• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioHazard 5 screens and video from Capcom DVD

Wii said:
They should have an anti-racist option in the menu

[ White character/black enemies ] Black character/white enemies
That's still racist, only giving the option for reversed racism. It should be

[White lead/White enemies] Black lead/Black enemies

They show things like this all the damn time in movies I don't see what the problem is. They need to back the hell off.

I'm black and I don't have an issue with it in the slightest.

Bildi

CriscoDisco said:
Chris looks a little too big if you ask me...especially his arms. Really though, I think it was a design decision that ties in with what looks like a new inventory system. It appears as though every weapon in his inventory is strapped to his back. The designers probably had to make his back that huge to compensate for every combination of weapon he can pick up.

Maybe it's the bourbon talking, but I think I'm onto something here.
I'm being dead serious here - this makes a lot of sense. :lol

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
CowboyAstronaut said:
They show things like this all the damn time in movies I don't see what the problem is. They need to back the hell off.

I'm black and I don't have an issue with it in the slightest.
As a lesbian, I find it racist.:lol
I think its more xenophobic than racist. I think xenophobia is not very offensive to anyone. RE4 was too.

Ganondorfo

Replace Leon with chris and replace the ganados with angry black djimon donshou (actor from the island, gladiator, never back down) lookalikes, and you have resident evil 5.

I can already imagine what the boss fights will be like. A big gorilla, a black wesker, a little gary coleman kinda villain like that spanish salazar, just kidding:D

Phife Dawg said:
That's still racist, only giving the option for reversed racism. It should be

[White lead/White enemies] Black lead/Black enemies

and obviously, you should be able to switch the main character as well.

Chris' alternate version is Carl Weathers

Staccat0 said:
As a lesbian, I find it racist.:lol
I think its more xenophobic than racist. I think xenophobia is not very offensive to anyone. RE4 was too.

is Resident Evil 2 xenophobic as well? zomg, an american killing americans!

Anasui Kishibe said:
and obviously, you should be able to switch the main character as well.

Chris' alternate version is Carl Weathers

is Resident Evil 2 xenophobic as well? zomg, an american killing americans!

Black zombies or ganado getting killed by Chris, can't be racist, because they're minds have deteriorated so much, I'm sure they would have no concept of race or racism anymore. And I don't think Christ can't just pick and choose his battles. If group A of ganados is rushing towards him, and they're all white, and group B is coming up from behind him, and they're all black, I don't think he would think, "Well, I better shoot these black dudes, cuz they have glocks...I guess?"

Banned
f@luS said:
anyway cant wait to play the PS3 version with the best controller, and since RE is an ambiance game, cant be bothered by the system noise, so PS3 for me

How did you get the 360 controller to work with your PS3?

Truant

Truant said:
Hey,

I'm a douche and I plan to justify my bias against black people by pointing fingers at this game because it's much worse and obvious than the day to day racist thoughts I keep to myself and my suburban friends.

Pretty much.

bumpkin

The-Switcher said:
If group A of ganados is rushing towards him, and they're all white, and group B is coming up from behind him, and they're all black, I don't think he would think, "Well, I better shoot these black dudes, cuz they have glocks...I guess?"
Win! :lol

Yoboman

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
Very few games do this. I wouldn't expect to see it in the final version, even.

I agree that Chris looks too big, they should really consider changing that. He looks like a wrestler.

Also, this racism thing is ridiculous. The first three Resident Evil games had you killing strictly white zombies, so why make a fuss now?
Many games now-a-days show visual indications of where you've shot an enemy e.g. Bioshock, Metal Gear games, Killzone 2 etc. I could think of more if you need. A game like RE5 in particular it fits well considering the loose fabric clothing they wear

Deepblue

Banned
The Wispy Scoundrel said:
I can't say I ever noticed it in Bioshock, I think the only game I've ever seen it in is Far Cry. I agree that it is a cool effect though, I'm just saying don't get your hopes up.
Rainbow Six has this as well.

Top Bottom