• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard 0 (Wii) out on 5/29

cvxfreak

Says a store pamphlet that has apparently only begun to be distributed. No word yet on the price of the port. Almost exactly one year after Biohazard 4: Wii Edition.

210zzpk.jpg

Thanks to Zomby on www.the-horror.com. Auction with original pic here.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So fall/late summer NA release? This better be $20 in NA...actually $5. There is no reason this shouldn't at least be a collection of all the Resident Evil games

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
grandjedi6 said:
So fall/late summer NA release? This better be $20 in NA...actually $5. There is no reason this shouldn't at least be a collection of all the Resident Evil games

Not coming out side of Japan apparently.

GhostSeed

grandjedi6 said:

It will probably be $29. :( Although in Japan it will be $45 if it's like RE4 port.

master15

I know Zero seems to catch a lot of hate around these parts but there's a lot to like about the game particular the first section in the train and latter near the dam.

master15 said:
I know Zero seems to catch a lot of hate around these parts but there's a lot to like about the game particular the first section in the train and latter near the dam.

It's not a bad game at all, just totally uninspired for an RE game.

I would like to reiterate that I am disgusted that this re-release is even happening. Use the RE4 engine and give us a new side story, Capcom.

master15

Night_Trekker said:
It's not a bad game at all, just totally uninspired for an RE game.

Totally understand. Even though Zero was only my second Resident Evil experience, coming fresh off completing the remake, Zero in parts certainly came up short and the tag-system along with dropping items wasn't as polished as you would expect in spots.

Still I had a lot of fun with the game but as others said, a simple straight port seems like a wasted opportunity.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Not even that, it's just traditional controls with Wiimote on its side AFAIK. Totally pointless.
Fuck that shit.

I thought at the very least, you could use the pointer to move around and attack.

The success of RE4 Wii was bewildering and frightening to Capcom and its shareholders. RE0 Wii will set things straight by selling 17 copies and proving what we already know: third party games can't sell on the Wii, so Capcom can forget about trying anymore in the future. Thanks Capcom!

grandjedi6

Night_Trekker said:
The success of RE4 Wii was bewildering and frightening to Capcom and its shareholders. RE0 Wii will set things straight by selling 17 copies and proving what we already know: third party games can't sell on the Wii, so Capcom can forget about trying anymore in the future. Thanks Capcom!

No, no, no. Zack and Wiki already proved 3rd party games don't sell on the Wii. Resident Evil Zero will be proving that M-rated games don't sell on the Wii. Then all Capcom has to do is release Wii love golf and they'll have proof that Sports games don't sell on Wii, and then Capcom will finally be all set.

Ashhong said:
what if they completely changed the controls to match RE4? shouldnt we love it?

I've never played this particular one, but don't RE4 and the rest of the series have the same basic controls? It's only the perspective that's changed.

grandjedi6

Mariah Carey said:
I've never played this particular one, but don't RE4 and the rest of the series have the same basic controls? It's only the perspective that's changed.

No. REsident Evil 4 was a complete rehaul essentially. To try and giving the older games RE4's control style would require remaking the entire game.

Lobster

Banned
Mr. Pointy said:
RE0 Wii to fund RE5's budget confirmed.

I think RE4 Wii and RE:UC already did that.

2 million sales + combined and we get this shit >.>

Atleast Capcom made up for it with WLG, Z&W and MH3 (fuck yes!) though. All is forgiven :D

grandjedi6 said:
No. REsident Evil 4 was a complete rehaul essentially. To try and giving the older games RE4's control style would require remaking the entire game.
You could have a 3rd-person Code Veronica without redoing the graphics since that game is all 3D. It wouldn't work with the others because of the pre-rendered backgrounds.

3rd-person Code Veronica with rebalanced enemies and weapons for PSP. Do it, Crapcom.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Lobster said:
I think RE4 Wii and RE:UC already did that.

2 million sales + combined and we get this shit >.>

Atleast Capcom made up for it with WLG, Z&W and MH3 (fuck yes!) though. All is forgiven :D

It's Capcom, how could you stay mad at them...

It will have taken them 5 minutes to make this - they're just hoping to cash in on the success of RE4: Wii Edition and Umbrella Chronicles. It's not as if it's taken significant time out of their schedules, thus completely preventing them from making the RE2: Wii Edition RE4-style remake we all want them to produce.

It's hardly the End Of Days some internetters are making it out to be.

Polari

Hero of Canton said:
It will have taken them 5 minutes to make this - they're just hoping to cash in on the success of RE4: Wii Edition and Umbrella Chronicles. It's not as if it's taken significant time out of their schedules, thus completely preventing them from making the RE2: Wii Edition RE4-style remake we all want them to produce.

It's hardly the End Of Days some internetters are making it out to be.

Seriously. They clearly had a team consisting solely of a janitor and an intern working on this and will take that into account when it comes to their expections of how it will perform.

grandjedi6 said:

Hmm, I'm going to have to look this up. I could have sworn you control RE4 by pressing left or right to turn, up to move forward, hold R to aim and A (or whatever button) to fire; which is exactly how you control the other Resident Evils.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Mr. Pointy said:
TOSE are probably working on the port. Which would make sense, since TOSE worked on the original.

w8 wat ? :lol

lordmrw

Mariah Carey said:
Hmm, I'm going to have to look this up. I could have sworn you control RE4 by pressing left or right to turn, up to move forward, hold R to aim and A (or whatever button) to fire; which is exactly how you control the other Resident Evils.

The tank style controls are the same, its just in RE4, the camera also turns with you. That's what makes all the difference.

lordmrw said:
The tank style controls are the same, its just in RE4, the camera also turns with you. That's what makes all the difference.

That's what I was trying to say! Everyone keeps talking about how they changed the controls, but really it's just the viewpoint.

Minsc

Gold Member
Given it was leaked they were expecting to sell 420,000 copies of RE4, and 600,000 copies of RE:UC, I do wonder what they are expecting to sell of this one. 50,000 would be around what I'd guess, so then I wonder, why even bother?

zoukka

Mariah Carey said:
That's what I was trying to say! Everyone keeps talking about how they changed the controls, but really it's just the viewpoint.

You can also aim, kick zombies, quick-knife and whatknot. RE4 and the older ones are only linked mythologically. They have nothing else in common.

Ashhong said:
what if they completely changed the controls to match RE4? shouldnt we love it?
The controls wouldn't change the horrible "buddy" system mechanic. It ruined the game. Well, that and the lame cast of enemies.

Top Bottom