• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill O'Reilly accused of assaulting his ex-wife in front of his daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's clearly manning up and dealing with his issues the old fashion way, rather than being a wuss and seeing a therapist like an emascualted modern man.

Drazgul

1172.gif

Channeling his inner Kurt Russell there.

ItIsOkBro

This is a Gawker experiment where they hypothesized that people won't believe the Louis C.K. story (because people like him) whereas they will believe the Bill O'Reilly story (because people dislike him).

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I want to believe this is true, but if I do, do I have to believe the thing about Louis, too? :(

You could instead just latch onto the well over $2 million dollar settlement with Andrea Mackris who allegedly had a recording of O'Reilly sexually harassing her, which almost certainly existed seeing as Fox News tried to counter her with an extortion lawsuit.

O'Reilly doesn't really deny it, but doesn't think what he did was wrong, even though it clearly was harassment once he brought her career into it during his gross phone sex stuff, with promises of career advancement if she played along, and threats of ending her career if she said anything about it after she broke it off.

He also apparently threatened her with the power of Roger Ailes, who would destroy her like he was going to destroy Al Franken after Franken called out all of O'Reilly's lies on BookTV (obviously this was before Franken won a senate seat).

We don't really know much except for this leaked court document, but boy, that document is a doozy. Particularly the part where he wants to rub the "falafel thing" all over her.

JaseMath

That's kind of fucked.

Yeah fuck this person to one up my dad. That'll show him disagreeing with me.
When you start receiving Bill O'Riley books unsolicited in the mail—Killng Lincon, Killing Jesus, etc.—along with letters about what a great example Bill O'Riley sets for Millenials...and then getting email after email proclaiming, "O'Riley has it right...AGAIN!"... *sigh*

All of this after you've repeatedly told him of your hate for FOX news/O'Riley, you come talk to me.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
When you start receiving Bill O'Riley books unsolicited in the mail—Killng Lincon, Killing Jesus, etc.—along with letters about what a great example Bill O'Riley sets for Millenials...and then getting email after email proclaiming, "O'Riley has it right...AGAIN!"... *sigh*

All of this after you've repeatedly told him of your hate for FOX news/O'Riley, you come talk to me.

I'm right there with you man. Trying to have a reasoned discussion on race relations in America and he invokes O'Reilly, as if O'Reilly has an accurate pulse on the black community. Tell him to read some Tim Wise and he invokes the Tim Wise is a reparations guy and then tells me O'Reilly, Charles freaking Barkley, and Bill Cosby are right about the black community.

I would love nothing more than O'Reilly to get taken down as well.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm right there with you man. Trying to have a reasoned discussion on race relations in America and he invokes O'Reilly, as if O'Reilly has an accurate pulse on the black community. Tell him to read some Tim Wise and he invokes the Tim Wise is a reparations guy and then tells me O'Reilly, Charles freaking Barkley, and Bill Cosby are right about the black community.

I would love nothing more than O'Reilly to get taken down as well.

Don't forget MLK, who apparently would be fully on O'Reilly's side about everything race related.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
It's gawker, so unfortunately the article itself is almost worthless. However if I'm not mistaken he has a history of behavior like this that has been verified.

When I read "called up his high-placed connections within the NCPD to have something done about Gross" I thought this story was gonna go way darker.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Not cool how different the response is in this thread compared to the Louis CK thread.

Especially not cool that people are posting shit like this:

Most people in the CK thread thought it might be true, based on his known behavior but wished it were false . Most people here think roughly the same thing but do not enjoy this person's satire as much. Both threads question Gawker's sources and legitimacy.

All this thread does is measure their relative worth and talent.

JaseMath

Not cool how different the response is in this thread compared to the Louis CK thread.

Especially not cool that people are posting shit like this:
Did you read the explanation post like 10 above yours? It's really not baseless antagonizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom