• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biden: We choose truth over... facts

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
This must be scripted. Some evil Russian motherfucker has Biden hypnotized:
Update: seems to be a trend, it's more important to be "morally correct" than to be correct "factually":

Last edited:

Can't decide

Sep 11, 2018
I'm guessing those who are cheering and clapping are only listening for certain words to support their moral crusade, rather than an actual coherent sentence.

If not, then that's a lot of people that need to go back to school.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Independents, republicans, libertarians, etc. are basically inoculated against this shit. Centrist business dems are, likely, too. But this is proselytizing, just a constant stream of intersectionalist garbage trying to convert life long democrats. No specific comment will do it, but the totality of it all, with media, pols, and even friends spewing it.

All based on a cult that thinks math is racist if they don't like the answer. That think statistics are racist if they don't like what it shows.

Nov 17, 2012
Ohio
I mean isn't this a no duh statement when it comes to politics. Everyone tends to choose what they see as moral to what would be factually the most effective. Thats why robot's taking over is seen a scary thing in Sci-Fi. Thats why governance is different from a hard science as it's about getting things done while wrestling differences in morality and accomplishing solutions that don't run counter to the morals of your specific base.

Oct 26, 2018
Another one of Bidens scipted screw ups. Just like during the last primary when he told people to go to Joe 303030.

Googling it , he actually meant Text him at 30330 to get a Biden campaign message.

Stilton Disco

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2014
UK
Could be a gaffe, could just be that we live in a clown world where everyone is insane.

And let's be fair, we wouldn't need the term 'politically correct' if we were describing things that were just actually true.

Reactions: WindomURL and llien

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
it's like when people say "he spoke his truth" these days, they just mean the person said something they wholly felt, not that they were describing something objectively true.

actually, it's all about subjective truth these days, which is kind of an oxymoron when you think about it...

"truth", another word that is losing all meaning. way to go postmodernism.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepEnigma

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
joe should embrace his shadow and unleash the mighty kaioken, i wanna see him stone cold stunner some girl into a puddle of water

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
I think it's dumb to say this.
The only sensible way I can interpret this is that facts often lead to misguided action while truth has more context. Eg. It may be scientifically shown that one race has greater IQ than another, but making policy or decisions based on those differences could be detrimental to society.

epicnemesis

May 9, 2008

The hits just keep on coming. He's the Hollywood stereotype of a high ranking politician, reminds me a bit of Sam Shepard's character from Swordfish.
I remember only one thing from that movie....

I’m talking about the really sick car in it, get your mind out of the gutter.

• LOL
Reactions: Joe T.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
uh jesus christ this is gonna be the greatest general election of all time

Ichabod

Feb 18, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Millenial-kun: Hajimemashite, Biden-san. How many genders are there?

J.B.: At least san genderus.

M: Name them, Biden-san.

J.B.: *grabs her arm and leans in*
Omae wa mou shindeiru.

M: Nani?!!

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

Barnabot

Oct 16, 2018
Dafuq? I always knew that truth and facts were supposed to mean the exact same thing.

or is he talking about his truth, her truth or their truth?