• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite DLC: Clash in the Clouds (Horde) & Burial At Sea (Rapture) revealed

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So both the story packs are going to be 1200 MSP each while the horde mode costs 400 points. Which equals to 2800 MSP.

The season pass, which includes all tree of these packs, is only 1600 MSP, right? If that's the case I don't see why people who only wanted story DLC to be pissed off at the season pass including a horde mode, since they'd still have a 1200 MSP discount, or a 800 point discount if you don't include the 400 MSP of the horde pack.

Tl;dr: Two story DLC's = 2400 MSP (1200 each), season pass is only 1600 MSP, so the season pass is profitable in every possible way you look at it. Even if you don't want the horde mode.

edit: I read on Polygon that both Burial at Sea episodes will be priced at $15 each. Now Kotaku states that they will both net you a total of $20. Does anyone know what the actual price is going to be?

Still 800*2 = 1600, so that means the Clash in the Clouds DLC is still *free* if you buy the season pass.

Sure, except for the fact that all three individual DLC and the season pass will go on sale later on, so your math only applies to people who need to compare the 2400 MSP they would have paid for full price story DLC to the 1600 MSP they have to pay for full price season pass. If someone bought the season pass but was disappointed in all three DLC announced and is now regretting buying them for $20 versus waiting and picking up the two story DLC for $5 each--well, hopefully they learn their lesson and don't fall for a season pass again next time.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Didn't care for Bioshock 1, liked the
Songbird death
but I have ZERO interest in any story back in rapture.

REALLY glad I didn't buy the season pass and am selling my copy of the game now despite loving my play through.

Oh well.

IGN:

a two-part episodic story that will make up the remaining two pieces of DLC for Season Pass holders or will be available for $14.99 each for everyone else.

This means that the total price of the dlc is 35$. Damn, if this is true the season pass saves you 15$...

brandnew

I'm pleased with this. I bought the season pass, so I'll be playing Clash in the Clouds despite not being very interested in any kind of horde mode whatsoever. But new voxophones might be cool? Irrational was stuck between a rock and a hard place in regards to the dlc and it looks like they wanted anything but releasing something that looked like it was cut from the original game, hence no Columbia/Songbird related stuff.

Burial at Sea looks to be worth the price of the season pass (but who knows how it will actually turn out). I also don't mind waiting since I had my fill of Infinite when it was released.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
So.... I think I need to buy the Season Pass. Not sure if I want to wait for sales for Burial at Sea.

Clash in the Clouds: $5
Burial at Sea Episode 1: $14.99
Burial at Sea Episode 2: $14.99

Season pass: $19.99 ($13,21 here in Brazil).

Curufinwe

If someone bought the season pass but was disappointed in all three DLC announced and is now regretting buying them for $20 versus waiting and picking up the two story DLC for $5 each--well, hopefully they learn their lesson and don't fall for a season pass again next time.

They'll be waiting a while for that to happen.... possibly all the way until 2015.

Sullichin

Does GMG have a 20% off code today?
I don't mind picking up the season pass now that I know what it is. Clash in the Clouds is slightly disappointing, but I did love Infinite's gameplay and I'm sure I will really enjoy this. I wonder if there's new vigors, but I'm not going to hold my breath (I didn't read the OP too closely if that was already mentioned).

-GJ-

Sure, except for the fact that all three individual DLC and the season pass will go on sale later on, so your math only applies to people who need to compare the 2400 MSP they would have paid for full price story DLC to the 1600 MSP they have to pay for full price season pass. If someone bought the season pass but was disappointed in all three DLC announced and is now regretting buying them for $20 versus waiting and picking up the two story DLC for $5 each--well, hopefully they learn their lesson and don't fall for a season pass again next time.

This is true, but season passes pretty much only apply to people who want to play the DLC as soon as possible, preferably on day 1, so they wouldn't wait for the sale anyway. No matter how you look at it, the horde DLC will be free for season pass buyers/day one buyers no matter what. So there's no reason not to get the season pass, really, unless you don't want a free piece of DLC.

edit: Just to be clear: I'm talking about people who buy the season pass in advance. Not the ones who buy it after all the DLC has been released.

