• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioHazard 5 screens and video from Capcom DVD

sp0rsk said:
tay.jpg

+

tay-1.jpg
Dude, you read my mind!

I was literally going to make a post stating that he looks just like Tay Zonday. :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Aggelos said:
Thanks!
Its not in the video that MarkMacD uploaded.

So the media summit is April the 12th, if I am not mistaken?
It was on the 12th last year, not sure about this year.

duckroll

Shadow Moses said:
Game is racist. White guy assassinating black people.

Media is going to have a field day with this. :D

They had no problem with a white guy assassinating latinos, why would they have a problem with black people?

duckroll

cvxfreak said:
Unfortunately things aren't that simple, especially in the U.S.

I dunno about that. Latinos control the Clinton vote now. When Obama is sent back to the bronx, we'll see who matters more!

Mau ®

Looks fucking awesome. Cant wait!

Anyway the enemies die the same way because they havent updated the build with new animations. The game is way off, its not like they plan on having less animations than on RE4.

I wonder if there is a social system (ala Assasins Creed) at the beggining of the game?

cvxfreak

duckroll said:
I dunno about that. Latinos control the Clinton vote now. When Obama is sent back to the bronx, we'll see who matters more!

:lol

In all seriousness, while some may not realize it, blacks and white (and everyone else) are on different playing fields in terms of persecution complexes and such. If the media itself doesn't pick up on RE5's dominantly black enemies, then some group will make a fuss and then the media will report on that.

duckroll said:
They had no problem with a white guy assassinating latinos, why would they have a problem with black people?
RE4 had European (White) Spanish folk as enemies.

They were just voiced by Latinos...

so1337

Some of the animations are the same as in RE4? Who gives a shit?

And some of you are still complaining about tank controls? Jesus.

duckroll

cvxfreak said:

In all seriousness, while some may not realize it, blacks and white (and everyone else) are on different playing fields in terms of persecution complexes and such. If the media itself doesn't pick up on RE5's dominantly black enemies, then some group will make a fuss and then the media will report on that.

In all seriousness, i say we kill the hatians!

Yoboman

Shadow Moses said:
Game is racist. White guy assassinating black people.

Media is going to have a field day with this. :D
"Chris, you killed the zombie Africans!"
"...they were zombies?"

plagiarize said:
i'm well aware of all the attempts at making Resident Evil 4. if there's information out there that i haven't heard i'd be surprised. i've seen every video, every screenshot released to my knowledge.

the hook ghost version is completely different to the devil may cry version, and to me looked more like traditional Resident Evil than RE4. you had fixed camera angles. you had a traditional RE style environment with traditional RE puzzles and exploration. if anything i'd argue that as a midway between the game we got and the original games. they have the over the shoulder aiming yes, but i see more similarities to the old style games.

that to me just looked like a resident evil game toying with the same kind of supernatural elements we've seen in lots of other games. that wasn't a move towards something fresh, but a move towards Silent Hill and Fatal Frame.
Yeah we're talking about the same game. I don't mean Devil May Cry as in jumping around everywhere, but just in the style and feel of the environment. Everything was gothic and fancy. I know there are fancy mansions in other RE games but that one seemed like too much. Also, ghosts don't belong in an RE game. They may as well had given Leon a whip to go with it. And he was throwing garlic on the ground. That's not RE.

I'm glad they made RE4 the way it turned out. RE has always been based on a twisted reality. Ghosts are going a little too far. But I can't think of one thing that is drastically different from RE4 and the older RE games besides the over the shoulder camera, which is the biggest improvment the series could have ever made imo. Everything else fits into normal sequel feature upgrade category.

Dark Octave said:
Yeah we're talking about the same game. I don't mean Devil May Cry as in jumping around everywhere, but just in the style and feel of the environment. Everything was gothic and fancy. I know there are fancy mansions in other RE games but that one seemed like too much. Also, ghosts don't belong in an RE game. They may as well had given Leon a whip to go with it. And he was throwing garlic on the ground. That's not RE.

I'm glad they made RE4 the way it turned out. RE has always been based on a twisted reality. Ghosts are going a little too far. But I can't think of one thing that is drastically different from RE4 and the older RE games besides the over the shoulder camera, which is the biggest improvment the series could have ever made imo. Everything else fits into normal sequel feature upgrade category.
maybe you don't know this then, but Devil May Cry started out as an early attempt at Resident Evil 4. you can still find a bunch of concept art from when it was still a Resident Evil game. basically they decided the gameplay was too removed from Resident Evil for it to keep the name, so they severed all ties with the franchise and developed it into Devil May Cry.

that's why you calling it the 'Devil May Cry' version kind of threw me.

Yoboman said:
"Chris, you killed the zombie Africans!"
"...they were zombies?"

:lol :lol

this also reminds me of that Naked Gun quote..

"Tonight, he is being honoured for his 1000th drug-dealer killed."
"Thank you. But, in all honesty, the last three I backed over with my car. Luckily, they turned out to be drug-dealers. "

JDSN

Banned
What the fuck Gaf, this topic should be a celebration of awesomeness in its purest form and yet all it see are posts that belong to the youtube comments section.

