• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biomutant review embargo ends 24th May, releases 25th May

That DOF during fight is ridiculous! They blurred everything behind the enemy! 🤮

Would be better to have an option to turn this shit off!
I think it looks amazing, extremely appealing :messenger_hushed: - nevertheless, I agree with you. There should always be an option to turn if off for anyone who doesn't like it.

Miles708

I really like the gameplay, but something's off with the audio. The sound effects sound plastered on the image, I honestly think that the weird audio the reason why the gameplay looks rough.

On the other hand, I really like the idea of the narrator.

Labadal

There's level scaling. Such a shame. Not "cancel my pre-order" shame, but a shame nonetheless.

We also have too many Biomutant trophies.

LMJ

Waiting patiently to see if you can upgrade the PS4 version to a PS5/Bone to XseX, that will decide if I bite or wait for a next gen version

The Simpsons Waiting GIF

GymWolf

As the soy boys ruined the other thread:

Actually looks a LOT better than I expected.

I watched some parts...jesus how does this guy have all these fans?! He is fucking terrible at videogames, infuriating to watch...he choose a melee class and play (bad) with guns...

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I wonder how much they paid to have one of the biggest Youtube personalities in the world to play their game a week early.

Krizalidx11

Banned
I wonder how much they paid to have one of the biggest Youtube personalities in the world to play their game a week early.

They sent it to a lot of people, i know someone in Dubai who plays it now and he doesn't have a YT channel, he's on a gaming site

thief183

I watched some parts...jesus how does this guy have all these fans?! He is fucking terrible at videogames, infuriating to watch...he choose a melee class and play (bad) with guns...

Well, he don't really play games anymore apart from the streams, and actually he never seriusely said he is good at them ^^

Most of the time his content is completely different. (I'm talking about the fans)

Daymos

This game is a must buy! ..but for PC in about a year. I can't logically buy it at launch for full price, there have been countless examples of new studios/franchises that need massive patching before they are playable. It's also published by THQ nordic, I'm finally playing their Kingdoms of Amalur refresh right now, it took about a year for them to fix the bugs in that one.. and hell that was just a port.

It looks like a great concept though.

Last edited:

GymWolf

PC looks good but the console footage looks terrible.
Kinda, yeah.

The combat seems super fast paced and 30 unstable frames are far from optimal.

But the devs on reddit said that all the footage is an old build and the new one is much better, don't know if i believe them but at least there is a little hope for console players.

Last edited:
Kinda, yeah.

The combat seems super fast paced and 30 unstable frames are far from optimal.

But the devs on reddit said that all the footage is an old build and the new one is much better, don't know if i believe them but at least there is a little hope for console players.
Is a next gen version coming? Or at least a BC mode with 60 fps?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
LOL people already doing pre-emptive damage control, telling us exactly why those snooty reviewers will give it poor scores.

GodofWhimsy

Wishing it performs well, looks promising. I don't really care too much for the opinions of most "professional gaming critics". As long as it's sub 70, I'll say the developers should feel they did good. I'll be waiting for the youtubers who's tastes align with mine most closely to post their thoughts.

Remember guys, the lack of hype always deducts a few points from the total scores. Journalist's love to cater.

This is going to be a sleeper hit IMO. It won't take off at first but word of mouth will get around about it. It just reeks of a game that gamers will enjoy more than reviewers.

Top Bottom