• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite DLC: Clash in the Clouds (Horde) & Burial At Sea (Rapture) revealed

Nemesis_

How the fuck am I meant to take down five enemies with a single Devil's Kiss? Seems near impossible, and it's such a pain in the ass to play through twelve waves just to get back to retry it :(

How the fuck am I meant to take down five enemies with a single Devil's Kiss? Seems near impossible, and it's such a pain in the ass to play through twelve waves just to get back to retry it :(

I went through 14 waves of that map, only to have the game freeze up on me. Because they decided not to implement autosave either I lost everything I'd spent the last hour building up. Not happy.

Lima

Well that is the gear you should have equipped. Just make sure that they die by one Devil's Kiss and just throw it. Don't hold down LT because it will become a trap and that doesn't count.

Nemesis_

Well that is the gear you should have equipped. Just make sure that they die by one Devil's Kiss and just throw it. Don't hold down LT because it will become a trap and that doesn't count.

Charged up, softened them up, threw one Devil's Kiss without a charge.

Wiped out six of the enemies. No blue ribbon unlocked :(

Nemesis_

Well I got it! Thank you so much for that strategy Lima, it is such a clever way to do it - they're already bunched in such a small area it seems fool proof.

I had to remove all my gear (incuding Storm) but it worked for me. Charged up, circled around shooting randomly, and then threw a Devil's Kiss in the middle. Worked a treat.

Now just five or so more to go across Raven's Dome and Emporia :(

Gorillaz

This horde mode dlc ain't that bad. Its a little rough around the edges.

Raven Dome is my favorite location seems to be the best for sky fights.

I finally finished CitC by getting all the ribbons, it was a fun distraction.

I think I'm ranked like 27th for the world wide score.

The waves that gave me the most trouble were D&D wave 13, and both the decoy ones on Ravens dome and Emporia.

And the Easter egg after finishing all the stages was pretty cool.

Nemesis_

I'm attempting my final run now - Emporia Arcade.

Anyone got tips for Waves 7, 11, 13 or 14?

For reference: -

7.) Defeat two enemies with the fireman's suicide explosion

11.) Defeat all enemies while they are distracted by a Booker tear decoy [Two Handymen]

13.) Defeat enemies with the same weapons that they are wielding

14.) Defeat the handyman with a Motorized patriot tear

Altazor

I need "Burial at Sea" rite nao. I'm really hyped about it, a detective story based on Rapture before the fall? Sounds amazing.

Here is how I did it, weaken all of the enemies using a pistol or machine gun, then use undertow on a fireman and two enemies BUT DO NOT USE IT YET. Damage the fireman until he is about to explode I.e has that flame icon above him, then when you here the beeping use the undertow. The enemies will be grouped together and you should get it when the fireman blows up.

11.) Defeat all enemies while they are distracted by a Booker tear decoy [Two Handymen]

Wittle down their health till you can barely see the red health bar! Then activate a decoy, however, here is a handy tip that helped me, when they turn towards the decoy quickly use the krow vigor to distract for much longer! Kill them, I used the hail fire, as it's pretty powerful.

Firstly, equip the shotgun and machine gun, equip the gear that gives you salts for kills, second slot I think. Anyway, liberally use return to sender to protect yourself, and use the mosquito and machine gun turret via a tear, it won't fail the challenge. And it will take care of the pistol/weaker enemies. If you need weapons like the pistol/revolver, they're on the first boat on the floor.

14.) Defeat the handyman with a Motorized patriot R

wittle down the handy man using krows and hail fire and machine gun, till barely red then bring in a patriot tear on one of the boats and lead the handyman to him!

Hope that helps!

Lima

14.) Defeat the handyman with a Motorized patriot tear

7.) Make good use of undertow. Run around the map and try to get both a soldier and a fireman with the undertow pull by holding down LT. Weaken the fireman. Put crows or shock jockey on them so they don't move. You either get two with one explosion if you are lucky or you look for another fireman and regular enemy. You don't need to kill two enemies with a single fireman explosion.

11.)
Weaken both Handymen until they have almost no health left. Now you could run around the map until one Handyman kills the other with friendly fire to make it easier. Now use the decoy tear and wait for the handyman to approach it. Put crows on him before he gets there to destroy it. Now shoot him.

13.)
Buy a door before starting. Bring the shotgun and the machine gun. Make good use of Return to Sender blue shield by just clicking LT. Always have it up. Kill the shotgun dudes that rush you. Leave the pistol ladies alone. Wait till the other ships come in. Once you killed all shotgun dudes, die. Now once you are in the revival room don't exit the door. Wait there. The enemies with pistols will drop from the ships and die. Go out if the enemy number stays the same and kill the last guys with the machine gun.

14.)
Real easy. Just use Undertow pull and fire at his heart until he has almost no health left and bring in the patriot tear on the ship.

zethren

Banned
Really looking forward to Buried at Sea. Not so much interested in the horde mode but I have the season pass so I might as well try it.

Jonm1010

Banned
A bit disappointed the DLC is set in Rapture.

Was hoping the see more unique areas in Columbia like the Ferris Wheel and other locations you see from a distance in the game.

I am a bit too.

As much as I loved rapture, I've already had two games and solid DLC set in rapture.

Is there any plans for any DLC beyond what's been mentioned?

I would of loved a less action orientated alt universe exploration of Columbia with a unique self-contained story that allows me to visit areas that you didn't get a chance too in the main game.

