• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bionic Commando 2D Remake: Preview and Vid

SPEA

Features:
-If you get this version, it'll unlock the Nathan "Rad" Spencer classic player skin for the next-gen version.
-It's called "Bionic Commando: Rearmed"
-Offline Co-Op Only :(
-New Moves
-New Guns
-XBLA/PSN/PC
-Just watch the vid.

Video
HD Video (Thanks Blim)

Preview

Here are some screens. There are more HERE:

bionic-commando-2d-2008011706360866.jpg

bionic-commando-2d-2008011706361034.jpg

bionic-commando-2d-2008011706362387.jpg

Looks hot.

However, I finally played Ninja Five-O recently and it shits all over Bionic Commando AND Shinobi. Going back to BC was atrocious.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Wat

6xaf1qv.jpg

Ah, the storyline. The original NES iteration of Bionic Commando had, in its original Japanese guise, a cast of futuristic Nazis standing between the hero and the final boss, an 8-bit effigy of Adolf Hitler. For its Western localization, more explicit references to the Third Reich were removed, with the Nazis referred to as Badds, and Hitler acquiring the nom de guerre of Master D.

It's these latter cast of rogues that's set to make a return: "Since Bionic Commando Rearmed is an homage to the original, it will closely follow the story of the original," says Judd, "Imperials? Yes. Master D. Ohhh yes.
:(

Das-J

Law of the West
I'm saddened that the Nazi stuff didn't make it over but I don't feel its THAT important. I will probably buy this over the 3D version.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
GitarooMan said:
Incredibly cool, looks like they are basing it on the NES version which is great.
IGN Preview said:
Bionic Commando Rearmed looks set to take its cues from the NES version of the title, Simon Viklund noting that, "The arcade version may have been the first, but there's no doubt that the NES version is the one that deserves to be revisited." The home version of Bionic Commando refined gameplay, introducing a more flexible Bionic Arm that allowed for more acrobatic play. As Judd recalls, "The NES version is the one that is the most different from the rest, and it is also regarded by many to be the best. The NES version also had a more unified and understandable set of enemies and a memorable story line."
Yup, that appears to be the case. :D

Is 2008 the return of classics with remakes?
Anyways, hope there's an option to play original as well as the HD Version. Looks good though.

Online?

KevinCow

Banned
The best thing about this is that it lets you unlock a different player skin so you don't have to play as shitty stupid dreadlock douche.

KTallguy

Banned
Nazis not making it was duhhh obvious.
Looks like Team Fortress 2 style art.
Does it have Multi?
I'll jump on it if it's good.

edit: Shit video looks hawt! 2p coop! Online? Unlocking skinz for the US version is a VERY smart marketing move. Wow, go Capcom.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
WATCH THE VIDEO.

Yes there are nice screens in the OP, but WATCH IT.

HOLY HOLY HOLY HELL!!

Freaking COOP too!?!?

*skitzes out*

sphinx

the piano man
KevinCow said:
The best thing about this is that it lets you unlock a different player skin so you don't have to play as shitty stupid dreadlock douche.

wait, I am little confused.

you say that if I get BC:Re, i will be able to unlock and play as the original Joe in the big Bionic Commando game instead of that lame ass, "I-am-so-badass" guy with dreadlocks?

that would be nice.

LiveWire

SPEA said:
Features:
-If you get this version, it'll unlock the Nathan "Rad" Spencer classic player skin for the next-gen version.

!!! :O :O

This game is what I always wanted! Dreams really do come true! *sobs great tears of joy and awesomeness*

Edit: just watched the video, OMFG I want NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

Tieno

Oh crap. I loved Bionic Commando back in its day. The grapple hook was so cool and neat when I was a little kid. Graphics and animation are very good for this one.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Blimblim said:
The lighting in these screens really reminds me of LBP's somehow, and that's a *very* good thing :)

And the DOF effect going on on the background. ;)

Top Bottom