• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite DLC: Clash in the Clouds (Horde) & Burial At Sea (Rapture) revealed

NZNova

Looks kinda interesting. No interest in the waves of enemies DLC tho, to me that just screams lazy. The rest sounds good though.

coughlanio

I'd really like if there was a sale on Bioshock Infinite on PSN when this hits, I'll gladly pick up the game and season pass.

LCfiner

Play as Liz in part 2? sweet. I'm in. Give me more story with these two

Is there a dedicated button to throw coins to Booker?

pa22word

Don't see how people can be upset over CITC when we will be getting story DLC eventually.

Looks like I'm going to buy the season pass.

I'm not really upset as much as I am just apathetic to the whole thing. This is basically nothing more than the protector trials from BioShock 2 except I didn't mind the protector trials because BS2's gameplay had enough depth to it to make things interesting when it forced me to use a particular plasmid/tonic loadout on a particular stage. Infinite, by comparison is incredibly shallow, and I can't really see why I would want to further explore its mechanics when I saw everything it had to offer by the halfway point in the main campaign.

rybrad

On one hand, I am greatly annoyed this is the kind of garbage filler they are putting out to wrap up the season pass faster. On the other hand, I am happy to have this happen as a lesson to myself to forget supporting the devs and never buy another season pass until all the DLC is out and on a Steam sale.

marrec

Banned
But I thought Booker and Elizabeth only existed in the Columbia universes. The fact that there were infinite universes didn't mean that there was a Booker and Elizabeth in each.

Maybe I'm wrong.

BIG BLACK BARS!

As far as I understood, Rapture and Columbia were two sides to the same coin and exist in alternate universes. If Liz and Booker exist in all universes then I don't see a reason for them to not exist in the world of Rapture as well.

Zeliard

Hey they listened ;)

Booker as a detective type would have been perfect, with various gameplay stretches where you and Elizabeth search for clues, interrogate NPCs (it would be nice to actually talk to them), solve puzzles, etc, while also engaging in combat when appropriate to the pacing and storyline.

We've got Booker as a detective, at least.

And I like that classic noir style they've got going in the Burial at Sea trailer. Always felt that was really appropriate for Booker in particular.

But I thought Booker and Elizabeth only existed in the Columbia universes. The fact that there were infinite universes didn't mean that there was a Booker and Elizabeth in each.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Anything is possible.
In some universes they could've been residents of Rapture. Ken says they don't know each other at the start of the dlc which is weird though. Maybe they find out they are father and daughter during the story.

Burial at Sea looks incredible. I'll be there day one.

I can't wait to explore Rapture before it fell with the (new?) dynamic between Booker and Elizabeth. There have been hints of what it was like, such as the beginning of BioShock 2, that made you hungry to explore such a setting, and it looks like this will fill that appetite.
Another parallel reality of Booker and Elizabeth?

The press release says this combines the gameplay of Infinite and BioShock, so hopefully that means the gunplay of Infinite with all the many gameplay options of BioShock and most crucially the sprawling level design of BioShock 1 and BioShock 2. I hope many at Irrational played BioShock 2 and will look to emulate 2K Marin's excellent improvements of BioShock's gameplay mechanics. I don't want the combat to be clumsy as it was in BioShock 1. I want it smooth like BioShock 2's.

Elizabeth looks great. I love, love the fashion of the 50s/60s, especially for women's frocks. I like this design of Elizabeth more than how she ended up looking in the final parts of the game.

Speaking of Elizabeth, I was looking over the Eurogamer preview of Clash in the Cloud and I noticed this quote:
So it's a two-part experience... The second part has a slight twist to it. You play Booker obviously in the first one, but we were listening to the fans and we know how they feel about Elizabeth, and we decided we wanted to shift things around a little for the third one, so the player character in the third DLC, you get to play Elizabeth, and the gameplay is quite different as her.
That alone is enough to get me hyped for the last piece of DLC.

DarkKyo

I heavily question how much they're going to delve into the
reality-jumping stuff. If they played this as a straight Rapture story, I'd be fine with that.

I don't think they'll be switching universes in the DLC. It looks like Booker and Elizabeth were both born into that universe... and will most likely die there.

Excellent. Can't wait for it to be released. I'll check out the other one since I haven't played Infinite in months.

Wasn't the game already horde mode?

5pSQkmC.gif

Oh man I got it right (somewhat) over a year ago:

I just can't get enough of it! Horde mode, firefight, survival... Call it what you want but it's all gold, pure gaming gold!

Personally I love squatting in the same corner of a map for hours while enemies swarm me and my friends! It's exciting because you never know how long you're going to last and they just keep coming, until you die or get bored. It's genius game design since it can't be all that hard to program, should be in every game really.

So what's next? I'm hoping for Bioshock Infinite. Think about how amazing it would be squatting in a corner of such an interesting and creative world for hours, while crazy people/mutants/robots etc run at you from the other side of the map? You could use your combination of guns and plasmids (or whatever this game is supposed to have) to hold off as long as you can! Would be ever better and more fun that the campaign probably. Who wants to move through a series of interesting levels when you could just squat in a corner for hours? Not me!
I'm really sorry I sold my copy of BI as this sounds amazing and totally worth what they were asking for for the season pass.

MNC

So in the Burial At Sea DLC,
this is past the selling of Anna and Elizabeth is still Booker's daughter... Since he's still got AD on his hands.

What will this mean? The timeline diverged after the Battle at Wounded Knee, right?

Speaking of Elizabeth, I was looking over the Eurogamer preview of Clash in the Cloud and I noticed this quote:

That alone is enough to get me hyped for the last piece of DLC.

Could this be a DLC where shooting isn't going to be involved? I wonder how that DLC with Elizabeth will play like.

I have to echo a lot of people who aren't that interested in "Clash in the Clouds." Horde modes have never kept my interest beyond a few days after the release of a game – not even Halo's – and I doubt this will hold my interest long enough for me to get my money's worth.

Clash in the Clouds is part of season pass?

I would be so mad if I bought a season pass right now. As good as Burial at Sea looks, their is no way Clash of the Clouds should have been one of the three parts of DLC.
It sours the whole package for me.

Gbraga

Can't wait, I loved Infinite's combat, but I think the level design and encounter design harmed it quite a bit, with a DLC made entirely to take advantage of what the combat has to offer, with some crazy rails design all over the place it'll be pretty damn good.

I'll buy them both

The Rapture 2 parter looks and sounds great. Will be nice to see Rapture before it went to hell.

Kind of wish they did another story based DLC instead of the combat one, but I'm guessing its just low hanging fruit to go after a combat DLC and push that out the door versus a narrative heavy one.

I love Bioshock Infinite's combat, so I'm down for the Clash in the Clouds. One of the few times I'm actually interested in a horde mode, although I'm a little disappointed they didn't use some of their other enemy ideas and stuck with what's already been seen in the game.

Also really intrigued by Burial at Sea, although I was honestly hoping for more Columbia-based story. I can tell I'm not going to like it as much because Rapture isn't going to have the Skylines, but as long as Clash in the Clouds has some awesome venues with Skylines I may be okay.

Also, wasn't the Season Pass $30 worth of DLC for $20? If Clash in the Clouds is only $5....?

Top Bottom