• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite DLC: Clash in the Clouds (Horde) & Burial At Sea (Rapture) revealed

OneLetter

Just catching up on this thread now. BioShock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds is live on XBL currently, and should be live on Steam a little later today around their usual update time of 10AM PT / 1 PM ET.

PSN will likely be tomorrow (Wednesday) / later in the week, and I'll update as I get confirmation.

There is no date yet for BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode 1 (and 2), but we'll announce those dates later once we lock them in.

dsvoid

Neo Member
So I want to toot the horn of worry on this thread like so many others before me and wonder if the ludonarrative dissonance in Burial at Sea will be as bad as it was in Infinite... What I really like about this trailer is that there's no combat, just stuff going on, but I feel mislead. If this was actually more of an adventure and detective story than an action game, I will be ridiculously impressed, but for now I am trying my utmost HARDEST not to be hyped. I spent years thinking Infinite would be amazing, and then weeks feeling burned after playing it.

JesseZao

Once again I say: Season Passes are for chumps. It doesn't save you money and you don't have a say in which content is rewarded with sales.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just catching up on this thread now. BioShock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds is live on XBL currently, and should be live on Steam a little later today around their usual update time of 10AM PT / 1 PM ET.

PSN will likely be tomorrow (Wednesday) / later in the week, and I'll update as I get confirmation.

There is no date yet for BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode 1 (and 2), but we'll announce those dates later once we lock them in.
Any truth to the $14.99 price tag for Burial at Sea or is that only an estimation?

Ithil

Only sexual themes naughty boy!

neuebitmap00u10.png

jbjH68OWoB6o0c.jpg

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Horde mode? ... oh goodness, waste of $20 for me. Unless the other two DLCs are overpriced.

Oh boy, I can not wait for Burial at Sea.

Once I heard they weren't working on the DLC until after they were finished the game, I held off on the season pass. No idea when or what was coming for $20 was kind of dumbstinkydoodoo. Will definitely get it now.

zkylon

zkylewd
wait so the season pass is horde mode and the two parts of the rapture story?

good thing I didn't buy it

even if it looks cool from the trailer and the music choice was great, was hoping for more columbia rather than more rapture honestly

dat poster though

OneLetter

Any truth to the $14.99 price tag for Burial at Sea or is that only an estimation?

As stated in our official press release, it's $15.00 / equivalent MS Points. See below.

Press Release said:
BioShock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds is available starting today for $4.99 (400 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live® for Xbox 360) via online marketplaces on all available platforms, and is included in the BioShock Infinite Season Pass*.

Also in development at Irrational Games, BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea* is a two-part add-on campaign featuring an all-new story for Booker and Elizabeth, set in the underwater city of Rapture before its fall. These two campaigns will be available individually for $15.00 (1200 Microsoft Points), and are also included as part of the BioShock Infinite Season Pass.

XcL_

I'll take part 2 and 3, no need to play a horde mode. I played the game initially on the 360 but a reason to play through again on the PC mark me down for a yes.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
As stated in our official press release, it's $15.00 / equivalent MS Points. See below.
Thanks, OneLetter! Most sites were saying that but Kotaku had $20 for both parts (they corrected it now) so I got a little confused if that info came from the PR or not.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Season pass is more than worth it here. $35 total for all the DLC and the season pass is $20? Even if you don't want the first DLC you're still saving $10...

Salz01

So they take many years to create the environments in Infinite, up in the clouds.... And then make DLC that takes us back to Rapture.... Ah....why not make story DLC up in the clouds?

Neiteio

WOW! The Rapture DLC is looks too good to be true -- heads and shoulders above any ideas I've seen suggested for the DLC. Just fantastic!

And are those collectible character models in the Clash in the Clouds DLC?! I'm always compelled to buy everything with a model viewer. :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
There are people in this thread discussing BioShock Infinite ending spoilers. Some directly. Some indirectly. Neither are acceptable outside spoiler tags. Also, please avoid backseat moderating. Moderators are aware of this thread, and you can infer by action or inaction what we think of moderation suggestions. Thanks. I've given the benefit of the doubt so far by deleting posts instead of taking action but if people keep indirectly spoiling the ending of the game I will have to treat it like an intentional spoiler situation.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd mind but I take the price point as an estimation of meatiness

if it's anything like the new vegas dlc I'll be very pleased, specially with its episodic nature

is there more story-dlc planned?

Burial At Sea sounds good. Between that and Minerva's Den coming to Steam, i'm ready to return to Rapture. I just hope they aren't recycling tons of assets from the older games and the visuals are improved.

Now that I know what the DLC will be, I'm very tempted to pick up the season pass. I mean, I want to buy both DLC and if they are $15 each, it'd just be cheaper to buy the season pass for $20. I don't care much about the horde mode, but still might be fun.

Ridesh

Banned
Welp, I'm disappointed. "Burial at Sea" looks great but between both BioShocks and Minerva's Den I had enough of Rapture, what I want is more Columbia.

Neiteio

Now that I know what the DLC will be, I'm very tempted to pick up the season pass now. I mean, I want to buy both DLC and if they are $15 each, it'd just be cheaper to buy the season pass for $20. I don't care much about the horde mode, but still might be fun.
The Rapture installments are $15 each? If so, yeah, Season Pass is the way to go.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Haha, horde mode. The other DLC sounds good though, will get it during a Steam sale.

Welp, I'm disappointed. "Burial at Sea" looks great but between both BioShocks and Minerva's Den I had enough of Rapture, what I wanted is more Columbia.

I do kind of agree with you there. Burial at Sea looks really interesting, and I'm excited for it. But I can't help but think it might have been better to do Columbia-based DLC (did they really decide not to do it because it would make people suspect it was cut material? weird if so).

The Rapture installments are $15 each? If so, yeah, Season Pass is the way to go.

That's what several websites have said anyways. If they are accurate, the Season Pass is definitely worth it.

Well I'm awful at CitC, been far too long since I've picked up this game. Have to get the hang of it again. Pretty basic mode as has been speculated, haven't really gotten around to much of the unlockables such as the voxophones yet to see how much they add to the experience. Blue ribbon challenges are alright, I like having an optional incentive per wave to make sure you mix up the playing style. Especially on the first map, as it is pretty tiny, so not many strategic options. Hopefully the maps improve as you progress.

ironcreed

Banned
I may check out Burial at Sea whenever it releases, but I'll be taking a pass on the horde mode. I just don't care for the gameplay enough.

The horde mode thing looks fun but is about $5 too expensive for my taste, and this is from someone who really enjoyed the game's combat.

Burial at Sea sounds and looks amazing.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
They just can't let go of Rapture huh? Speaks to the failing of Columbia as it just wasn't that interesting of a place to explore (to me).

Top Bottom