• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock The Collection spotted on 2K's website [Screenshots Leaking]

One of the few remasters i would be excited to rebuy.

- Never finished bioshock 1 despite retrying many times, and thankfully still never had the ending spoiled!!!
- Never played bioshock 2 because i never finished 1
- Finished infinite , but had a blast with the game and forgotten most of it so would be down for a replay.

Hurry up and announce it already 2k

bunkitz

Well shit. Awesome. It's looking great, and the box art is beautiful. Shame, though, my friend gifted me all three games on Steam just last year. Still haven't even played them yet and now this shows up and I'm much more likely to play this instead. Oh well. Plus side is, this will almost definitely include Burial at Sea, which I don't have.

I'm wondering if they've waited so long to show/announce this because they plan to do so around the same time the next entry in the BioShock franchise is revealed...

Anticol

Banned
Probably not picking this up since Bioshock was the only good game of the entire series, 2 was ok and infinite was a huge disappointment, most overrated game of last gen.

MilkyJoe

I am literally

jonah-hill-excited-gif.gif

I bought Bioshock right at the end of last gen (don't ask me why) and then heard whisperings of a remaster for this gen so I stopped playing to experience it first time looking more pretty. I have a thing for water and the sea, I honestly cannot wait.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Probably not picking this up since Bioshock was the only good game of the entire series, 2 was ok and infinite was a huge disappointment, most overrated game of last gen.

Same....i wanted a remaster at one point, but i might be better off just sticking with the 360 copy of the original i already have. Don't really like the look of some of those asset changes to begin with, and Bio2 and Infinite were shit tier additions IMO. Bio2 just unneccesary and Infinite a pure victim of hype.

Wow. BioShock 1 is the weakest in the series to me...

Different strokes, but at the time it launched, was critically acclaimed by fans and reviewers alike. I still say its the strongest by far out of the trilogy story and world wise, and the strongest gameplay wise with the amount of upgrades and weapons on hand. It was also far better than infinite with how to creatively use plasmid powers and weapons together, which i felt regressed into being standard first person shooter fare with endless mooks too often.

I am literally

jonah-hill-excited-gif.gif

I bought Bioshock right at the end of last gen (don't ask me why) and then heard whisperings of a remaster for this gen so I stopped playing to experience it first time looking more pretty. I have a thing for water and the sea, I honestly cannot wait.

Oh man I'm so jelly. I wish I could play this again without knowing anything about it.

But actually I'm still thrilled to play those games again even though I played them so many times already.
This is so exciting!!!

shanew21

Has it occurred to anybody that we might be looking at console screenshots of the remaster and comparing them to PC of the original? I know the games aren't incredibly demanding but I'd imagine the PC version will still look much nicer than the PS4/Xbox One versions.

Has it occurred to anybody that we might be looking at console screenshots of the remaster and comparing them to PC of the original? I know the games aren't incredibly demanding but I'd imagine the PC version will still look much nicer than the PS4/Xbox One versions.

Considering anisotropic filtering is non-existent in the screenshots, this is most likely true.

Genio88

Finally! i wanted to replay Bioshock 1, one of my favorite games in years, but knowing about these rumors i decided on waiting for this remaster instead of replaying the old one on Steam, do you think there will be a PC version too for this collection or it's XB1/PS4 only?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Oh Fuck. It's getting more than a res bump?

I'm so in.

Hope for improved lighting, textures, reflections, and geometry..(character models?)

All wouldn't mind Bioshock 2 controls in Bioshock 1 if possible.

MilkyJoe

Is it just me or did the expression on the stature go from angry to sad and confused?

I also don't like how the brightened up the image so much in all the comparisons. The dark spots and contrast made for a better atmosphere.

Agreed, and I prefer the light reflection on the walls in the PC version. There is also no refraction in the shots with water. Or bubbles...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Agreed, and I prefer the light reflection on the walls in the PC version. There is also no refraction in the shots with water. Or bubbles...
Yeah, but the remaster version uses POM, it seems...which hopefully shows up throughout.

Bioshocker

Booker, catch!

Well, I have all BioShock games for my Xbox 360, so I don't need them one more time. But a nice collection with some hotter graphics? Sure, I'll bite.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm not liking how some things are improved and others are regressed...

Everything should be improved!

Especially those ground textures.

Looks like a lack of anisotropic filtering. Maybe these are from the PS4 version. For some reason, a lot of PS4 games had issues where they left out AF. Most of the time they were patched in short order though.

300px-Anisotropicexample.png

I hope they can tighten up the combat gameplay of Bioshock 1. I forgot how bad the guns felt until I played it again a year back.

Roussow

Man, when do y'all think this is going to drop? I've been itching to get back to these games really bad, I even started to install Infinite on my new PC to play through it (played through on PS3 initially), but I held off replaying after seeing the leaked cover art a while back.

Blinck

Not sure how I feel about these screenshots, the missing blood in the little sister screenshot on the floor scares me :(

I'd have been ok with a straight port to 1080p, 60fps and tons of AA. Although some textures could use some re-working no doubt about that, but the lighting was pretty good in the originals.

Varg

Banned
Im holding off on buying the series on pc in hopes this releases soon. Hopefully the multiplayer will be alive again and the first game will have steam achievements.

20cent

Banned
Pretty sure that I have seen the same thread last week with same game cover with same comments saying it was beautiful and asking for the same steelbook without any logo on it

RalchAC

Bioshock is a game I replay at least once a year. Having it on PS4 would be great.

I got Bioshock 2 thanks to PS+ and never bought Minerva's Den. Cool game, better combat, but I rank it a bit lower than the original.

I bought Bioshock Infinite on release day and sold it after a few months. I think it was a quite good (but not perfect) game. Fuck the Wraist battles. I will always remember the E3 trailers that promised a much more open-ended game than what we got. Never played the DLC. I would like to change that.

Having all 3 in a single pack would be great. If they update some of the gameplay in the original, it would be even better. Like being able to shoot and use plasmids at the same time. But I hope they don't remove the hacking in OG Bioshock. It's kind of fun, and when you get tired of it, you are swimming in money anyway, so you can just auto-hack everything.

Lazzy128

Banned
In just for Infinite which is in my top 5 games of all time.

Bioshock will be nice though and I never played Bioshock 2.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
In just for Infinite which is in my top 5 games of all time.

Bioshock will be nice though and I never played Bioshock 2.
Gameplay wise, Bioshock 2 might actually be the best of the three. It's very well made even if the game didn't feel necessary at the time.

Top Bottom