Odrion

Banned
What? I don't recall this. When does it happen in the game?

Also,
I'M A BIG GIRL NOW DADDY! I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT!!
The DLC trailer, not Infinite

Anyways Buried At Sea is a better idea than anything else people had for Colombia. As long as it stays as nice Rapture for the majority of the experience.

So.... I think I need to buy the Season Pass. Not sure if I want to wait for sales for Burial at Sea.

Clash in the Clouds: $5
Burial at Sea Episode 1: $14.99
Burial at Sea Episode 2: $14.99

Season pass: $19.99 ($13,21 here in Brazil).

Yeah, I want to pay BaS as soon as it hits, if those prices are true than it's a substantial saving, might as well pick it up now and play some CitC.

Replicant

I wish they hadn't made Elizabeth......what they made her at the end of the story. It's kind of awkward seeing her playing the role of a Femme Fatale to Booker's Shoegum Detective in this DLC after knowing what I know.

Burial at Sea looks interesting but I'm wondering if it's better if I just wait for the Game of the Year edition.

Zaph

So effectively, the Season Pass is 1 large (?) story DLC split into two? I know far more work has probably gone into it compared to, say, a Borderlands 2 DLC (which are outsourced AFAIK and of varying quality), but that's still slightly disappointing.

The cost of part 1 and 2 together is basically expansion pack price, so I really hope Burial at Sea is as fantastic as the trailer looks.

But still, probably wait for both parts to be out and get them on sale.

Repeating what pretty much everyone is saying here. First DLC sounds like a complete waste of time. Really don't care for the combat.

The other ones sound fantastic though. I can't wait to play them. They really should have just focused on that aspect and threw away this Clash in the Clouds idea altogether.

I just finished replaying Bioshock 1 for the first time since it was released and seeing Rapture pre-fall in that trailer was incredible, it just hit me how different it is, this will be really fascinating.

-GJ-

So can we get a title change because having Rapture in it is kind of a mega fucking spoiler. Jesus Christ.

It's a standalone story that takes place in a completely different universe. Not really that big of a spoiler. Only a spoiler for the people who haven't played the game yet, but they probably wouldn't really be interested in the game, or post-game DLC anyway, or people who did complete the game, but they already know how it ends so not really a spoiler.

gdt

So can we get a title change because having Rapture in it is kind of a mega fucking spoiler. Jesus Christ.

There is no way someone who is a fan or interested in this game won't get spoiled as to the location. They are using that to sell the DLC. Its in the press release and the interviews and will probably be listed in the description on the game.

gdt

It's a standalone story that takes place in a completely different universe. Not really that big of a spoiler. Only a spoiler for the people who haven't finished the game yet, but they probably wouldn't really be interested in the game, or post-game DLC anyway.

Does it take place in a different universe? Even if it does Elizabeth can cross over and we know Rapture and Columbia are connected.

So much for getting any further story relating to Columbia.

This looks like a cool Halloween special type deal but when it comes to pre-fall Rapture I thought the environments in the first two games told enough story there to keep me happy. Not overly impressed I guess!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Wave-based arena game...

isn't that exactly what BI proper is?

Okay, so I'm playing Clash in the Clouds and it's actually pretty fun.

Its set up is really polished, the hub level in which you interact and progress.

The challenges make for some great and varied combat.

I really loved the combat in Infinite so I'm looking forwards to a horde mode in skyline riddled arenas and Burial could end up being amazing given we get to see Rapture pre-crisis. However I'm a little disappointed because I was fully expecting to get 3 story forcused DLCs based in Columbia and it kind of feels like we're only getting 1 piece of story DLC set in rapture. Still I'll reserve my judgement until I've played it all.

-GJ-

Does it take place in a different universe? Even if it does Elizabeth can cross over and we know Rapture and Columbia are connected.

