• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Collection boxart leaked

https://youtu.be/VdNhwb7iuI4

Sums up my thoughts on the game very well. When I beat the game I felt very annoyed and searching for others opinions I found Mathew was on the same page as me. The game is flawed in everyway. Most notably to me is the random ghost story in the middle.

He also says he enjoyed the game overall, he just didn't agree with the endless amounts of praise and hype it was receiving, which is fair.

That's a great cover and amazing package

That's how you do a remaster, not one or two games but every game that released last gen for a franchise

I have a nice memory of bioshock 2s multiplayer the first few weeks, was pretty fun and a nice change

I'm in

Logash

That cover art is so beautiful T-T. I know this isn't exactly a popular opinion but I loved Bioshock Infinite more than the original. To be fair though, the ending of the original was spoiled for me before I got to play the game. Hope Bioshock 2 is included in the collection. Never got a chance to play it.

TI82

Banned
He also says he enjoyed the game overall, he just didn't agree with the endless amounts of praise and hype it was receiving, which is fair.

Mathew is a bit nicer than I am when criticising. The game in my opinion not only doesn't live up to the predecessors but actually drags their value down.

Cruxist

I hope the multiplayer for 2 is intact. I know it wasn't super popular, but damn was it fun. I got to a pretty high level back in the day, but I never did get all the achievements.

Altairre

I enjoyed the hell out of my first Infinite playthrough. Second time it didn't hold up quite as well but I switched up my playstyle and had more fun with the combat. Still a good to great game overall. As far as the other two games go I'm one of those people who likes the second Bioshock more than the first one but again, I got a lot of enjoyment out of both. Will definitely get this down the line just to own them in a neat package. Hell of a cover too.

As someone who no longer buys physical copies of games unless I have too, the cover doesn't matter to me.

I want to know if there are any improvements on the PC? I assume that at least the original Bioshock will get steam achievements and other improvements to be more like a modern game.

TI82

Banned
I enjoyed the hell out of my first Infinite playthrough. Second time it didn't hold up quite as well but I switched up my playstyle and had more fun with the combat. Still a good to great game overall. As far as the other two games go I'm one of those people who likes the second Bioshock more than the first one but again, I got a lot of enjoyment out of both. Will definitely get this down the line just to own them in a neat package. Hell of a cover too.

I agree with you, Bioshock 2 had much better gameplay. Bioshock 1s storyline was always pseudo-good, not actually good in my opinion so when 2 kind of dropped the act of being this philosophical journey I enjoyed it a lot more.

Manu

Of course they're releasing this now that I've finally started playing them after having them in my backlog for years.

I did play Infinite when it was in PS+ though.

I like the concept of that cover art but the execution is bad. I know that the sky is blue and all but they really should add some bright yellow here and there to at least resemble the art direction of Infinite. Nothing about that reminds me of Columbia.

I agree with you, Bioshock 2 had much better gameplay. Bioshock 1s storyline was always pseudo-good, not actually good in my opinion so when 2 kind of dropped the act of being this philosophical journey I enjoyed it a lot more.

Yup. While I've gotta give major props to the first game for actually introducing us to the setting, I preferred the less 'grandiose' story it (Bioshock 2) told much, much more.

TI82

Banned
I like the concept of that cover art but the execution is bad. I know that the sky is blue and all but they really should add some bright yellow here and there to at least resemble the art direction of Infinite. Nothing about that reminds me of Columbia.

Yup. While I've gotta give major props to the first game for actually introducing us to the setting, I preferred the less 'grandiose' story it told much, much more.

The interesting setting and dialog tapes are what I liked. Columbia in particular was a kind of dull place to explore imo

Kazuhira

Never played 2 and i remember getting stuck in 1 because of a serious glitch(something about an item not appearing inside a wall safe) and never finished it.
I've completed infinite and the DLCs multiple times so i don't feel like playing it again.
Are there any improvements in this collection? like better textures or something like that.

Yarbskoo

Are there any changes for the PC versions? Like new textures or maybe bug fixes?

I'd consider getting it if so, but if they're the same as the ones I can download from Steam right now, then I'll pass.

deoee

3UTdCK9.jpg

http://www.gamerating.org.tw/search_product.php?id=a22c0238589078fb10b606ab62015744

PC/PS4/XBO

Thanks lifelower
image.php

Wow, love that cover.

Are there any changes for the PC versions? Like new textures or maybe bug fixes?

I'd consider getting it if so, but if they're the same as the ones I can download from Steam right now, then I'll pass.

Same, already own them all and replayed the entire trilogy in 2014. One of my favorite trilogies in gaming.

eXistor

I came in expecting the original boxarts divided up in three. Pleasantly surprised. I still have all 3 so there is no point in buying this, but maybe I'll replay the best Bioshock (2) someday, I never did play Minerva's Den.

1080p/60fps on PS4 and I'm in like Flynn. Get it? In like Flynn?

On topic: Cover is awesome.

I knew this collection was coming as it had been leaked before but I'm still hyper for this. A chance to go back to Rapture... Andrew Ryan, Atlas, Steinman, Tenenbaum, Sander Cohen, my god Sander Cohen.

Yes my body is ready.

Sweet. I never got to play Infinite so I'll probably pick this up if only just for that and to have the rest running a bit better.

That cover is amazing.

Fantastic games all 3, I finished them all so won't take the plunge but nice to bring them out so more people have access.

H3xum

A great cover to fit those games

Day 0.

I wish there was a date. I hope it's not fall, it can't be that far away, right?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I want that cover as a poster on my wall.

Yukinari

Ah yes the Bioshock 1+2 collection with bonus game Infinite included.

Its very thoughtful of them to add a cheap fun little game to play after youre busy completing two games with a lot of depth and thought required. A relaxing game if you will.

Luke_Wal

Played Infinite and absolutely loved it. That being said, I tried several times late in the PS3 life cycle to try Bioshock 1 and wasn't able to get in to what was so clearly a bad version of the game. I hope that if this comes to, I can finally get into the first game, play through Minerva's Den, and the Infinite DLC.

AMAZING cover art. I replayed Bioshock a couple months ago and didn't get more than a few hours in. The setting is astonishing, but the game itself is not so great.

1 and 2? Nah, not really.

Now Infinite on the other hand...
But what about the flying helicopters?

Me too, the Infinite hate on GAF is ridiculous. It makes me question if the people hating on it have played actual bad games.
Considering how well it sold and how readily available it is (it was free earlier this year, or like $1), I'm pretty sure most people hating on it have played it.

Top Bottom