• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big butts in games. Will it last? Or meet the same fate as big boobs and pretty faces?

kiphalfton

Something I noticed in most recent games is that [outside of JRPG's] there has been a steep decline in big boobs and pretty faces in games. However, female characters still seem to have relatively nice butts. This makes me wonder when the crazies will go after devs and try and force them to make the characters look completely flat and ugly? No butt, no boobs, ugly faces.

Last edited:
imagination jerking off GIF

Closer

If you only focus on AAA games, that true. Not true for the entire gaming landscape, as we get too many games to count. Maybe you should try gaming more games.

There has definitely been less large booties in games recently. Obviously big boobs have been on a sharp decline for years, but booty is starting to get the shaft as well.

I was playing Control the other day (great game BTW) and noticed that Jesse is one of the least attractive female main characters in modern games. She's not hideous by any means, but very aggressively normal looking. A very mediocre sized bootay. It's not a bad thing, just an observation.

BUT, let's keep big butts for in gaming for at least a few more years. I'm expecting excellent booty technology thanks to the Ryzen architecture.

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
If you only focus on AAA games, that true. Not true for the entire gaming landscape, as we get too many games to count. Maybe you should try gaming more games.
200.gif

Don't mind us though, keep on complaining about your AAAs.

Outside of Sony first party games/boring GOTY bait, not sure if this is even an issue.

Even Nintendo gave Zelda a phat ass in Hyrule Warriors.

I think that was because nintendo politics were different during WiiU era

just compare WiiU zero suit Samus vs Switch zero suit Samus

I expect the next breath of the wild will have changes to the zelda model :(

I think that was because nintendo politics were different during WiiU era

just compare WiiU zero suit Samus vs Switch zero suit Samus

I expect the next breath of the wild will have changes to the zelda model :(
Oops, meant to add Age of Calamity to the name which came out cat the end of last year. Plus there was Twintelle in Arms.

Kerotan

There are a shit ton of pretty faces in gaming. The majority of main characters male and female are what I'd consider good looking

Varteras

Gold Member
Contrary to the kneejerk reactions, all three of those things are still very much in video games. Grand Theft Auto V, Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes, Metal Gear Solid V, The Witcher 3, Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy, Nier: Automata, Bayonetta 2, Overwatch, Mortal Kombat 11 and X, Horizon, Devil May Cry 5, Injustice 2, Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XV, Spider-Man, Street Fighter V, Guilty Gear Xrd, Control, Gears 5, Killer Instinct, BlazBlue, AC: Odyssey, Heroes of the Storm, Halo 5, Metal Gear Rising, Soul Calibur VI, and hell even the new Tomb Raider games. I could keep going but I think this more than illustrates the point with recent games. PLENTY of games still feature women with pretty faces, big butts, and/or fantastic fun bags. Physically attractive women are not in short supply in video games.

regawdless

Banned
There is a trend towards less in your face sexyness. You see it in the most iconic female gaming character: Modern Lara Croft is way less sexualized for example.

Also, I'll never forget what they did to Chloe from Uncharted. They needed her ass after the perfect UC3 mp model. These monsters.

Cyberpunk has some great asses though. So there's hope.

Top Bottom