• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock The Collection spotted on 2K's website [Screenshots Leaking]

Gamespot is hosting this image:
3088097-2.jpg

Tagyhag

Ya it seems my wires crossed or something, might have mixed it with a mod or something.

Well anywho, if this collection comes out in July I will literally claim this best summer for games in a long time.

You're not entirely wrong, the death animations are 30fps and IIRC that was never fixed.

big fake

You're not entirely wrong, the death animations are 30fps and IIRC that was never fixed.
I KNEW I WASN'T GOING INSANE!

I swear there was something related to the animations/physics. Now I recall the video was unlocking the animations to 60 fps along side with the frame rate. Allowing for smoother animations and better physics.

Yukinari

I hope people buy this collection then play the games back to back so they can see just how shallow Infinite actually is. Hopefully Bioshock 2 will finally get the appreciation it deserves. Not for its story, characters or graphics, but for its gameplay.

Khwaah

Neo Member
A bunch of additional images have been uploaded to their servers. Not sure if screenshots of the collection, or the original games, based on the visuals, but they have "The Collection" in their filenames...

Tagyhag

I hope people buy this collection then play the games back to back so they can see just how shallow Infinite actually is. Hopefully Bioshock 2 will finally get the appreciation it deserves. Not for its story, characters or graphics, but for its gameplay.

Yeah, I was really disappointed with Infinite.

It was gorgeous and they nailed the atmosphere (The first hour of the game I just spent slowly walking everywhere and imagining myself living in one of those floating apartments) but as the game dragged it became a chore to play and there wasn't any added depth that helped me to continue to play.

MUnited83

For you.
The physucs in general were locked, yeah. Hopefully its something they fox in this release, I believe the unlock mod for the PC version works perfectly right now.
Please be actual remakes/upgrades rather than PC ports. Not really interested otherwise.
Infinite is totally going to be a PC port, I can't see them going to effectively remaster that. Hoping for some improvements in the other two though, they need it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A bunch of additional images have been uploaded to their servers. Not sure if screenshots of the collection, or the original games, based on the visuals, but they have "The Collection" in their filenames...

BioShock has definitely been touched up. Here's a No Gods or Kings comparison (Bio1 PC top, BioCollection bottom):

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Why? They still look good on PC, especially Infinite. The PC version locked at 1080p/60 fps would be good enough for a current gen port imo.

Well maybe some new fruit textures.

Fuck man, if they've upgrade the textures <considerably> or ported this to a new engine that probably blows the chances of this running at 60fps on consoles.

Tagyhag

Fuck man, if they've upgrade the textures <considerably> or ported this to a new engine that probably blows the chances of this running at 60fps on consoles.

Have hope, that screenshot comparison, while being upgraded, doesn't show a huge difference enough to warrant 30fps.

Besides, the original games were well optimized.

Very exciting if they've done work to Bio1

Would like 60fps on consoles but hey new visuals are neat too. Now please just announce it already.....

this seems like what normally happens with remasters. by sharpening everything up they lose some of the character.

i'm still all into this though.
I
I do like how worn the banner looks now though. Also theightin g m seems improved, you can see the lamps shining on the busts shoulders.

Peterthumpa

I was planning to replay the 3 games on PC soon. Is this collection also supposedly coming to PC? Should I expect major changes?

JTripper

I'll always love Infinite, but yeah it just doesn't compare to 1. I also agree that 2 is very underrated and great in its own right.

I imagine the biggest overhaul will be going from UE 2.5 to UE 3 (or maybe even 4) for the first two games. If they get bumped up to 4, I imagine Infinite will get a similar treatment.

JTripper

I'm excited to play BioShock 2 again and platinum it without the god awful multiplayer trophies/achievements preventing me.

On the other hand, I am not excited to return to Infinite and it's Clash of Clouds or whatever the fuck arena combat levels. Burial at Sea will be fun to play through again though.

Top Bottom