• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite DLC: Clash in the Clouds (Horde) & Burial At Sea (Rapture) revealed

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Reposting this in here.

So does this detective story mean that
there was also a Booker and Elizabeth in Rapture's universe?

I'm fuckin' confused even though I actually understood the ending to Infinite.

Syf

Banned
Burial At Sea sounds cool, but man this first one is a huge disappointment in my opinion. The gunplay is one of the weakest parts of Infinite.. do not want.

pa22word

Even though I got the season pass for free I'm hard pressed to find any reason why I should play this DLC when it's focus is on exploring Infinite's boring, stodgy, shallow, and derivative gameplay.

Guess I might as well keep the game installed waiting on the second and third dlcs, but I don't see myself booting the game up to play this content.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Chronoja

Not impressed really by either. For all their attempts to make Columbia it's own place I don't exactly want to go back to Rapture...Both of these feel like completely missed potential. And I say that as someone who preferred Bioshock 1 over Infinite, what I mean is it feels like pandering, that they can't even support their new universe without repeatedly going back.

dLZSQn3.jpg

So furore or satisfied?
Thicke

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Based on the end of Bioshock Infinite I think the obvious answer is yes.

But I thought Booker and Elizabeth only existed in the Columbia universes. The fact that there were infinite universes didn't mean that there was a Booker and Elizabeth in each.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Don't see how people can be upset over CITC when we will be getting story DLC eventually.

Looks like I'm going to buy the season pass.

A safe but very intriguing piece of DLC which is sure to sell substantially. There are literally thousands of gamers who wanted to know what Rapture looked like back in its glory days, and now they can.

kanuuna

Burial at Sea looks lovely, that arena thing on the other hand doesn't do anything for me.
I'll probably get the former when the holiday sales come around again.

Gloam

Very interested in this. I hope they figure out a way to maintain a punchy pace from one sequence to the next, something like 40 Flights of Loving with jump cuts would help with a noir-y style.

DarkKyo

I'm actually a little relieved they didn't go the Vox Booker/Daisy route as I found Daisy to be kind of a lackluster character. The wave mode will serve it's purpose. I'm not mad or anything as the second DLC they showed more than makes up for it. Just wish it were here sooner.

Based on the end of Bioshock Infinite I think the obvious answer is yes.

I think when they've established a narrative landscape containing
time-travel
and
an infinite amount of alternate universes
, they can do pretty much whatever they want!

I'm a little bit disappointing they decided to go back to Rapture for the DLC, I would of loved to of seen more of Columbia. Regardless, day 1 for Burial At Sea, gonna skip horde mode.

Pejo

I'm getting more of an adventure game vibe from this. It'd be really interesting if they chose to make each DLC a different subgenre (horde mode for Clash in the Clouds, adventure for this one, etc). Either way, definitely excited to see more.

The twist will be that it's a movie that Booker and Elizabeth are watching in modern day Paris.
That is the Booker and Elizabeth from the final universe, where he never gave his daughter away. The final scene of the game

whyman

I really wasent looking for more bioshock, but how can you say no to this! Back to Rapture! This is what i wanted Bioshock 2 to be.

I'm going to spoiler this entire post just in case (major story spoilers):

For a storyline that revolves around infinite possibilities happening in an infinite number of realities DLC for this game has potential to be absolutely incredible. Returning to Rapture is cool, but not that cool.

The twist will be that it's a movie that Booker and Elizabeth are watching in modern day Paris.
That is the Booker and Elizabeth from the final universe, where he never gave his daughter away. The final scene of the game
That would be a great way to wrap up the story, rather than having some more complicated multiverse stuff. Oh well.

So the horde mode...is single player? Is that right? I'm much less offended by the combat than some, but if this is one player only, it's a little strange haha. I'd play that to play with someone else.

Carcetti

Looks kinda fanservice-y, but nothing wrong with that. I think most people who like the series would like to see the 'alive' Rapture.

Quoting myself, didn't see the new thread:

you get to play Elizabeth, and the gameplay is quite different as her.

The wait will be painful, part 2 will only be released next year...

I guess I was right when I said it would be something nobody was expecting. This is going to be so cool!

So the season pass is 20$ and the first dlc is 5$, if parts 2 and 3 are 10$ you only save 5$ with the season pass which is weird. I'm guessing parts 2 and 3 will probably be 15$.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'm going to spoiler this entire post just in case (major story spoilers):

For a storyline that revolves around infinite possibilities happening in an infinite number of realities DLC for this game has potential to be absolutely incredible. Returning to Rapture is cool, but not that cool.

I heavily question how much they're going to delve into the
reality-jumping stuff. If they played this as a straight Rapture story, I'd be fine with that.

Top Bottom