• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Maher had a good rant on his New Rule segment

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
Agree with him 100% on this one. One of my biggest pet peeves is “retroactive wokeness” it’s insufferable

Btw as an aside, Catherine Rampbell was on and she was really getting under Bill Maher’s skin. She kept trying to pander to the left crowd with the typical lefty rants and at one point Bill Maher just stopped her and was like “look I get it, Trump’s racist, he tried to sue me in 2013 because I called him racist then, racism bad, you good, we get it.”

Glad he did that because I don’t always watch the show, but man she was fucking annoying.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
Thanks, had a good laugh. Bill has some real good material out there. Sensible leftie in my eyes, probably like most.

Is the part of the show you’re referring to also available?

Edit: found it...

Last edited:

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
Nobody has an argument for Trump being a racist, because he isn't one.

Dumb /=/ racist.
If a dummy makes billions, becomes president of the USA, and has a hot wife despite his combover, I’d like to be as dumb.

Nah, he’s just a narcissist CEO businessman, not a career politician like we’re accustomed to. It’s jarring for some, certainty takes getting used to for many.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Thanks, had a good laugh. Bill has some real good material out there. Sensible leftie in my eyes, probably like most.

It’s always the same bullshit. “Trump bad, Trump is evil, blah blah blah”

It sounds like even Maher is getting tired of it

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
What are "man buns"?

He makes a good point and it was quite funny (4:00, haha)
I wonder if there is a republican version of Time Machine blaming.

We should frankly have a Maher’s best hits thread.
He hates Trump so it would rub many in a wrong way, but I'd like to have such thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybrwzrd

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
What are "man buns"?

He makes a good point and it was quite funny (4:00, haha)
I wonder if there is a republican version of Time Machine blaming.

He hates Trump so it would rub many in a wrong way, but I'd like to have such thread.
Some people like something others don’t. Not an issue, business as usual

Reactions: llien

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013

That wasn’t the part I was referring to I’ll see if I can find a clip of it.

btgorman

Jul 26, 2009

Maher is not so sensible. He's wishing for a recession.

Dude has hard TDS and is big time Russiagater.

Last edited:

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
I liked the segment for the most part, and think it's funny and insightful. At the same time, it's mostly just neoliberal apologist crap in terms of actual political impact.

I still think it's worth pointing this stuff out in a political campaign. It's worth pointing out that Bernie did actually see the future. He was actually out in front on almost every one of those issues. He did not oppose gay marriage. He did oppose NAFTA. He did oppose the Iraq War. He did oppose the bailout. Sometimes, exceptional people do their homework, have courage and moral conviction, and make better decisions - consistently.

And frankly, if you're running for president, anything goes. We're not talking about being nice to a random old person, which is how it should be. It's someone running for office in a cutthroat campaign against people doing opposition research to take you down.

And the bit about Kamala Harris opposing legalizing marijuana, while she put tons of people in jail for it personally, is a totally different matter. Lots of people have had that one figured out for a while now. She was just a cowardly centrist that will never lead anyone. She will only go where the political winds point. She's a coward, and is corrupt. She will never lead on anything.

Last edited:

GloveSlap

Dec 28, 2007
I liked the segment for the most part, and think it's funny and insightful. At the same time, it's mostly just neoliberal apologist crap in terms of actual political impact.

I still think it's worth pointing this stuff out in a political campaign. It's worth pointing out that Bernie did actually see the future. He was actually out in front on almost every one of those issues. He did not oppose gay marriage. He did oppose NAFTA. He did oppose the Iraq War. He did oppose the bailout. Sometimes, exceptional people do their homework, have courage and moral conviction, and make better decisions - consistently.

And frankly, if you're running for president, anything goes. We're not talking about being nice to a random old person, which is how it should be. It's someone running for office in a cutthroat campaign against people doing opposition research to take you down.

And the bit about Kamala Harris opposing legalizing marijuana, while she put tons of people in jail for it personally, is a totally different matter. Lots of people have had that one figured out for a while now. She was just a cowardly centrist that will never lead anyone. She will only go where the political winds point. She's a coward, and is corrupt. She will never lead on anything.
Well said. People do deserve some credit for evolving though. Too many people are afraid to change and admit they were wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miku Miku
Oct 27, 2017
Trump and Maher just had a hilarious Twitter war. Maher tweeted at the end that he would endorse Trump if Trump does a 180 on the environment and start working to prevent deforestation and stops allowing companies to dump carcinogens into public waters.

NOT bloody likely considering Trump staffed the EPA with an Oil Industry Crony and stopped banning known carcinogens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miku Miku
Oct 26, 2018
Good video.

Problem is the internet let every manbaby scream louder.

I said this in another thread, but it's amazing when you think of it....

When you're a kid, parents and teachers tell you to not to get mad at words. Hey Tommy, it's just words, no need to cry. Just ignore them.

But when you're 40 years old, suddenly you bitch and whine at jokes and even directly offensive words....... the same kinds of insults you told a 10 year old at recess to grow up about? You're a grown adult with a job, a home, and car loan and you really care that much about people talking smack about you on Twitter?

One thing's for sure, the internet shows how many manchildren there really are in the world.

Last edited:

Kazza

Oct 6, 2018
LOL I remember most of neogaf was cheering Ben"owned" them and I was like uh no he just shouted nonsense
Wow, that must have been a different era of GAF. Did you get banned for supporting Sam? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Reactions: pel1300

pel1300

Jan 11, 2006
Wow, that must have been a different era of GAF. Did you get banned for supporting Sam? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
No I mostly stayed out of political discussion because it was so unproductive. I was shocked members didn't realize Islam is not a race. Just like ppl thinking insulting Brazilians is racist when Brazil is one of the most ethnically diverse countries out there.

Harris and Maher had to "prove" they weren't racist afterwards

Sam later joked that Ben was probably roid raging from juicing for his Batman films

Last edited:
Reactions: Kazza

dragonfart28

Gab Ambassador
Jun 12, 2009
This was one of the better episodes.

Didn't notice any point at which the girl got under his skin though

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
I specifically liked this video because of that annoying trend to try to "cancel" the founding fathers because they owned slaves. Like the people living today wouldn't have.

Oct 14, 2010
LOL I remember most of neogaf was cheering Ben"owned" them and I was like uh no he just shouted nonsense
I remember that thread so vividly. I couldn't believe the discrepancy between what I listened to on the show vs. how people were spinning it.

You literally hear someone breaking down categories of varying religious conviction -- attempting to be as precise as possible using reputable polling data -- then get accused of painting all Muslims with broad brush.

It was one of the moments when I realized just how deep within the progressive echo chamber old GAF was at that time.