• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles Scans - Ada Wong's Scenario

cvxfreak

Ada Wong survives RE2 and attempts to escape Raccoon City with the G-Virus in hand.
(No, the rest of RE2 minus
4th Survivor
are not in the game.)

sowmjq.jpg
hv4dmx.jpg

http://i21.tinypic.com/652u5v.jpg
http://i22.tinypic.com/wth8ck.jpg

DIrtyWeasel said:
Why are some of the in-game scenes in 3rd person.

Quick-time events - all the scenarios feature them. When attacked, or when a certain event is triggered, you switch out of first-person to third-person for a brief QTE.

Darkpen

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Ada Wong survives RE2 and attempts to escape Raccoon City with the G-Virus in hand.
(No, the rest of RE2 minus
4th Survivor
are not in the game.)
What?

Hold on, what? I didn't play RE2, so I was looking forward to playing through UC as a straightforward remixing of the RE games, but what? Please clarify your statement.
cvxfreak said:
I just noticed - did Ada remove her pants between RE2 and UC? :lol
Apparently yes; she tore her skirt on the side for maximum movement and probably removed her pants for the wounds.

cvxfreak

Darkpen said:
What?

Hold on, what? I didn't play RE2, so I was looking forward to playing through UC as a straightforward remixing of the RE games, but what? Please clarify your statement.

Only one aspect of RE2 is featured in UC.
That is the 4th Survivor minigame featuring Hunk.
No Leon and Claire in REUC.

UC covers RE0, RE(make), RE3 and a few new scenarios. RE2 and RECVX are not featured in it.

Darkpen

Banned
cvxfreak said:

UC covers RE0, RE(make), RE3 and a few new scenarios. RE2 and RECVX are not featured in it.
D:

D:

D:

I am both at a loss for words and absolutely pissed off.

Nemesis_

Sally Cahill better be voicing Ada or there will be blood on the streets and heads will roll.

Oh why am I even thinking that'll be the case =(

cvxfreak said:

and RE 4? (see ganados/village on the 2nd scan)

edit: hm, seems to be a RE4-screenshot due to the life bar...

Nemesis_

:Motorbass said:
and RE 4? (see ganados/village on the 2nd scan)

edit: hm, seems to be a RE4-screenshot due to the life bar...
Famitsu always include pictures from previous games to "remind" readers where this character has been from. I noticed they did it with Chris and Jill when they first revealed Umbrella Chronicles, and also a few shots of RE Zero when they showed off the RE Zero chapter.

M3wThr33

Banned
cvxfreak said:

But, since half of RE3 takes place before RE2, right, that this UC is sort of like REmix Vol. 1, right?

Lobster

Banned
Ada also
turned hot

I hope it makes some things harder because of her damaged hands like make the reticule kind of jittery. It would add a lot of immersion.

Nemesis_

Lobster said:
Ada also
turned hot

I hope it makes some things harder because of her damaged hands like make the reticule kind of jittery. It would add a lot of immersion.
She's too awesome for that. =P

But yeah she did turn rather hot. It's almost as if they retconned everything BUT her name.

JDSN

Banned
I bet she is all confused about why Wesker put her the bandages directly on her wounds instead of putting them over her clothing:

resevil2_screen002.jpg

Attack You said:
Ada cosplays a good Eileen.
Heeeenryyyyytoooooownsheeeeend.

DIrtyWeasel said:
Why are some of the in-game scenes in 3rd person.
The only suspicious one is Ada shooting birds on the second page. But that's probably just another QTE.

cvxfreak said:
Sexual encounter with Wesker confirmed! Fanboys going rampant.
Lazy, lazy Capcom. Just reusing her model from The Mercenaries. Tsk, tsk... The only way to get out of that misery is a remake of BIOHAZARD 2. Ya hear me?

Darkpen said:
D:

D:

D:

I am both at a loss for words and absolutely pissed off.
Welcome to six months ago? You seem to have avoided news on this game like a plague because that was known for quite a long time.

Well, well. I'm still impressed that they went for the extra bit of scenarios.
I'm hoping for many, many new cutscenes that will contradict given information!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Hmm...are they finally going to come out to explain how the hell she is still alive? I use to think the rumor was, that Wesker injected her with something.

all jokes aside, the game just gets better and better. now we know the events of RE2 will be detailed even if they aren't actually played out in the game... the number of scenarios is piling up... i'm starting to believe we've got a ten hour plus long game.

cvxfreak

plagiarize said:
all jokes aside, the game just gets better and better. now we know the events of RE2 will be detailed even if they aren't actually played out in the game... the number of scenarios is piling up... i'm starting to believe we've got a ten hour plus long game.

Actually the review from the same issue mentions a completion time of up to 20 hours.

cvxfreak said:
Actually the review from the same issue mentions a completion time of up to 20 hours.
i'm starting to believe it... i did this in an earlier thread but i'll update it here.

