• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioware ruined default Fem Shepard's appearance in Mass Effect Legendary Edition!

levyjl1988

Banned
gmTeoLy.png

Preorder Cancelled, they fucked up the default face.
It's like what Square-Enix did when they changed Lara's Look in the Remastered Edition.

You fucked up Bioware.
Honestly, the face should be more aligned to: https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/178

Honestly, it looks like a fucking intern worked on the remodel, we didn't ask for.

Fucking hell... they didn't have to make slight alterations, just take ME3 Fem Shepard and upscale it, don't just mold it differently.

We wanted this:
tlZhSbo.jpg
f6gbSDx.jpg

h5u9tr3.jpg
giKB2R7.jpg

Not this:
loS30tH.png

*update*
Looks like Bioware is responding and fixing her character model.
At least it's getting closer to the fan-favorite nexus mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/178

UjTaf6W.jpg

7bf1d1a24f3e6d434e8c9cc5f515700b.gif

This is reminding me of how Square-Enix screwed up the faces and resolved it.

nqIiatK.jpg

The left one is the improved version. On the right was the original abomination.

At least we are getting away from Mass Effect Andromeda.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

No, watch the video they changed her face. Not a.i scaling for it.
No YOU watch the video! lol

They used AI to upscale the textures. I didn't mention her face. Its at 5:33 in the video.

edit - I didn't mean to be combatative. I get that a lot was done by hand, thats great, Zaeed looks great. I'm just not into AI upscaling so I don't want to see it anywhere.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I’m not a girl so I don’t play as fem Shepard given a choice to choose gender since I have no interest to role play as a girl.

To each his own though. I’m keeping my preorder.

So you when you play as a character in a game you feel like you are role playing as them? I just imagine I'm controlling them, not inhabiting them.

If there was a game where you can actually make all choices, including not to do anything I'd consider that role playing.

Forsythia

Default FemShep in ME3 looked wonky to begin with. She looked like a cartoon compared to the rest of the characters (although Chobot looked like a potato).

Gandih42

I don't mind either of the looks, but for a main character of a big game, the model quality is a bit unimpressive. Looks more like a background character to me. Even though I don't like the new look of Peter Parker very much, at least the quality of the redo is quite good.

But anyway, you can still make your own face for the character right? The tools let you make some good old DS1 monstrosities.

levyjl1988

Banned
This is just as bad as what Capcom did in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

Why do companies keep fucking up faces.

This is similar to Marvel Avengers Black Widow face mess up.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Is this the guy who was the numero uno henchman in Samurai Cop?
iVi1uRI.jpg
He's also the Maniac Cop in.....Maniac Cop, ha. He had cherubism (sp?). Rare thing where your face/jaw are enlarged. Great villain look though.

On topic, I don't want to drag on Bioware but for real, it seems like they are relegated to developing hot turds. It's all just a name now.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I'm more curious about how they'll desexualize Miranda. I bet it's gonna lead to some serious drama.

they used the ugly "fan" update from 3 :sick: 🤮 :messenger_pouting: :lollipop_poop::poop::messenger_poop: she was fine in 1 and 2

disappointing that cant use the PC build for the missing pinnacle station dlc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom