• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection coming to Switch on May 29

Mista

Banned
BioShock-Collection-Switch_03-26-20.jpg

BioShock: The Collection, which includes BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered, and BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition, is coming to Switch on May 29, publisher 2K Games and developer Virtuos announced.

Ceadeus

How is there no gameplay trailer yet for this and Borderlands on switch?

Games are couple day away and we're supposed to buy it blindly not knowing about their performance?

-Arcadia-

Banned
How is there no gameplay trailer yet for this and Borderlands on switch?

Games are couple day away and we're supposed to buy it blindly not knowing about their performance?

My purchase is hinging on whether this is the rart version released a few years ago, or the original. Agreed. I'd really like to know.

Otherwise, I'll just find my original disc and put it in the Xbox One.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
We've come a along way for first-person shooters on a handheld.

Wasn't crazy about this on my 360 back in the day, but I did end up finishing it. Might buy it at a deep discount someday.

Last edited:

MrA

Banned

well, I was thinking of the physical copies of all three 2k things, figuring all of xcom and the first game of each on the cart, nope apparently all bioshocks include the start of all three games with downloads required to finished them, plus this drm non-sense puts them in the absolutely not, well might get Bioshock digitally at 20 or less.

Stevonidas

Borrowed from YouTube:

"I am Andrew Ryan and I'm here to ask you a question: Is a man not entitled to play games wherever he chooses?

No, says the Playstation player, it belongs on the couch.

No, says the PC player, it belongs on the desk.

No, says the Xbox player, what are games?

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible.

I chose... the toilet!"

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Did this come out yet?

I already own them all on PC but it would be cool to play on Switch.

They're all great games but I think my fave is Infinite. Fucking masterpiece and the narrative that the game sucks confuses the fuck out of me.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Did this come out yet?

I already own them all on PC but it would be cool to play on Switch.

They're all great games but I think my fave is Infinite. Fucking masterpiece and the narrative that the game sucks confuses the fuck out of me.
I also like the series. I got an email from GameStop saying it was out. I owned these game(s) on launch on console, PC and then the Collection. I want to get it. The narrative is very well made. It was an awesome example of a novel turned video game utopian world. Hearing the Beach Boys song while exploring Columbia was great. I have the Art of BioShock Infinite and it shows a lot of cool concepts that were cut. The game gets its criticisms, but it stood out as a very artistic expression in the medium.

Last edited:

Rob_27

I had this when I was in flight mode. But clicked OK and it continued the game OK.

But there may be a duration between polling the servers as it came up with an error when I went bCk to the game over 12 hours later.. Restarted the game. Will boot it without Internet to see what I does.

FR on Switch dips a little in intense fights,

on resolution

The version tested was 1.0.2.

Docked mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 1920x1080 and the lowest resolution found being approximately 1230x692.

Portable mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 1280x720 and the lowest resolution found being approximately 960x540.

HeresJohnny

Just got mine. Have to say I'm getting super tired of buying games and finding out that I need a big ass download to get the entire package. Per the box:
"Game requires download of at least 31GB. MicroSD card required."

What the fuck? There is no mention of this anywhere on the site when buying it, and the same thing happened to me when I bought Resident Evil Origins (you get RE0, but have to download ReMake).

Top Bottom