• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Binary Domain Demo Impressions (JP - Out Now, US/EU - Feb 15 2012)

Suzuki Yu

Demo Size: 1.2 GB for PSN / 1.0 GB for XBL

some info
The demo will allow players to sample a portion of campaign mode over two stages, one set in the Shibuya's Spain-zaka area in the lower city and one in the Shinjuku Station-like area of the upper city.

The demo will offer voice command support, where you give voice-based commands to your support characters. However, it will not support online play.

downloading...

EDIT :
Demo lands everywhere else on the 15th of February.

http://mkgaming.com/xbox360/news/binary-domain-demo-coming-soon/
thanks MonkeyKnuckle

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oh shit, downloading now.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm not seeing it either.

Aeana

I'm not seeing it

You have to search... in Japanese, for バイナリードメイン. I actually only had to search for バイ and then バイナリードメイン 体験版 came up.

So is this one of those where you have to have a Japan XBL account to get the demo if you live in America?

I believe I still have a Japan account but I totally forgot the process. Also doesnt it have to be a gold account?

Basically anyway for dumb Americans like me to get it now?

Aren't most XBL demo capable of being downloaded to a USB drive from the internet (provided someone rapidshares or the like) and played, as well? I recall doing that for some demo or other...

thetrin

You have to search... in Japanese, for バイナリードメイン. I actually only had to search for バイ and then バイナリードメイン 体験版 came up.

I searched and only saw videos. I'll check again.

my browser is just showing crazy numbers.

i'm trying to get this and am getting really, really stressed out. my blood is fucking boiling, i want this fucking game!

what characters do i have to enter? i literally do not have the character set installed and can't see shit

Aeana

my browser is just showing crazy numbers.

i'm trying to get this and am getting really, really stressed out. my blood is fucking boiling, i want this fucking game!

what characters do i have to enter? i literally do not have the character set installed and can't see shit

cU6CJ.png

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
thanks for the heads up

was about to head to bed

Corto

Did the search query as Aeana posted with バイ and it's the 26th entry of the search results.

Aeana

Did the search query as Aeana posted with バイ and it's the 26th entry of the search results.

I guess maybe I did search for バイナ after all, so I updated the image.

But apparently it's not necessary now that it's listed.

Corto

I guess maybe I did search for バイナ after all, so I updated the image.

But apparently it's not necessary now that it's listed.

Thanks for your help! I was browsing the entire store trying to find it before you helped us.

Qwomo

I can't download this, but I'm keeping a rabid eye on this thread. I desperately want this game to be good, but honestly from the trailers it looks like it can go either way.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
We need impressions, asap. It's really interesting if this will actually be a good game, or a super generic shooter.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I finished it! The shooting feels very solid. Nothing like Dead Souls.

The demo itself is a little...plain. Linear hallway type demo. The AI are very aggressive, thought that was cool. You're not totally safe in cover. Was surprised to see it rapidly degrading. Enemies have cool designs. Worked together as team. Liked giving squad commands. If you don't understand Japanese, you won't really enjoy the demo. It will feel very generic and hallwayish if you aren't following.

Game isn't a super looker and performance is overall inconsistent.

Corto

The demo itself is a little...plain. Linear hallway type demo. The AI are very aggressive, thought that was cool. You're not totally safe in cover. Was surprised to see it rapidly degrading. Enemies have cool designs. Worked together as team. Liked giving squad commands.

The commands need a PSEye on the PS3 or just a bluetooth headset will do?

Kaizer

Banned

The demo itself is a little...plain. Linear hallway type demo. The AI are very aggressive, thought that was cool. You're not totally safe in cover. Was surprised to see it rapidly degrading. Enemies have cool designs. Worked together as team. Liked giving squad commands.

Sounds good enough to me! In Nagoshi-san we trust.

Tain

I'm not seeing it at all, going alphabetically... Is it gold only? Also, is search gold only? It seems to be.

duckroll

The demo itself is a little...plain. Linear hallway type demo. The AI are very aggressive, thought that was cool. You're not totally safe in cover. Was surprised to see it rapidly degrading. Enemies have cool designs. Worked together as team. Liked giving squad commands. If you don't understand Japanese, you won't really enjoy the demo. It will feel very generic and hallwayish if you aren't following.

Tell us about the BOSSES!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The commands need a PSEye on the PS3 or just a bluetooth headset will do?

I just used my controller...

It supports PSEye?

Also, the boss is kinda vicious! It kept stomping on me :eek:. I was really surprised at the AI.

Bullza2o

Just to make sure: this is only for GOLD XBL Japanese accounts, correct?
If so, then I finally have some use for my free trial that MS sent me via e-mail today.

Corto

I just used my controller...

It supports PSEye?

Also, the boss is kinda vicious! It kept stomping on me :eek:. I was really surprised at the AI.

I was thinking of voice commands and meanwhile did a search and voice commands seem to be a Kinect exclusive feature. Thanks!

edit: actually I'm not sure anymore. Seems that PS3 supports indeed voice commands. Maybe I was confused by Mass Effect 3? I'm tired, I'll go to sleep and play this tomorrow.

Duffyside

Banned
I eagerly await the tears of despair in this thread upon realizing how much GAF has been over-hyping this game.

I also am eagerly awaiting the second possibility (far less likely) of my tears of happiness as I realize this game is actually great, despite all signs to the contrary.

Either way I win!

Aeana

I got my mic working with the game. It seems to recognize the phrases pretty well. It hasn't failed for me yet.

Corto

I eagerly await the tears of despair in this thread upon realizing how much GAF has been over-hyping this game.

I also am eagerly awaiting the second possibility (far less likely) of my tears of happiness as I realize this game is actually great, despite all signs to the contrary.

Either way I win!

I bet you're a selfish lover.

Aeana

I have to say, I thought it would be silly, but I actually like playing with voice commands on the mic. I'm curious to see if it's as good at recognizing in English as it is in Japanese, though.

Top Bottom