Montresor

Naw but unless you have a life saved up your score resets

So if you fail the blue ribbon why do they make you re-try from Wave 1 before you can earn the blue ribbon again? :lol Hopefully they patch in the ability to re-try a blue ribbon challenge over and over. Surely there is no logical reason for that punishment...

Nemesis_

Lima and Elzar, thanks heaps! Your advice was invaluable and thankfully I got all the Blue Ribbons tonight! I'm very pleased :3 Very excited to get into the story based DLC later on in the year.

Zt8m3Dol.jpg

Thanks again! Really appreciated :3

Gorillaz

So if you fail the blue ribbon why do they make you re-try from Wave 1 before you can earn the blue ribbon again? :lol Hopefully they patch in the ability to re-try a blue ribbon challenge over and over. Surely there is no logical reason for that punishment...
You don't have to retry from wave 1 if you fail a blue ribbon lol hoe did that happen to you?

Lima and Elzar, thanks heaps! Your advice was invaluable and thankfully I got all the Blue Ribbons tonight! I'm very pleased :3 Very excited to get into the story based DLC later on in the year.

http://i.imgur.com/Zt8m3Dol.jpg[IMG]

Thanks again! Really appreciated :3[/QUOTE]

Awesome.

Montresor

You don't have to retry from wave 1 if you fail a blue ribbon lol hoe did that happen to you?

Sorry I'm just going off my own assumptions - I haven't played the DLC yet.

After failing a blue ribbon challenge, you would still be permitted to continue playing until you beat every wave, correct? But I thought that if you failed a blue ribbon challenge, you would be locked out of earning that challenge until you retried from Wave 1.

Nemesis_

You get one chance to complete the Blue Ribbon challenge. This means if you fuck up the requirements or die then you can respawn (forfeiting your leaderboard ranking) and automatically fail your Blue Ribbon challenge.

Future waves work fine - you can still go for the Blue Ribbon challenge.

You can mitigate the death problem by purchasing a one-time resurrection for $500 (which increases) but even then, if you die more than once you still fail the challenge.

So basically, get it on your first life. If not, you can continue and gather future Ribbon challenges, but must repeat the waves prior to it on a fresh run if you fuck it up.

I hope I explained that properly. >_>

Faaip

Neo Member
Im really excited about "Burial at Sea". I hope they add a little bit more reward for exploring than they did for Infinite, especially if this is a detective story. I would like there to be some places where exploration is necessary instead of being strung along while the story unfolds.

Montresor

You get one chance to complete the Blue Ribbon challenge. This means if you fuck up the requirements or die then you can respawn (forfeiting your leaderboard ranking) and automatically fail your Blue Ribbon challenge.

Future waves work fine - you can still go for the Blue Ribbon challenge.

You can mitigate the death problem by purchasing a one-time resurrection for $500 (which increases) but even then, if you die more than once you still fail the challenge.

So basically, get it on your first life. If not, you can continue and gather future Ribbon challenges, but must repeat the waves prior to it on a fresh run if you fuck it up.

I hope I explained that properly. >_>

Alright, I think I understand, and I think what you described is also exactly what I wrote in my previous post. So I think we're all on the same page. =)

It seems like it's an unnecessary and useless punishment, being forced to restart from Wave 1 to have another shot at a specific wave's blue ribbon.

Gorillaz

Sorry I'm just going off my own assumptions - I haven't played the DLC yet.

After failing a blue ribbon challenge, you would still be permitted to continue playing until you beat every wave, correct? But I thought that if you failed a blue ribbon challenge, you would be locked out of earning that challenge until you retried from Wave 1.
1.) I meant how not hoe* in my last post sry bout that lol
2.)yea my bad you can't redo that ribbon until you start over again

Lima

That is not true though. Once you go back to the arena through the resurrection door you can just turn around and buy another one for the same wave. You could even buy a third but then you would have used all doors for just one wave.

Marjar

Banned
Yeah I gotta say, as a person who loved Bioshock Infinite's combat, Clash in the Clouds just isn't that fun. I think it's how the levels are design or something, but I'm just not a fan of it. At least the little unlockable things in the museum are cool.

Can't wait for Burial at Sea though.

More details:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-08-bioshock-infinite-dev-talks-burial-at-sea-dlc

"Liz in Rapture is very much a continuation of the Liz that we saw in Infinite," BioShock Infinite level designer Amanda Jeffrey said. "This is not some brand new, 'we have no idea who this person is'."

"At the end of the first part of Burial at Sea, Elizabeth goes into another sort of realisation and, to put you then in her shoes, we thought was gonna be something very powerful," Levine explained. "She is very much Elizabeth, but also has a character. She's affected. She's definitely changed by what she's done. I will say certainly you are picking up after the events of Infinite, and this is a person who has seen all the things you've seen in Infinite, and that's had an effect on her."

More in the link.

Damn, so it's the same Liz.

That means that
after the events of Infinite she entered a universe were Booker is still alive. Then what they said initially about them not knowing each other isn't true, it's only Booker who doesn't know Liz. I guess this makes sense, going to a universe where her father still exists would be the first thing she'd do.

Some very interesting details regarding gameplay in that interview, I hope they nail it, playing as Liz should indeed be completely different.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/0...ial-at-sea-recreating-rapture-video-interview

An IGN interview on Rapture and how the re-imagining of it in Infinite.

And about the ending and its context in the DLC:
It's really hard to imagine the same Booker and Elizabeth existing after the ending. It must mean that some alternate reality, she doesn't get rid of Booker but perhaps just so happens to allow him to live since they can't really stop ALL Comstocks. I guess it's understandable too since there's multiple realities and there's always a different thing in each one of them.

Top Bottom