• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big E3 ad for PS4 exclusive 'God of W' going up [Up: Holy crap, it's God of War!]

Midas

The orchestra was composing on the spot as well.

Freestyle orchestrating is the best.

Regarding release date, all there is is that "leaked" January date from some e-tailer and assumptions that it would be out in January. I don't think anyone is actually convinced that it will come January, just that they would like it to. I would, that's for sure.

More will be known in ~1 week.

farisr

Man, if god if war releases in 2018, Sony Santa Monica must be absolute wizards to make a game of this fidelity within that time frame, seeing as they only started making the game after E3 2016 with a completely different direction from the past entries in the franchise.

FelipeMGM

To be fair Shogmaster, all we want to know is if you can prove to us how and why that demo was some form of smoke and mirrors an that the game was just a proof of concept back then. And also if that affected the general development of the game, either in a good or bad way

This has nothing to do with the game ''missing a date'' (especially when there was no such thing to begin with), or anyone beeing right or wrong in this date talk regards.

As enthusiasts, we sure welcome behind the scenes information, all we ask is that they come with receipts

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You guys making fun of Shogmaster but i'm not. The thing is i believe him, he's been long enough here, no way he would just throw his account away like that.

But what does he mean with all that, it makes no sense.

Loris146

You guys making fun of Shogmaster but i'm not. The thing is i believe him, he's been long enough here, no way he would just throw his account away like that.

But what does he mean with all that, it makes no sense.

I still want to know what scripted proof of concept means and why there were different demo to try ( behind close doors).

We know that the game is playable from start to finish ( alpha state). They did it in a few months?

Unless Cory and SSM and Sony are lying of course.

Mikey Jr.

I totally stand by what I said since it's true. And what I said last time was that the reveal "demo" they showed was not even a working game code then. It was just a scripted proof of concept. With the reaction from E3, they decided to go ahead in that direction.

Anyways, you will know soon enough that I'm telling you more truth. It's gonna miss this holiday and next January by many months.

What the hell.....

Who said it was coming out this holiday?

Did Sony? Is this what you are using for justification for being "in the know"?

I got insider knowledge too!

Tlou2 remake is not making this August 2017 release, thusly the project is in turmoil. You'll see at this E3 when TLOU2 doesn't have a release date. I'm right.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What about it?

if the trailer was just smoke and mirrors how come they showed a different behind closed doors demo? where they took different paths, collected items etc.?

During my extended demo, we wandered off the beaten path and discovered a number of crafting resources, pieces of armor, and idols.

http://in.ign.com/god-of-war-project/95415/preview/e3-2016-god-of-war-hands-on-impressions

Sorry but i don't understand the whole proof of concept thing. What exactly do you mean by that?

What the hell.....

Who said it was coming out this holiday?

Did Sony? Is this what you are using for justification for being "in the know"?

I got insider knowledge too!

Tlou2 remake is not making this August 2017 release, thusly the project is in turmoil. You'll see at this E3 when TLOU2 doesn't have a release date. I'm right.
Calm down man. I didnt just make a post out of the blue talking about the release date. I was replying to someone who was guessing Jan 2018.

Im all about tempered expectations. Want to minize disappointmemts.

Mikey Jr.

Calm down man. I didnt just make a post out of the blue talking about the release date. I was replying to someone who was guessing Jan 2018.

Im all about tempered expectations. Want to minize disappointmemts.

Sorry, lol.

But yeah, not sure why anyone here is expecting this holiday. Sony never said that. Sony didn't promise any release date.

Shin-Ra

CVk5WNs.gif

Drencrom

if the trailer was just smoke and mirrors how come they showed a different behind closed doors demo? where they took different paths, collected items etc.?

http://in.ign.com/god-of-war-project/95415/preview/e3-2016-god-of-war-hands-on-impressions

Sorry but i don't understand the whole proof of concept thing. What exactly do you mean by that?

He apparently already PMed y2kev, we'll know in due time.

But yeah, I really don't get his narrative that SSM didn't know what direction to take the game when they showed the demo. It's very apparent from interviews with Cory Barlog that they do have a vision as they showed and told a bunch of stuff they want to do with the game.

Mikey Jr.

This industry tends to drop numbers at some point. You want everybody to be able picking this game up and understand, that's the message here.

Pretty much.

Like, I didn't even bother with the Yakuza games because I didn't play 1-4 or whatever.

If they called this Gow4, I'd be like "well, I should play 1-3 first" and then probably wouldn't get around to it.

Dropping the number will definitely increase sales, especially because people won't be so hesitant to pick it up.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I'm perfectly fine with them calling this just God of War. It's a new step for the series and the developer. Sure, it might be set after God of War 3, but it IS a soft reboot for the series.

How can someone have played a demo of a something that, according to you, had no actual game code. Someone is lying. Either the person who wrote the article, or you.

Did she play the demo? Or watched a demo? Two very different things. Reading the article, she doesn't say she played it. Or did I miss that?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why would Sony and SSM put their reputations on the line for as Shog says a "proof of concept demo" and START E FUCKING 3 2016 with it

We are a week away, GAFfers and their eyeballs are a magical thing from picking up everything on screen quickly
We'll see if your right Shog, if your not, oh boy

panda-zebra

I totally stand by what I said since it's true. And what I said last time was that the reveal "demo" they showed was not even a working game code then. It was just a scripted proof of concept. With the reaction from E3, they decided to go ahead in that direction.

The Secret Life of...

TBF, an E3 game reveal not really sharing much in common with the actual end product wouldn't be a shocker, just the further that paragraph goes on the less it reads like it's from the source of the information and more likely some blanks being filled in.

The "demo" wasn't a real game - not probs there, it's an E3 game preview, heard plenty of tales of how these things get thrown together to give a representation of a final product.

Just a scripted proof of concept - well a highly scripted representation what a scenario in the game might play out like, yeah, but "proof of concept" seems unfair, that's something that might more likely take place years before this point.

E3 reaction = go ahead in that direction. That could be read in many ways, the most obvious being "proof of concept well received so let's go ahead and make a real game like this, yo!" which is nonsense. It could also technically be read as "people liked it, our decisions are validated, let's continue and get this thing sewn up!", and that might have ended up being presented here in this fashion by being handed down from person to person like the telephone game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drencrom

Did she play the demo? Or watched a demo? Two very different things. Reading the article, she doesn't say she played it. Or did I miss that?

Are you implying they created two different scripted demos, one for the public conference and one demo for the press where they showcased other RPG systems while under scrutiny of the press and their questions?

This is conspiracy theory level stuff

I wonder how the game looks like now and I hope they show the PS4 PRO version this time like when they shwoed Death Stranding, Uncharetd The Lost legacy and TLOU2.

What's this nonsense about the game not being a real thing at E3 ? No way in hell they only started making the game after E3 2016. They started early work on this after their other project was scrapped back in 2014.

Seeing as the creative director Cory Barlog said the game was already playable from start to finish in December 2016, although there was still lots of work to do, I would probably believe someone in charge of the actual game, than a friend of someone random on the internet.

I'd be very surprised if this was late 2018 or 2019 and I would still put money on early 2018, probably GoW's usually March slot, like previous games.

//DEVIL//

Ikea? Over priced?
I dread to think how god ugly your interior design is if you think Ikea is over priced

its overpriced for the cheap shit they offer in return. and lmao don't worry about my interior design. half of it from Ikea :/ ( which is why I made this post in the first place lol )

Chaostar

To be honest I think the assertion that there was no playable game or full plan for a game, when GoW was announced at E3 2016, is ridiculous. Simply because of the fact that the game was playable from start to finish less than 6 months later...

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1327351

They must have been working on this well before the reveal with a structured plan and game already in the pipeline.

Edit: beaten by Yautja

Ahahaha.

So, the game will surly miss this year's E3 and most likely won't be ready by 2019-2020 then, huh? Or are you gonna tell me that somehow SSM will manage to make a complete game on par with last year's "animation", after only 2 years or so of actual dev time?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wait, they paint those billboards? They're not...like just unfurled?

How is that possible?

Anyways, talked to Shog, and we'll all see in 8 days or so. HOW EXCITINGggggg

The God

How is that possible?

I haven't kept up with this conversation

What are we going to be "seeing"?

THE:MILKMAN

How is that possible?

You damn tease! First TLG now this.

A hint that Shog is on to something?

Edit: Shog seems quite smug....!

Top Bottom