks and interviews with world experts, literally everyone is saying AI will cause a transformation unlike any before, and traditionally stable and reliable jobs will be done by robots and computers (it already is in many places).

Now multiply all that by the fact that healthcare is tied to employment. It's no wonder mental health issues are on the rise - people realizing they are in between a rock and a hard place, having to work multiple part time jobs that are likely exhausting and having uncertain future prospects. And then you go and give these people easy access to guns, so they can either easily kill themselves, or worse, decide to shoot up a mall or a children's school. I sincerely hope sensible changes are on the horizon.

• LOL
Reactions: Bolivar687

Kenpachii

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2018
It gets people talking about him, its a tactic. The worst part is when nobody talks about you. He has been a non factor for already a while now. So yea the edgo meter will go up.

What america needs is new blood that isn't at the age where you start to feel like if they even make 8 years because of old age.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Yes Biden is legitimately concerning. I actually feel bad for the guy, likely he is forcing himself because he thinks he's the only solution to beat Trump. He's senile and losing it, what kind of fumbles will he make 1 year, 2 years from now?

I guess my point is more that having all these old politicians may not be the best going forward. How in touch are they at this point? Trump wants to make America "Great Again", but does he really understand the challenges that we will be facing and what the necessary ground work is to avoid communities being left behind? He clearly ignores AI and thinks he can just bring back human-staffed manufacturing jobs, but if you listen to most recent TED talks and interviews with world experts, literally everyone is saying AI will cause a transformation unlike any before, and traditionally stable and reliable jobs will be done by robots and computers (it already is in many places).

Now multiply all that by the fact that healthcare is tied to employment. It's no wonder mental health issues are on the rise - people realizing they are in between a rock and a hard place, having to work multiple part time jobs that are likely exhausting and having uncertain future prospects. And then you go and give these people easy access to guns, so they can either easily kill themselves, or worse, decide to shoot up a mall or a children's school. I sincerely hope sensible changes are on the horizon.
Their ability/willingness, or lack thereof, to properly prepare the country for the changes that robotics/automation/AI are bringing is a valid concern. The two parties can't even sit together to discuss infrastructure and that isn't half as dicey as immigration. I give Trump leeway because the Dems practically never ended the 2016 election campaign against him, they're still trying to remove him from office. Difficult to get much done in the environment they created.

I see no problem with improving gun control policy so far as it's largely bipartisan and comes with some sort of guarantee that it won't become a slippery slope eventually infringing on the second amendment. The mental health issue, though, is one I think deserves far more attention than anyone is currently giving it and what bothers me is that this nearly three year campaign to undo the election results has made everything worse. A longtime friend of mine's given me a first-hand look at how crazy the media has made the anti-Trump crowd, he still thinks he's guilty of conspiring with Russia and that the Covington kids were the guilty party.

Reactions: Hotspurr

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Former vice president and current democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.

So I know Nobody important cant respond, but when exactly did that switch flip in the democratic party again? 70 years, 70 days, or 70 minutes ago?

Just wondering.
You are fucking ice cold LOL. Bravo. My hat is off to you.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Bernie has said the same thing in other phrasing. It seems to be a party issue.
Don’t you guys remember the shit Biden said about Obama? It’s priceless. As I said, I want Biden to be the candidate not only because he’ll lose, but he’ll be a fucking gaffe machine.

• LOL
Reactions: DeepEnigma

samar11

Oct 20, 2013
Just realised how old he, the current president and other ones going for presidency, They all belong in retirement homes, not running a bloody country.

Oct 26, 2018
I'm surprised Trump hasn't tweeted anything like...... "Thank you Joe Biden for giving me another 4 years of presidency"

Madonis

Oct 21, 2018
Turns out that having very old people as active political figures is going to lead to a lot of silly phrases.

We've already seen that with Biden, Bernie and Trump, among others.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018

Maybe not white people from the whitest of white states like Vermont, but plenty of white people know poverty. And how the fuck would he know anyway? He's isolated from the rest of the country essentially in the middle of a forest and he's a multi-millionaire and owns 3 houses. To Bernie Sanders, I live in a ghetto.

Last edited:
Reactions: cryptoadam