Billy and Becky play through Resident Evil 0 (seemingly covering every area)
Becky and Blondey locks arrive at the Spencer Mansion and meet yawn
Chris and Jill play through Resident Evil (seemingly covering every area)
Wesker escapes the labs through to the Mansion and confronts Lisa Trevor
Jill tries to make her last escape, meets Nemesis, meets Carlos (potentially split in two for the obvious reason)
Mr Death escapes from the Raccoon City labs, through the sewers out through the RPD.
Ada Wong escapes from the Raccoon City labs, seemingly through the streets of Raccoon City.
Potential second Carlos and Jill scenario.
Chris and Jill go to snowland to close down umbrella for good.
Wesker having an adventure in the same location (seems apparent from the Wesker trailer).

really looks to be piling up... and based on the reports that the Jill and Chris part up to fighting yawn took about twenty minutes, this is going to be absolutely EPIC for a lightgun game.

Saitou

Banned
The only suspicious one is Ada shooting birds on the second page. But that's probably just another QTE.
Uh, she's shooting her grappling hook, which she acquired from her future self after having to travel back in time to prevent the death of Leon from another timeline.

Or something.

But seriously, it's a grappling hook, look at the comparison pic on the left from her scenario in RE4.

D-X

Nemesis556 said:
Sally Cahill better be voicing Ada or there will be blood on the streets and heads will roll.

Oh why am I even thinking that'll be the case =(

Well Capcom couldn't even round up the original VAs for any of the other scenarios...

Zeed

Banned
cvxfreak, is this "Death's Door"? Is there any way to tell?

And the part where it shows her advancing on some dead old guy, what is that?

Saitou said:
Uh, she's shooting her grappling hook, which she acquired from her future self after having to travel back in time to prevent the death of Leon from another timeline.

Or something.

But seriously, it's a grappling hook, look at the comparison pic on the left from her scenario in RE4.
No, no. I meant the one above the RE4 screenshot. She's clearly shooting with her gun in 3rd person there (as she holds the grapple gun with just one hand).
And that picture is most likely a QTE.

But you're right about the timetravel thing.

Zeed

Banned
I like how she has the same counter move that she uses in RE4. Somersault FTW.

About the grappling hook - there's no reason to believe she wasn't hiding it in RE2 and used it to save herself when she fell. I definitely think they're going with the falling scenario because her shoulder is bandaged where she got shot.

Saitou

Banned
Prime Blue said:
No, no. I meant the one above the RE4 screenshot. She's clearly shooting with her gun in 3rd person there (as she holds the grapple gun with just one hand).
And that picture is most likely a QTE.

But you're right about the timetravel thing.
Maybe a cutscene?

Also, I just noticed she has the Beretta 93r. Maybe she nicked it from Claire?

@Zeed: The 'fall' scenario is the canon one, even though the other one was a lot better. It's a bit hard to make RE4 sound plausible when Ada died in Leon's arms.

Fady K

While Im still really pissed about the exclusion of RE2 and CVX, this is still THE Wii game for me this year (sorry Mario :( ) .

Saitou said:
@Zeed: The 'fall' scenario is the canon one, even though the other one was a lot better. It's a bit hard to make RE4 sound plausible when Ada died in Leon's arms.
Actually, it's not hard to make their encounter in Spain plausible. The "Leon A/Claire B" scenario makes it a lot harder.

- In Leon B, Ada gets thrown at the power supply by the T-103 and gets her stomach scar that is also shown in her epilogue file in BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE. That's also a part of her body that is bandaged in UC.

- In Leon B, Leon meets Ada because she throws the rocket launcher. He even asks "Ada? Is that you?" which implies he thinks she is still alive after that encounter. In Claire B, Leon really assumes Ada is dead and says his final goodbye in the train. That would have rendered him very surprised when he meets her again in biohazard4. And the possibility that Claire told him "Hey, some random woman I don't know gave me a rocket launcher so that I could defeat that Tyrant" and he put two and two together is rather slim.

Also, Ada gets shot in her right shoulder, not the left one that is bandaged in UC.

Holy crap that is awesome, fans dream come true. Well I guess we will finally see what happend after Ada "died", also what was the official scenario for RE2. Funny about the clothes.

Does anyone have an idea who the gray haired guy in the chair is?

Saitou

Banned
Mayhap they are changing the canon yet again?

All for the better if you ask me.

All that needs to happen now is confirm that Sherry is in RE5 and the prophecy will be complete.

So gray haired dude is in a hotel room, I guess the Apple Inn Hotel from outbreak. Ada gets the G-virus in a hotel, look at the background. So does she get it from that guy. Is that hunk?

so1337

cvxfreak said:
As far as I can tell those are not pants but stockings. And she still wears em. Look at the artwork on the first page, there seem to be some sort of holes on her left leg.

edit: No idea where she got those high heels from though. :lol

Top Bottom