• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Collection boxart leaked

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
So now "repetitive combat sequences in the final third" and "somewhat disjointed secondary thematic elements" equates to "complete shit"? Infinite is the least of the three, IMO, but I could name literally hundreds of games I've played that were worse.

So are they patching PC or reworking it into a Definitive Edition ala Darksiders II?

or is it just a bundle of the old titles and aren't doing jack on the PC side other than cash grabbing?

So now "repetitive combat sequences in the final third" and "somewhat disjointed secondary thematic elements" equates to "complete shit"? Infinite is the least of the three, IMO, but I could name literally hundreds of games I've played that were worse.
I mean yeah, I guess that sounds ridiculous when you only list two of the many bad things in a bad game.

Good music, visuals, and art design though!

It's gaming side, hyperbole reigns supreme. Don't take it seriously.

I never do.

If infinite is a bad game I'd be interested to see what other games you've played. There are far worse. Maybe it's not a great game but it's far from being a bad game.

Holy shit I would legit buy this just for the cover. Amazing art.

Put me in the camp that thoroughly enjoys all three games. Never understood the intense hatred some have for Infinite. It has some flaws (as does each game in the series) but to call it "trash"? You crazy.

This is one of my holy trinity of most wanted remasters. Now I just need the Mass Effect trilogy and Red Dead Redemption (bundled with GTAIV, maybe?).

Yukinari

If infinite is a bad game I'd be interested to see what other games you've played. There are far worse. Maybe it's not a great game but it's far from being a bad game.

If the praise its getting is for everything except its gameplay then yeah its pretty mediocre all things considered.

Even that is praising it too much. Elizabeth is not some amazing character everyone thinks she is.

It was only repetitive in the final third? And the combat being repetitive was the only bad thing about it?

And there was something else to the gameplay beyond combat?

purg3

slept with Malkin
I need that in poster form so it can go with the Masquerade Ball BS1 poster I have.

Also, I'm pretty excited to play through these again, it's been a long time.

FloatOn

Ranking time!

1) Bioshock 2 - Everything that was great about the first one but expanded brilliantly with both lore and gameplay
2) Bioshock - Laid the framework for the franchise. Great storytelling that is completed with part 2. Good gameplay but not as versatile as what is found in part 2.
3) Bioshock Infinite - Tremendous story. Probably my favorite of the three but the gameplay was MASSIVELY simplified this time around. Only being able to carry two weapons at a time was so lame. Auto-potions were also so weak.

that said, this is my second favorite franchise behind the Souls series. Well worth playing or re-playing for the narrative alone.

cormack12

Gold Member
Fantastic artwork that. Out of all the open worlds, crafted cities etc. I can safely say that Infinite had one of the most enjoyable and immersive worlds to wander round in. Just really well done. I'll probably buy this.

I remember starting either I or II - can't remember. I remember bobbing down in a pod or something then a voice coming through the loudspeakers directing me. Ended up in some weird station looking place and enemies started chasing me that looked like they were from 'Batman Returns'. For some reason I put it down and haven't been back to it ever. So kind of looking forward to playing through them in order.

I could make a semblance of what had happened in Infinite but obviously was hard to piece some things together missing the previous games. So yeah, kind of excited to experience the full story in order.

Anung

Un Rama
Never got to play Minerva's Den but obviously I've heard how good it is from everyone. Hopefully that'll be included.

Neil_J_UK

I actually own all 3 on PC, but I've only played Infinite (which is one of my favourite SP games.)

I kinda had Bioshock 1 spoiled for me, but I do wanna play it. I'd consider re-buying if there are graphical upgrades on PC.

dreamfall

Definitely need that Bioshock 2 DLC on that disc! Please tell me it's the full collection. I never played the Infinite episodes from the Season Pass, so that'll be nice to revisit. Is it going to be 60fps?

amardilo

Was hoping this would come out. I hope it includes all 3 games plus all the DLC.

Just hope they make some improvements to the console versions like a resolution bump to 1080p and 60fps (although I'm not sure if the consoles can do both).

Also would entice me to get it if they do a promo like you buy this version and get the 360 versions by backwards compatibility too.

El-Suave

I never got around to playing Infinite - I would be so happy to get this, it's one of the last remasters I can think of that I'd want.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think since it's a collection, it will include the DLC.

Plus Minerva's Den and Burial At Sea are actually both super good expansions on BioShock 2 & Infinite, respectfully. In many ways surpass the original game's they stem from. If making a BioShock collection, they NEED to be included.

