• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock 2 Multiplayer Debut Trailer

DarkKyo

I like how chaotic it is. That's probably how it was when Rapture was falling. Shit flying everywhere...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
The singleplayer better as good as it was the first time around, I have no time or interest in yet another online shooter.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
At least they're justifying the multiplayer in the context of the game's universe.

And you can play as a Big Daddy? That's so unfair :lol (Must be one of those Everyone vs 1 modes)

Sean

Banned
That looks like a giant clusterfuck, simply looks way too chaotic (and probably unbalanced).

Is anyone actually interested in Bioshock multiplayer anyway? Seems like a waste of time and resources to me.

Mik2121

For a second there I thought I was watching a Fallout 3 video..

And yeah, I can't see myself playing that :/ Even less with other cames like MW2 coming soon.

vocab

grandjedi6 said:
And you can play as a Big Daddy? That's so unfair :lol (Must be one of those Everyone vs 1 modes)

Sounds like Man with the Golden Gun, but instead of using the Golden Gun, you are Big Daddy, and you are pretty indestructible.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Every time I see something new about this game it is exactly the opposite of where I would have liked to see the series go.

Robot 492

Banned
Sean said:
Is anyone actually interested in Bioshock multiplayer anyway? Seems like a waste of time and resources to me.
I'd rather have that money/time go into expanding the SP campaign, but oh well...

h3ro

9995f39298c4c73cc661f181d315685c.jpg

Blueblur1

Like I said in another thread, that trailer isn't doing Bioshock 2 any favors. So far it looks like a janky ass clusterfuck of a mode. Do not want.

Sean said:
That looks like a giant clusterfuck, simply looks way too chaotic (and probably unbalanced).

Exactly. People try and justify it by saying that 2k Marin is not doing the MP, but i must ask: where is the money coming from then?

It looks very much like Bioshock 1(on PC), is anyone else bothered by the horrid animations that the first game has always suffered from?

Bioshock is a game where if you are going to do a MP mode, it kinda needs to be a different kind of multiplayer mode where you do some interesting objective based unique game play styles.

None of that comes across in the video if that is indeed in the multiplayer. It just sort of looks like a mess unfortunately. And the editing didn't help this particular video.

But honestly who is buying Bioshock for the mp. It's pretty much a good to great single player game which is what most of the audience will buy it for anyway.

Games don't need to have MP. They could have just stuck with a SP experience.

I know MP games are all the rage right now but just adding some random MP mode doesn't add to sales. It needs to be good to actually have an effect.

There are plenty of SP only games which sell well i don't know why they tried to add this.

Hesemonni

Banned
Vustadumas said:
Hmmm, not feeling it. Not sure Bioshock needs MP, but maybe that's just me.
It's not just you. Can't understand why MP has to be shoehorned into a game that clearly doesn't need one.

Hmmm, dem be some bad character animations... cluster f*ck indeed. Mostly I think the maps were just too small, too many characters not enough space.

Hesemonni said:
It's not just you. Can't understand why MP has to be shoehorned into a game that clearly doesn't need one.

If done well it increases the selling life of a game. Obviosuly however that video isn't a particuarly strong inducement for it in this game. If you can't do it right or don't really have the right ideas to make it useful in your franchise then that's where you are probably better off not doing it.

As always I reserve real judgment until I play it, but that's not the video to entice a lot of people to try the mp obviously.

Puck

Banned
Looks like ass.

Seriously, the SP better be as epic as the first, there is no way i am going to play that MP.

iceatcs

hmm, I hope it is late plan addition from delay cos it shouldn't affect the resource/level design on the SP.

[edit] maybe pc version cos first one is faster speed than consoles.

C4Lukins

It looked fine to me. Nothing all that original, but unreal/quake type multiplayer in the Bioshock universe with all the cool bioshock abilities. Just about any fast paced multiplayer fps looks like a clusterfuck unless you know exactly what is going on.

iceatcs said:
hmm, I hope it is late plan addition from delay cos it shouldn't affect the resource/level design on the SP.

It's two separate teams from what I understand. I doubt the multiplayer has influenced the single player in this title very much.

That looks very unpolished. I hope the singleplayer doesn't have to suffer from the time they took to make this...

Ah, who am I kidding, it probably will.

TemplaerDude said:
this game really shouldn't be made.

100% AGREE!.

Not the same original developers, plus they are wasting their time on a multiplayer mode that no one would play, and it's not like Bioshock demanded a sequel, the first one was a surprise hit and nothing more, an unnecessary forced sequel.

Tiktaalik

A several players vs a Big Daddy mode would be cool, but the straight up death match I could imagine being forgettable.

C4Lukins said:
It looked fine to me. Nothing all that original, but unreal/quake type multiplayer in the Bioshock universe with all the cool bioshock abilities. Just about any fast paced multiplayer fps looks like a clusterfuck unless you know exactly what is going on.

For a game that is a bit inventive relative to the rest of the first person genre that video seems very much like an uninventive multiplayer shooter. I actually agree that it does remind me of quake or unreal in smallish environments but from a selling perspective I would also argue Quake/Unreal has never really been an especially popular type of format on the consoles.

Blueblur1

If the developers and publisher are reading, how about no more terribly edited trailers? Also, I hope y'all are working hard to differentiate the mode because you're gonna have a helluva time getting people interested and keeping them coming back for more if it's just deathmatch and juggernaut-like gametypes (from Halo). Bioshock 2 MP looks derivative and cobbled together at the moment.

Top Bottom