• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock The Collection spotted on 2K's website [Screenshots Leaking]

As far as I know

Retailer listings said this consisted of BS1/2/DLC for 2/Infinite/Burial at Sea EP 1 and 2.

Redone graphics, 60 fps.

No MP though.

BioShock 1 and 2 would definitely benefit from the graphical upgrade. BioShock infinite still looks great, well besides some of the horrendous background objects.

Day one for sure!

Fuchsdh

BioShock 1 and 2 would definitely benefit from the graphical upgrade. BioShock infinite still looks great, well besides some of the horrendous background objects.

Day one for sure!

And the water reflections, which presumably looking at the Bioshock 2 sample image isn't going to be substantially improved in the old games either, which is a shame.

For anyone arguing to just play the PC versions, Bioshock 1 on PC really needs to have its textures upgraded.

Bioshock 1 on pc is a mess

it always crashes even when you exit, it resets your settings, the sound fucks up on certain configurations, there's outdated garbage DRM attached to it

playing this trilogy for the first time (finished bioshock & infinite, now on bio 2), & i agree with those who feel that infinite is inferior to the first 2 (the 'extremist christian racist' thing just isn't all that clever, or interesting). & i also agree with those who'd be just as happy if the games were just walking simulators (which playing on easy, which's what i'm doing, kinda turns them into :) )...

Shredderi

I'm a heavy "Bioshock 2 is the best one" advocator. The journey felt much more personal and emotional. It did not have that palpable thriller mystery to it that the first had nor did it have the same power with it's location for obvious reasons, but everything else, story and the main character Delta, was better for me. I actually really cared for Delta and his journey. I rooted for him. In BS1 I was this guy who had crazy stuff happening around him. It's cool but I felt somehow connected to Delta. It makes a difference for how I experience story heavy games.

My order of preference:

Bioshock infinite (best hands down, especially gunplay)
Bioshock 2
Bioshock

I like the series but it has certainly turned some people into thinking there is a real diamond in there. More like silver or gold but w/e. Still a very solid franchise imo.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Bioshock was the best game and the best series of the last generation. If they tart them up and re-release them every few years I will keep buying them, just like I do with Resident Evil 4 (the best game of the previous generation).

I'm a heavy "Bioshock 2 is the best one" advocator. The journey felt much more personal and emotional. It did not have that palpable thriller mystery to it that the first had nor did it have the same power with it's location for obvious reasons, but everything else, story and the main character Delta, was better for me. I actually really cared for Delta and his journey. I rooted for him. In BS1 I was this guy who had crazy stuff happening around him. It's cool but I felt somehow connected to Delta. It makes a difference for how I experience story heavy games.

At first I thought it was a mistake to make the player character a big daddy, but Delta was fantastic. I especially loved the reveal of his backstory and how he ended up in Rapture.

It's still such a good collection cover, goddamn. The Borderlands 2/TPS combo cover was nice as well. Meanwhile, it's been years, and the SotC/Ico PS3 cover still hurts my heart. Sony, really, you couldn't have done any better?

I've never gotten to play Minerva's Den, so I'm excited to try it from all the positive GAF responses!

Shredderi

Bioshock was the best game and the best series of the last generation. If they tart them up and re-release them every few years I will keep buying them, just like I do with Resident Evil 4 (the best game of the previous generation).

The absence of "S" at the start really changes the implications of that.

At first I thought it was a mistake to make the player character a big daddy, but Delta was fantastic. I especially loved the reveal of his backstory and how he ended up in Rapture.

Yes, fully agreed!

What an odd change to the statue. It's a completely different feel. From overbearing/oppressing to "i-don't-know-why-i'm-here"

Yeah - it's a pretty odd change. The narrowing of his shoulders, weird facial expression, and the loss of the green aging discoloration on the details of the original make it look inferior to the original. The other shots look solid - this one, not so much.

glow

Banned
Unreal 4 and DX12 for PC collection please. A free upgrade for Bioshock 2 PC owners should be in order, the game crashing problem with DX10 enabled was pretty unforgivable.

Bizzquik

The webpage, the Twitter account, the datamined photos....

I feel like Take-Two has some sort of metagame going on here that we're supposed to unravel to see the official announcement. I mean, everything is hangin' out there - exposed - at this point.

Patchy

Banned
Unreal 4 and DX12 for PC collection please. A free upgrade for Bioshock 2 PC owners should be in order, the game crashing problem with DX10 enabled was pretty unforgivable.

Just picked up the collection in Steam sales to replay on PC, not sure if I should refund now or wait and see if it is coming to PC as well....

glow

Banned
Just picked up the collection in Steam sales to replay on PC, not sure if I should refund now or wait and see if it is coming to PC as well....

I would get a refund if the posts earlier in this thread are true saying the collection is coming to PC/PS4/XB1. Bio 1 and 2 are very buggy on PC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'd keep the purchase. The Collection is almost certainly going to be full price (or close to it) and more likely still is a loyalty program on Steam. I'm expecting 2K to follow in the footsteps of Bethesda and give the Collection to those who own absolutely everything (Bio1 + Bio2 + Minerva's Den + BioInf + all of its DLC), with there being various loyalty discount tiers to account for the remaining current owners of something BioShock (Bethesda hasn't announced this for Skyrim SE but presumably will).

That's a good cover!

I hope they do more than just a high res port. There are things in that first game that could be touched up. I'm ready to replay that game, though. But maybe not so much 2 or Infinite.

Words cannot describe how excited I am for this if true. Please come out this year! I never got around to beating Infinite but Bioshock 1 is easily one of my favorite games of all time.

Top Bottom