They look like they are very comfortable in the world their in in the trailer, and they also seem to not know each other very well (not in the same, intimate way as they did in Infinite), so there's no way they are the same Booker and Liz from the main story.

I really loved the combat in Infinite so I'm looking forwards to a horde mode in skyline riddled arenas and Burial could end up being amazing given we get to see Rapture pre-crisis. However I'm a little disappointed because I was fully expecting to get 3 story forcused DLCs based in Columbia and it kind of feels like we're only getting 1 piece of story DLC set in rapture. Still I'll reserve my judgement until I've played it all.

It still might have tie-ins with the original game, though. If I recall correctly from one of the voxophones
the Lucete's took the plasmid technology out of the 'Rapture-universe'
. I'm really curious to see what Irrational came up with here.

I am definitely in for Burial at Sea. Glad I didn't buy the season pass if the only savings is $5. Combat is not what I want more of in Bioshock Infinite.

Burial at Sea sounds awesome, that's the exact kind of DLC I was hoping for.

Even Clash in the Clouds sounds cool. Generally not a fan of "challenge mode" DLC but it seems like they took the combat and just did whatever crazy stuff they could think of.

No thanks to the Clash in the Clouds. The gameplay isn't near tight or satisfying enough to warrant a Horde Mode.

Burial at Sea is a must though

dmr87

Combat was the worst part of Bioshock Infinite, and they give me horde mode, no thanks.

Burial At Sea on the other hand, yes please.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
You're also not taking into account the context of the baptism and how Booker's past affected his branching futures. Once he 'found religion' in some realities maybe he just became a nice pastor in some small town, but that's not what concerned Elizabeth and Booker since in some realities he became Comstock and used the scientist lady to create these tears. They had to stop that reality from happening and did so the best way they could.

That makes sense to a degree, but the story seemed to indicate that after that moment, there was no redemption after his "redemption", I think Elizabeth seems to say as much. It seems like if there was a nice Father Comstock, they wouldn't have to drown him at that moment. I get the symbolism and it certainly has an impact, but I don't know how well it holds up to closer scrutiny. Its like someone at Irrational joked about what this game's Come to Jesus moment would be and someone else decided to take it literal. When you compare it to Elizabeth's reveal, which I though was well done in context" its a bit weak.

Depsite that, I really liked BI, except for the neverending wave of mooks battle.

is it on steam yet?

I'm not sure, got it via the season pass store on XBL. Sorry.

I didn't realise that whist wave base, you don't wait for the wave to come to you. The wave is there, when you re-enter the level, and you dispatch them anyway you please.

The more creative you are, the better the loot.

JudgeB

Banned
I love the fact that this will be set in Rapture, because personally, I found Rapture to be much more interesting than Columbia.

foxtrot3d

Banned
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!

Seriously, everyone is complaining about the DLC and wham Ken doesnt disappoint announcing two episodes of a massive story driven DLC that takes place in RAPTURE! Now, do you understand why it took so long?

Only sexual themes naughty boy!

neuebitmap00u10.png

Hey all I'm saying is what happens in Rapture stays in Rapture

Raitaro

I can't be the only one disappointed by the fact that this is set on Rapture, right?
I mean, it's cool that we'll get to see the city before it fell, but it's a DLC for Infinite, and I want more Columbia...

No, I'm 100% agreeing with you on this.

While certainly cool (and possibly even great), returning to Rapture for the DLC feels like the team is admitting that Columbia is not as good a setting as Rapture was and that the only way they feel people will be happy is if they return to it. Heck, they should have switched it around then and have the combat DLC take place in Rapture instead
for instance by expanding the part of the main game where Booker and Elizabeth are in Rapture
. The idea of having Booker fight Big Daddies and Splicers but with his Columbia weapons and powers sounds cool to me at least.

Despite Levine saying that they have listened to the fans, I would also have appreciated it if they had listened more closely to the ones stating that they want to play the Demo content that was cut from the full game. Oh well, the chance of making something that makes every fan happy is nigh impossible anyway, so let's wait and see how this will turn out.

Top Bottom