Aggelos said:
Can't listen to everything that Takeuchi is saying, but this is what I can get:

We are making strong efforts to adjust various aspects of the game system. Half-year ago we showed Biohazard 5 to the public. The graphic quality was something that I'd call "a fundamental point". But presently we are on a dev-phase, in which we are making graphical close-up for every situation (?). In Biohazard 5 we have a wide-range of situations, we have emphasized on the lighting, we want the bright places to be seen very clearly. Truly, if we pay sufficient attention to that aspect, its hard to lack gameplay-wise. A characteristic of the Biohazard games is to stress on the "dark atmosphere", but on the other hand we must blend this with the "luminous atmosphere".
"The light and shadows" was an essential theme of the Biohazard series. Up until now the correlation between the story-events and the "light and shadows" theme was rather abstract. This time around in Biohazard 5, we would like to express an even further perception/sense of the reality, by joining the abstract sense and what you see (?). We would like create a game that stresses on "light & shadows".
When you stand in a bright place, the objects, which are in a dark place, are very hard to be seen. It's a matter of focal point. In dark places its hard to see either way.
"The things that are out there and you can't see" is an idea/philosophy that Biohazard games can fulfill very well, but other games struggle to do so. You can't see the enemies, you cant see the items, you are not able to see (you cannot tell apart visually what is happening around), that is what Biohazard is all about. We would like to materialize all these, and focus on how we can present even better the "fear of the dark" idea/concept. Like in the real world, where our eyes have a luminosity-adaptability when you enter from a bright place to a dark one, in Biohazard 5 correspondingly you cannot instantly see.
In Biohazard 4 we had many original weapons, however there was a demand from gamers, who played Biohazard 4, to have more real-life weapons. Thus, in Biohazard 5 we will try to do our best to fulfill such a request, as much as possible.

:D :D :D

Danielsan

The game looks absolutely stunning but I'm a bit worried that there won't be enough innovation on the gameplay front. The enemies act exactly like the ganados in RE4 and it kinda takes me out of the experience to see an enemy making silly axe swinging motions in the air while chris pumps his guts full with lead. Enemies need to be more aggressive I think.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
"demand from gamers for more real-life weapons?" that's sort of weird. who had problems with re4's weapons? are they just talking about branding and shit?

on the topic of re4 weapons, is there an actual shotgun like the striker? that thing was really sick. should i ever go nuts and retreat into the hills to form a mountain militia, that gun would be first on my "sick hillbilly artillery" list of things to grab from my neighbor's black market weapon sale he runs out of the back of his pickup truck.

StranGER

RJT said:
Please don't kill me, but I played a few hours of Resident Evil 4 Wii and was hugely disappointed.

I'm going to force myself to beat it, just to know if it gets better, but the movement restrictions really turned me off. Not being able to strafe? I mean, I have no problems with slow movement, but at least give me the option to make a step to the right when a fucking axe is coming at me!!!

I think it is probably because I'm a PC FPS player... The atmosphere and graphics were nice and all, but something was missing.

try the wii version, the aiming fun more then makes up for that restriction.

I think what was meant is that people wanted more weapons, not branded weapons per say, considering almost all the RE weapons have been based off of real firearms.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
beelzebozo said:
on the topic of re4 weapons, is there an actual shotgun like the striker? that thing was really sick. should i ever go nuts and retreat into the hills to form a mountain militia, that gun would be first on my "sick hillbilly artillery" list of things to grab from my neighbor's black market weapon sale he runs out of the back of his pickup truck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAO-12

800px-Protecta-shotgun-p1030163.jpg

takotchi

TreIII said:
Windows PC port, plz, Capcom. :D

I'd like a PC port too, but remember what happened the last time they tried that?

- It took forever and a day to be released.
- They used the shitty PS2 assets instead of the GC ones
- Zero mouse support

If they could actually do a decent job and have the game playable out of the box, sure. But the graphics quality should be *better* on the PC, not worse. It should also have full mouse support that works like the Wii Remote does on RE4 Wii Edition.

Please don't kill me, but I played a few hours of Resident Evil 4 Wii and was hugely disappointed.

I'm going to force myself to beat it, just to know if it gets better, but the movement restrictions really turned me off. Not being able to strafe? I mean, I have no problems with slow movement, but at least give me the option to make a step to the right when a fucking axe is coming at me!!!

I think it is probably because I'm a PC FPS player... The atmosphere and graphics were nice and all, but something was missing.

Strafing to avoid axes is for pussies.

Real men SHOOT THE AXES OUT OF THE AIR.

Kabuki Waq said:
pc versions never count in any of my posts. also i said unless that system blows up which should give you a hint.

After the crap Lost planet port i really dont trust capcom with ps3 ports.
Not a port, and it's also not an after-thought, RE5 has been planed as a multiplatform game from day one.

Kittonwy

Banned
Visually it looks great but I don't understand why they have to keep the RE4 tank-style control scheme, movement-wise it's so clunky, why not just detach the camera from the character movement while syncing the camera to the L1 aiming? Why even use walk? Just have jog and sprint if they really want this whole roadie-run thing Gears is doing. If they're going to speed up the village folks, the controls have to be quicker.

Blimblim, please give us a re-encode. The only thing worse than watching bad compression, is being reminded that gamevideos is still playing the refresh game with bad compression.

Aggelos

BloodyYank said:
Blimblim, please give us a re-encode. The only thing worse than watching bad compression, is being reminded that gamevideos is still playing the refresh game with bad compression.

And someone give us the whole video!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
mabuza said:
whats with the racist comments in this thread?

it's a simpsons reference. and a funny one.

and one i made nearly six months ago when the racist angle was discussed. but that's besides the point.

Yoboman

Screw strafing, this is how RE4 should make up for the lack of strafing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6OXmnk3-Dg

God Hand. Pushing forward on the analog lets you dodge and weave, analog left and right lets you side step and back lets you jump backward. It works brilliantly. I heard rumours they were doing it like this, hope it's true

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
yeah, god hand's dodge mechanic would work great. we've already seen in some video of re5, from what i can recall, chris ducking/weaving axes on occasion. that could be a toned down version of jean's backflips and what-not in god hand.

MarkMacD

The-Switcher said:
Complaining about RE5 being too much like RE4, is like complaining about two identical blowjobs.

What's with everyone presuming they know everything about the game already anyway? They haven't said shit about shit. Yet.

Top Bottom