• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billie Eilish-No Time To Die

No Thanks.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I've never heard anything by this chick before. I think it sounds alright, maybe a little too soft but it has it's moments.

Blond

Banned
Craig's bond songs pretty much peaked with Skyfall, Adele put her all into it vocally and you can listen to it on it's own.

But this just feels like "we wrote this, get the current "it girl" on it ASAP!"

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I like that she's bringing something new to mainstream pop.

Almost literally every fucking song playing on the radio for the last ten years or so, all sound the same. Regularly I had been feeling every song was basically the same fucking sound.. I've been complaining about this for years already...

I like Billie's vocal style and the whole vibe. I don't think she's gonna be having a lot of longevity, I don't feel that from her. But I appreciate that she's bringing a little freshness with her music, right now. It's definitely not tailor made to hit the charts, and yet somehow she got there anyway. I think that's rather nice..

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
bittertaste.gif

So this is what the young people are calling "music" these days?

Intellectually our society has degraded to a new lower level. If you are famous (does not matter if you worked your ass off, of born into privilege, or got there through connections) there is a group for failures licking your ass and signing up to be your "follower". Living their failed life through these icons. If you object, criticize or give your opinion ... you will be attacked by these failures.... they will crawl out and attack you as if they were hiding in their idol's rectum.

I didn't even know who she was until recently. Her fucking music is trash. Its clear she is relevant due to her parent's connections.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
she's pretty, her voice is nice, music is okay

don't understand the industry plant stuff, only ever heard a few of her tunes on youtube

hope the intro is good

Her mother.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggie_Baird
Actress, singer, song writer. Homeschooled the kids right into a music career.
Her father Patrick O'Connell is also a musician/actor.
Her brother https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finneas_O'Connell
Also a musician, produced her stuff.

-its kind of a meme because everyone in her family is a successful singer/actor.

Last edited:

kunonabi

While this isnt the worst Bond song it certainly is the most boring. I've only heard her Grammy performance and this but I am thoroughly unimpressed so far.

In hindsight, the Quantum of Solace theme was not that bad :messenger_hushed:

Can't they hire, like, Depeche Mode or something like that? You know, someone with actual talent and maybe a bit of class... Bring back fucking Bono and the Edge, their Goldeneye theme is synonymous with Bond. Jesus Christ what the fuck is going on with modern music lmao

Sorcerer

For those decrying that Billie got this too soon, I think the Bond franchise is desperate to bring young people into the fold, they really don't care about Bond anymore, to them he is just an old relic, a dinosaur. Also its not like Bond has never been trendy with it's theme song artists before. Billie seems respectful here, (not sure if her and her brother actually wrote it) it's not like she totally went bonkers , certainly better than what Sam Smith did. The producers certainly played their cards right, announcing Billie for the title track write before she swept the Grammy's.

Last edited:

Sorcerer

Keep in mind, its forever now between Bond films, a lot of artists that you would think would have a shot miss the opportunity, you would think since they like to be trendy with the artists nowadays Taylor Swift or Lady Gaga in her day would have been given a shot, but the opportunity seems to fly out the window, maybe they felt they better get Billie right away, instead of waiting years later to ask her.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Was ok, but just like all of billies songs, sounds exactly the same as her other hits. My daughter loves her, but I can’t get over how same-y all her shit is.

holygeesus

Banned
This ain’t winning an Oscar.
Thats a shame.

You realise she literally just sang at the Oscars right? Of course, according to the miserable grandpas in this thread, she is some unknown just randomly handed the Bond theme lol. She's big guys, get over it.

SpartanN92

Banned
You realise she literally just sang at the Oscars right? Of course, according to the miserable grandpas in this thread, she is some unknown just randomly handed the Bond theme lol. She's big guys, get over it.

And do you realize that singing at the Oscar and winning an Oscar are two VERY different things?

Both Skyfall and Spectre won Oscars for best original song, I’m saying that this song does not match the level of excellence required to win an Oscar that Skyfall and Spectre delivered.

black_13

Banned
Honestly thought I would hate it as I'm not a fan of her style of whisper singing but this matches the Bond style songs.

Didn't like the first minute but it starts to build up and rides out smoothly. Feels like some payoff was missing near the end but overall an okay song, certainly not close to the level of her predecessors.

I thought it sounded like a bond song. 🤷🏼‍♂️

My wife likes her and that’s how I started hearing her stuff. As a verified boomer, I’m not versed in her backstory (well, until now) but I’ve liked it enough. Certainly better than other stuff I have to listen to sometimes.

My favorite is My Strange Addiction

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Billie Eilish is okay. I don't listen to her music regularly but what I've heard doesn't like your typical teen pop you hear nowadays.

And she seems to genuinely enjoy interacting with her fandom, which is okay in my book.

Tesseract

Banned
I thought it sounded like a bond song. 🤷🏼‍♂️

My wife likes her and that’s how I started hearing her stuff. As a verified boomer, I’m not versed in her backstory (well, until now) but I’ve liked it enough. Certainly better than other stuff I have to listen to sometimes.

My favorite is My Strange Addiction

pretty feral style here

Top Bottom