• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big E3 ad for PS4 exclusive 'God of W' going up [Up: Holy crap, it's God of War!]

I'm torn on whether or not to watch the E3 demo. Want to go into this one fresh, no bosses or setpieces, but I also want to see more of the moment to moment gameplay

If you think about it, they really haven't shown that much with the first trailer. I think we can watch something else, an epic boss fight to saciate the hype and then we can go blind :D

FelipeMGM

If they give it a spring 2018 date, not watching. No date, and I watch some of it. :p

I find that impossible to do with games Im looking forward too. I might avoid like trailers close to release, but a big showcase like this, I just cant

Im good with movies tho, still have not watched a single second of Spider-Man Homecoming trailers

I find that impossible to do with games Im looking forward too. I might avoid like trailers close to release, but a big showcase like this, I just cant

Im good with movies tho, still have not watched a single second of Spider-Man Homecoming trailers
Don't do it they're spoilery as hell too

I did okay with Horizon. I didn't watch much more after a certain point but I still entered threads and had bits and pieces exposed.

I'm going to do even better with God of War! It is going to be pretty tough since I am going to be in a theater this time though.

Yep, have only seen a small bit of Homecoming.

FelipeMGM

Don't do it they're spoilery as hell too

So I've heard. Glad Im clean on that

I did okay with Horizon. I didn't watch much more after a certain point but I still entered threads and had bits and pieces exposed.

I'm going to do even better with God of War! It is going to be pretty tough since I am going to be in a theater this time though.

Yep, have only seen a small bit of Homecoming.

I did a terrible job in this sense with Horizon, I watched everything but the launch trailer

I wonder how fans of the PS2 games will look at this now while walking down the streets.
an AX? A kid?! A Beard!!!
ukGm72ZLZvYfS.webp

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So I've heard. Glad Im clean on that

I did a terrible job in this sense with Horizon, I watched everything but the launch trailer
I did really well on my Uncharted 4 blackout. Only saw the PSX gameplay. Plan on doing the same for TLoU 2. Horizon was easy for me since I just ignored some of the story based trailers and just watched open world exploration footage.

FelipeMGM

Lol so did drifting I know because we both failed on our horizon blackout

Thinking back, I dont think I ever did a media blackout for any game Im even averagely interested in

I did really well on my Uncharted 4 blackout. Only saw the PSX gameplay. Plan on doing the same for TLoU 2. Horizon was easy for me since I just ignored some of the story based trailers and just watched open world exploration footage.

I consumed this one like crazy too, and again only avoided the launch trailer

So will this game just be titled God of War?

An interesting note is that Jaffe's original concept for the series would've had every entry being called "God of War". Since it's one giant story he wanted Sony to figure out how to market it in a way that people would know when a new entry was released even though it'd still be called "God of War".

antibolo

Banned
An interesting note is that Jaffe's original concept for the series would've had every entry being called "God of War". Since it's one giant story he wanted Sony to figure out how to market it in a way that people would know when a new entry was released even though it'd still be called "God of War".

That's... so stupid.

Horizon March 2017
God if war march 2018
TloU2 March 2019
Death stranding March 2020

Comeatmebro.gif

Not bad predictions. I think TLOU 2 will be mid to late 2019 and DS mid to late 2020 though. I honestly think GOW could be late 2017 since it reached alpha last Dec. Though they may just stick to tradition and release it in march.

Quick photoshop...

EcSYUfH.png

This has me excited in all the right ways. When we saw the Horizon E3 banner last year I was hoping that would be the cover art and they pulled through, so hopeful here as well.

If this isn't it, just hoping that 90% of the cover won't just be Kratos' face scowling.

This has me excited in all the right ways. When we saw the Horizon E3 banner last year I was hoping that would be the cover art and they pulled through, so hopeful here as well.

If this isn't it, just hoping that 90% of the cover won't just be Kratos' face scowling.

This wasn't the horizon cover
horizon_ps4_e3_poster.jpg

This is
latest

I'm not expecting that to be the final GOW boxart.

Rmagnus

Banned
Got burnt out from the god of war series but the last E3 video was really interesting, love to see if the game play has been changed.

I'm not expecting that to be the final GOW boxart.

Wow, I was totally misremembering that poster as what ended up as the box art. Thanks for the correction!

If the Horizon poster was any precedent, hopefully we can end up with something similar to the GoW poster for the box art with some more dynamic poses.

Top Bottom