• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bionic Commando (360/PS3) Dated for May 19 (PR)

bryehn

PC version to follow "soon"

Capcom i s pleased to confirm that the highly-anticipated Bionic Commando will ship to retailers in North America on Tuesday, May 19, 2009 for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Reloaded for the latest generation of hardware, Bionic Commando sees the return of the ultimate fusion of man and machine as Nathan Spencer is back as a government operative who, after distinguishing himself in a fierce conflict against the Imperials, is betrayed and falsely imprisoned by the very people he unquestioningly served. However, when bio terrorists detonate an experimental device over Ascension City and then occupy it, there is only one option open to the authorities – reactivate Nathan Spencer. The upcoming new generation game, first released 20 years ago with the 8-bit original on the NES, is making a big comeback when it hits retail shelves this spring as it features an in-depth multiplayer mode that will have you swinging with friends around the globe via Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network.

The PC version of Bionic Commando is due to ship shortly after the console release. More details surrounding the PC version will be following in the upcoming months.

Here's a new trailer

bc03.jpg

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20090325_76298.html

Xater

_dementia said:
Why was there such a large gap between BCR and this? Should BCR have been a marketing tool for this game?

It just took them longer? I rather have a this game all polished up than early.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Holy shit, hype went all the way up to the moon :D. Looking really good and the swinging mechanic looks awesome

JdFoX187

Banned
AgentOtaku said:
huh? ...didn't know about the comic
Yeah, the Chain of Command digital comic that's been updated weekly is being printed and will be given as a preorder bonus for anyone who preorders from the Capcom store.

vg260

This was on my day-one must-buy list, but I'm none too pleased with Capcom lately because of their recent DLC shenanigans. So it's now on my rent or wait-and-see list.

Concept17

Was looking good before. Looking even better now. Would love to see how multiplayer has progressed since the last time we saw it.

EXGN

I'm still bewildered why it seems like no one cares about this game. Game looks phenom. Kinda sucks it was delayed so long, but still gonna be one of the best games released this summer.

Narcosis

EXGN said:
I'm still bewildered why it seems like no one cares about this game. Game looks phenom. Kinda sucks it was delayed so long, but still gonna be one of the best games released this summer.

There's alot of stuff that's come out recently that's keeping people occupied. This game will likely get more attention closer to release once everyone's had their fill of the whole HotD/RE5/SFIV/KZ2/Mad World/Halo Wars release blitz in recent weeks.

jrricky

Banned
Arpharmd B said:
I hope this game does good, just because it's Capcom. But I have a big feeling it's going to bomb, and bomb hard.
If it doesnt impress me, then it should, sad to say...bring on the demo Capcom to declare its fate.

jrricky said:
If it doesnt impress me, then it should, sad to say...bring on the demo Capcom to declare its fate.

I was weary of it since day 1. It looks like they threw a ton of money at a non-franchise that they somehow think is a franchise worth dumping money into. We saw the exact same thing with Golden Axe Beast Rider.

And, well, we all know how that turned out.

I also never thought it looked good, the art direction and style is a major turn off, how it plays remains to be seen, but I have very low expectations (so the game would have to really, really suck to not meet them).

Timber

Every time I see a new video for this game my hype level goes up. It just looks extremely fun to play. If it turns out to be as good as I think it will I hope it'll be a surprise hit.

also,
Legjend said:
mike patton ftw

mm04

Looks good. After listening to the guys from GRIN on the Giant Bombcast, it makes me want to support this game. Those guys are hilarious.

Very rarely do I "day 1" games but this will be one of them. I love BC and I would buy this game even if it sucked but I really think it will be fun to play regardless of any other shortcomings it might have.

Top Bottom