I don't have any hatred for Infinite, it was an alright game, it just wasn't a great BIOSHOCK game...for whatever that's worth. Plus we got Burial at Sea out of it which was pretty ace.

Bioshock 1--> Minerva's Den --> Bioshock 2 --> Burial at Sea --> Bioshock Infinite

I think since it's a collection, it will include the DLC.

Plus Minerva's Den and Burial At Sea are actually both super good expansions on BioShock 2 & Infinite, respectfully. In many ways surpass the original game's they stem from. If making a BioShock collection, they NEED to be included.

Minerva's Den is the only reason to even own BS2.

Such a good expansion.

Great box art. Between this and XCOM 2 it is seeming like 2K know what they are doing when it comes to striking box art.

xcom2.jpg

Very stoked on this, love all the games and the DLC.

This has been rumored and priced etc for over a year through, hope this means it's finally coming.

1080p, 60fps with enhanced audio (no more awful sound compression... the whole trilogy is burdened with it), some graphical improvements and some
heavy
gameplay tweaks to Infinite and this would be a pretty great collection.

Even still, I'd probably only want to replay 1, 2 and MD, but it'd be a nice pickup if the tweaks are worth it.

If the praise its getting is for everything except its gameplay then yeah its pretty mediocre all things considered.

Even that is praising it too much. Elizabeth is not some amazing character everyone thinks she is.
And nothing about the story of the game or the world it takes place in makes any sense or has any consistency.

Which you know, would be completely fine if the game wasn't so obsessed with showing us how artful and profound it is. It's like if a hack film student made a video game.

"Constants and variables, Booker." Barf.

breakfuss

I've never played 1 or 2, but Infinite was absolutely brilliant. My 2013 GOTY. The introduction alone is just something I've rarely experienced in a game. Loved it, flaws and all. Fuck the haters. I'll be picking this up day 1.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
One of my favorite parts of BioShock Infinite was exploring its world. I almost never see it mentioned, but BioShock Infinite was a long game for me. I spent over 25 hours before I beat it, and took my time looking around and exploring. While the game might be a linear shooter, there's a lot of areas off the beaten path, lots of misc things to do, things to interact with, completely optional areas to explore, hidden little scenes. Literally in every location in the game there are several completely optional areas to explore, that are often completely worth exploring.

I thought Infinite had an absolutely memorizing world, and I remember it fondly I think because I took the time to explore it. I just never see anyone mention what a fun place the world is to explore for those who are into that, I feel it was Infinite's strongest element. Combine that with some great audio design, voice acting, narrative & writing, plus some exhilarating and memorable moments and scenes, and I liked it quite a bit. I do agree with the combat complaints, and that the last third of the game feels bogged down with it, but I also think the problem is overstated. There's nothing particularly bad about the combat, it's just the weakest link of the game and only slightly above average, which I think contrasts with the rest of the game which is in great territory. The problem then comes that they focus a bit too much on their weakest link, but the hyperbole to completely shit on the game I just don't agree with. I understand some may not like it, but I found it a very engaging game I enjoyed over its course, and found it a joy to explore it.

strafer

One of my favorite parts of BioShock Infinite was exploring its world. I almost never see it mentioned, but BioShock Infinite was a long game for me. I spent over 25 hours before I beat it, and took my time looking around and exploring. While the game might be a linear shooter, there's a lot of areas off the beaten path, lots of misc things to do, things to interact with, completely optional areas to explore, hidden little scenes. Literally in every location in the game there are several completely optional areas to explore, that are often completely worth exploring.

I thought Infinite had an absolutely memorizing world, and I remember it fondly I think because I took the time to explore it. I just never see anyone mention what a fun place the world is to explore for those who are into that, I feel it was Infinite's strongest element. Combine that with some great audio design, voice acting, narrative & writing, plus some exhilarating and memorable moments and scenes, and I liked it quite a bit. I do agree with the combat complaints, and that the last third of the game feels bogged down with it, but I also think the problem is overstated. There's nothing particularly bad about the combat, it's just the weakest link of the game and only slightly above average, which I think contrasts with the rest of the game which is in great territory. The problem then comes that they focus a bit too much on their weakest link, but the hyperbole to completely shit on the game I just don't agree with. I understand some may not like it, but I found it a very engaging game I enjoyed over its course, and found it a joy to explore it.

Yep. When you reached Columbia and just saw the people. Amazing.

E92 M3

I liked Rapture and the associated time period 10x more lol. Infinite was a good game, but just the atmosphere and story didn't do it for me like the other games.

Andrew Ryan was an amazing character.

Top Bottom