• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Cosby sentenced to 3 to 10 years in prison

ILLtown

Bill Cosby, who fell from grace as “America’s Dad” to a convicted sex offender, was sentenced Tuesday to three to 10 years in state prison.

The 81-year-old comedian was seen being walked down a courthouse hallway in handcuffs after he was denied bail less than an hour after his sentencing. He was also fined $25,000 and will be required to cover the costs of prosecution, which amounts to at least $43,000, the district attorney said.

He was convicted in April of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand, who testified that Cosby violated her at his Pennsylvania home in 2004 after she came to him for career advice.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ea-constand-sexual-assault-conviction-n912826

Not surprised to see this either: -
His longtime spokesman told reporters after the sentencing that the decision was "racist and sexist."

What do you think of the sentence? He got off lightly IMO.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
He's pretty old. 3-10 years in prison is basically him living out his last years in a cell. I don't think that's light at all. His legacy will be forever tarnished and he will sadly die with disgrace for what he put his victims through. What's sad is that many people looked up to him as a fatherly role model.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
This seems like the sentencing according to a single case, no? Weren't there upwards of like 20+ women who came forward?

Is this just the only one that actually led to a trial or were all of them somehow roped into this one case? The article doesn't specify but I'd imagine he has a lot more legal battles ahead of him if this is just one of his accusers.

Moneal

This seems like the sentencing according to a single case, no? Weren't there upwards of like 20+ women who came forward?

Is this just the only one that actually led to a trial or were all of them somehow roped into this one case? The article doesn't specify but I'd imagine he has a lot more legal battles ahead of him if this is just one of his accusers.
Yea just one case. I think most were outside statutes of limitation.

ILLtown

There were over 60 accusers. Most were outside the statutes of limitations and a handful filed civil suits, which I assume are still ongoing.

Last edited:
It sucks that most of the cases fall outside the statute of limitations, if convicted for all his accusers, he'd be facing multiple lifetimes but at least if he serves the maximum sentence, that's basically a death sentence and that's exactly what this monster deserves.

I’d put him in jail 10 years for each victim to not be served concurrently. Let his carcass rot in prison as an example to all other pieces of shit or would be a like him.

Greedings

The guy is like 80 and legally blind. He's not going anywhere.

The point of the conviction is to destroy his name - which should be done. A rapist should not go to the grave believing they got away with it. While I think the Jimmy Savile case was much, much worse, we should never let that happen again.

hecatomb

Banned
I’d put him in jail 10 years for each victim to not be served concurrently. Let his carcass rot in prison as an example to all other pieces of shit or would be a like him.
Out of the 60+ women though, which ones actually had any evidence.

Last edited:

Link1110

Glad he got something, last I saw his lawyers were asking for house arrest which is absolutely nuts. His money + Amazon + his house which must have an amazing pool = my dream life.

The guy is like 80 and legally blind. He's not going anywhere.

The point of the conviction is to destroy his name - which should be done. A rapist should not go to the grave believing they got away with it. While I think the Jimmy Savile case was much, much worse, we should never let that happen again.

Yup, in the eyes of the government he is officially a sexual predator, while people are still free to their opinions that's as close to a final word on the matter as you can get.

His legacy isn't just tarnished now, but completely ruined, like I said, he is now officially a sexual predator, not just accused.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Have all instances of the Crosby Show stopped airing? I haven’t seen it on TV in awhile. Feel kinda bad for all the people who worked on the show and won’t make any residuals off it now, but it’s understandable how the name is basically poison now.

Boss Mog

It should've been the death penalty really. The dude has drugged and raped over 50 women. He is literally one of the worst serial rapists in history. I get that this trial was for one rape in particular but I hope he doesn't get to leave prison for the full 10 years unless it's feet first.

It's a shame for all the other Cosby Show actors who can't get royalties anymore cause of him. I saw Alvin was working in a grocery store to make ends meet. People were actually shaming him for it on social media. There's nothing wrong with making an honest living. Hopefully somebody in Hollywood will give him some acting work.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Basically, his reaction when he heard the sentence:

48-the-cosby-show-season-1-8-intro-mp4.gif

When interviewed at age 86 about why he did it:

ZTkyNzQ2N2Q1NyMvek1JVkU4UVEwNjQ1OFFXZmVsVUVZZG1ULTg0PS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCk6bm9fdXBzY2FsZSgpOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vY3BxYnRpYXQxZXJkbmZhNWpham5mb3gyY3FqM3NjZjZiNjdpeXliNGp6cGltaXJqaXN4cGFjZHpiYnJ6Z3UxdS5naWY.gif

And his reaction when he gets out of jail at 91 and makes a public statement to all his victims:

OwG8.gif

Super Mario

Banned

I disagree. I think the biggest point of sticking it to him is to say men of power won't get away with it. The second point is to continue the weaponized sexual assault tactic.

Greedings

I disagree. I think the biggest point of sticking it to him is to say men of power won't get away with it. The second point is to continue the weaponized sexual assault tactic.

Nah, this guy has had tons of women come forward, and from what I've seen, there's actually a lot of evidence. He is not innocent.

Not all rape accusations are a power play. Just because of some of the bullshit going around doesn't mean we should let real predators get away with such a heinous crime. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Don't "believe women", believe women when they present a ton of evidence to go along with their accusations.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I mean he got away with it. Guy is literally almost dead.

llien

...and from what I've seen, there's actually a lot of evidence.
Is there?

If assault is immediately reported, you could test for drugs, etc, but what kind of evidence can you have for something that happened 14 years ago?

Inherent lack of evidence is the major problem in with crimes and related trials. Check this one out:
Discovery of dog leads to man freed from 50 year sentence (hm, can't find the article on BBC anymore)

Joshua Horner, a plumber from the central Oregon town of Redmond, was convicted on April 12, 2017, of sexual abuse of a minor.

In the trial, the complainant testified Horner had threatened to shoot her animals if she went to the police about the alleged molestation, and said she saw him shoot her dog and kill it to make his point.

The fact that someone could be convicted for 50 years based purely on WORDS of a single witness is mind boggling.

Top Bottom