• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big E3 ad for PS4 exclusive 'God of W' going up [Up: Holy crap, it's God of War!]

jett

D-Member
I totally stand by what I said since it's true. And what I said last time was that the reveal "demo" they showed was not even a working game code then. It was just a scripted proof of concept. With the reaction from E3, they decided to go ahead in that direction.

Anyways, you will know soon enough that I'm telling you more truth. It's gonna miss this holiday and next January by many months.

They had a demo behind closed doors.

I just realized that there is no indication that the boy is Kratos' son.

We only really know that his mom is known to both of them and the kid even calls him sir

m4st4

I totally stand by what I said since it's true. And what I said last time was that the reveal "demo" they showed was not even a working game code then. It was just a scripted proof of concept. With the reaction from E3, they decided to go ahead in that direction.

Anyways, you will know soon enough that I'm telling you more truth. It's gonna miss this holiday and next January by many months.

And who might you be?

Simo

Yes let's ignore the leak of Norse realms concept art and in-game model of Kratos 2 months before the E3 demo. They truly had no idea what they were doing or why they hired Bear McCreary to work on the score for months or why they hired Christopher Judge to do VO work until they saw everyone's reaction at Sony's conference that they went "yep, that's what we're going to make now!"

It was such a fake demo that they had a extended fake demo behind closed doors during E3. The nerve of Cory.

And within 6-8 months they have playable state of the game from start to finish, SSM are truly wizard!!

Everything you know is a lie. Game development usually only takes about a year, but game developers are very indecisive and constantly restart their games from scratch every 6 months or so.

Was this guy who was invited to the studio playing non working code then?

https://youtu.be/-iSYefgxVrg

9:45

There was a behind closed doors demo. Was that a long ass video as well?
Why do you spread bullshit?

I think a mod should look into this. That was the third time you said this.

jayu26

Between you and Cory guess who I trust more regarding the development of this game. Hell, they even said that they are done with mo-cap.

Just someone who lives in LA and has lots of friends in gaming development.
So essentially what you're trying to tell us is your "friend" told you(i assume he's a part of the dev team) their e3 demo wasn't a demo it was essentially an in engine trailer and they're just now starting but somehow some way will have this game done sometime next year. That's what you want us to believe

Kyoufu

The actual pre-recorded demo that was uploaded to the official PlayStation channel is slightly different to the one that Cory Barlog pretended to play on the E3 stage.

Explain that to me, Shogmaster.

MattAces

Yes let's ignore the leak of Norse realms concept art and in-game model of Kratos 2 months before the E3 demo. They truly had no idea what they were doing or why they hired Bear McCreary to work on the score for months or why they hired Christopher Judge to do VO work until they saw everyone's reaction at Sony's conference that they went "yep, that's what we're going to make now!"

It was such a fake demo that they had a extended fake demo behind closed doors during E3. The nerve of Cory.

Also the fact that the posted video and E3 demo was slightly different on how they are moving/camera panning. They probably had several scripted videos made to trick people I guess.

I'll be happy to talk to a mod about how i know things, but you guys are getting agead of yourselves. E3 is just around the corner and you'll see what im talking about.

What? The part where they admit all of those demo were lies? Or the fact that it won't be released in Holiday/Jan? Because it was never meant to be released in that time frame.

jayu26

I'll be happy to talk to a mod about how i know things, but you guys are getting agead of yourselves. E3 is just around the corner and you'll see what im talking about.
How about this, first define "missing January by many months". Then how about an avatar bet?

Look, you guys are ganging up on me because you want me to be wrong about the release date. Fine. Wait 2 weeks or whatever we have left first? Gang up on me after E3, OK?

MattAces

Look, you guys are ganging up on me because you want me to be wrong about the release date. Fine. Wait 2 weeks or whatever we have left first? Gang up on me after E3, OK?

Wrong about what release date? There was never a release date. Saying it will miss Jan for several months means nothing.

vivekTO

what is your proposed Release date??, Obviously we don't know anything as the Jan release date was from an unaccounted source, so you must have a better idea. Right?

Elfstruck

I thought we were talking about how this game was a just a proof concept last year, and now you are talking about release date?

m4st4

Nobody's talking about release date, man. You're saying what they showed at E3 was basically a big lie. What is it, then? Release date is 2018 (you don't say) or release date is 2019 because the game has been in development for six months or so (lol)?

So full of it, this guy.

But we already know it won't be out in January 2018.

This is my issue. He's being so vague and obvious with what he says and isn't allowing anyone the capacity to even tell if he was correct or not after the fact.

Missing January by "many months" could mean a March 2018 launch technically, because many is such a subjective word.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

But what about the supposed collector's edition leak from a retailer? doesn't that stuff only leak fairly soon to release?

Wrong about what release date? There was never a release date. Saying it will miss Jan for several months means nothing.
Sure. And that leads to a question i have for you guys. When are you expecting the release date to be? Do you guys as a group have a consensus or what?

So essentially what you're trying to tell us is your "friend" told you(i assume he's a part of the dev team) their e3 demo wasn't a demo it was essentially an in engine trailer and they're just now starting but somehow some way will have this game done sometime next year. That's what you want us to believe
Are you able to give a reasonable explanation for the responses above? This is why no one believes you. What you say makes zero sense and contradicts what we know about the game already.

Kyoufu

Less than 2 weeks guys. If i'm wrong, I'll stay out of gaming side forever. Deal?

You're getting perma-banned if you're wrong, but the problem is, you're not going to be wrong because nobody expects this to be out by January 2018 and we have no real way to prove that your claim of a faked demo is false despite evidence going against you, there's still no real way to prove otherwise.

MattAces

Sure. And that leads to a question i have for you guys. When are you expecting the release date to be? Do you guys as a group have a consensus or what?

Of course it will be around 2018, but release date was never the argument here. We are talking about the whole scripted non working code and there's no game in it part. Stop switching the topic to release date.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Less than 2 weeks guys. If i'm wrong, I'll stay out of gaming side forever. Deal?

If you're wrong, you'll do more than not be allowed to post in gaming! But you're being sort of evasive anyway, right? Like it just doesn't have to release in January? What does "many months" mean?

More importantly, do you really want it to be your word vs. Cory Barlog's when you haven't let us know what the source of your information is?

Top Bottom