• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billionaire throws tantrum after being denied entry to ‘Hamilton’

Status
Not open for further replies.
IpjBGyjC.jpg

chris-sacca.jpg

635787093536626272-Chris-Sacca-answering-questions.jpg

His shirt selection should have been a huge red flag.

Moff

if he was so important surely he could buy his ticket at the official vendors and not second hand from some dubious source

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
If he's so rich, why can't he just get on a list to get these tickets through the theater instead of doing some scrub mode StubHub deal.

What a dumbass. All that bread and he still doesn't know how to make toast.

Guevara

He was not being creative, should have turned around and paid someone $5K per ticket and called it a day.
Right? Create a dynamic market right there. Maybe a simple app-based checkout interface. So much for being entrepreneurial.

Instead he freaked out like a common consumer.

lightus

Well he could have handled that better but I don't blame him for being mad. I'd be pissed if I flew somewhere on my bday for an event only to find out my tickets turned out to be counterfeit.

He should have started off giving Stubhub crap instead of the poor ticket scanner though.

Ogodei

What he should have done is looked up the theater's Director of Development, called them, and offered $100,000 pledge to have his phony tickets accepted and someone else booted out of the theater.

Why would dude use StubHub of all things? Dude has to know somebody who knows somebody, you know?

Buying tickets on the secondhand reseller market, what in the world.

thebeeks

Banned
“Do you know who I am?” Sacca thundered repeatedly, according to an eyewitness, a Broadway theater worker who requested anonymity.

Psssh, I know who you are (I listen to the StartUp podcast) and I wouldn't even let you in acting like that. What a child.

Zach

Well sure, doesn't really help in the immediate situation, though.

Rich people are still people.

So are you saying his actions were in any way appropriate? Or not? Because you can be pissed, but don't direct it at the wrong people. If his tickets were counterfeit, why is he entitled to anything at all from the event staff after they've explained to him the situation he's gotten himself into?

And I agree with that last part there, even though it wasn't directed at me. But you have to be a decent human being to be treated like a decent human being. It sounds like he lashed out at someone who didn't have it coming.

studyguy

Dude might be a piece of shit, but stubhub reselling false tickets absolutely isn't unheard of. Stubhub also isn't some noname dealer either. They're fucking gigantic, but all the same they get bull tickets and just go lolwelp when they do. It's awful.

I'd be more willing to shit on stubhub than this jackass any day.

Alienous

I can see how that situation could be embarrassing enough to act out. Just walking home isn't a great option. Losing your shit is probably a worse one, though.

qcf x2

Sucks for him if he took a flight and it was his birthday and he was with a guest. That sucks for anybody. Really dumb that of all the things he can say (ie I'm a fucking billionaire, look it up, who wants to sell me their tickets?) he says he's a character on a reality TV program.... legitimacy denied.

Amory

Why couldn't a man that fucking rich find a legit source to purchase his tickets?

stubhub is awesome. I wouldn't care how much money I had, I'm still not going through ticketmaster

plus Hamilton is sold out for the foreseeable future. you have to buy tickets on the secondary market

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Dude may be an asshat, but I blame TicketMaster and the other major ticket selling companies; more and more recently any major event these days gets instantly sold out on TM due to scalpers/botters which forces people to go to secondhand places like StubHub for scalped tickets. This problem is becoming more and more widespread and AFIAK they really aren't doing much about it. They really need to crack down on this shit and tighten down how many tickets can be sold per card/person/address and add more captchas and try to stem this shit at the source. A few months ago I had a friend buying tickets for a rock concert and he was on TM waiting for the exact second they went on sale, he literally saw the button light up and tried to buy them and boom sold out. Mind you, while a fairly successful rock band this was not for like the biggest band in the world where you would expect an instant sell out. Then he goes on StubHub ten minutes later and there are hundreds of tickets at double the original selling price. It's fucking horseshit.

Yeah it is bullshit but no way to really stop it. Once the venues sell out they don't care anymore.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
He probably felt embarrassed and disappointed and frustrated that he got sold bullshit tickets and wasted his time and anticipation. It's a poor response to the situation but also a quite human one. We have all had reactions we feel stupid about afterwards.

Wow. It confuses me how some people with these attitudes can become billionaires. He could have handled that situation much better and possibly got in as well.

Maximus.

"Do you know who I am?"

Lol who gives a shit about some Silicon Valley investor.

All I know about this clown is from the podcast Startup.

The dumbest thing to say. It's not threatening and no one really cares who you are. Entitled people are ridiculous.

Honestly, I see where he's coming from. I think he had every right to be upset, considering it was his birthday, they had travelled from out of state, etc. And trying to see if there's anything that can be worked out with the manager is the right call.

... but not with that "Do you know who I am?" bullshit.

DOWN

Banned
He's a huge tool on Shark Tank and dresses horrible so I'm not surprised at the nature of his reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom