• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioware ruined default Fem Shepard's appearance in Mass Effect Legendary Edition!

levyjl1988

Banned

It is not just Fem Shepard

mass-effect-andromeda-face.jpg

Oh jeez, man that image is circulating the internet as a meme.
Reminds me of this.

When I think of Mass Effect Andromeda I think of Star Wars Rise of the Skywalker and Kathleen Kennedy's vision and then Jon Favreau is fixing the franchise with The Mandalorian.
Bring the series back to the fans and never pander to the SJW because they are going to ruin the fundamental story and alienate fans. It's that simple.

Reminds me of Batwoman debate, they focus on the sexuality and diversity of the character, that the whole character's identity was made purely on who she's attracted to rather than her skillset. That's what SJW will deliver to you without the narrativefocus.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Why would you even use the default anyway? Half the fun is making some butt ugly freak and seeing them in act like a fucking boss in all the cutscenes

Mozzarella

Mass Effect Trilogy is really amazing, I like the second game a lot its one of my favorite games i have ever played, but im not interested to replay this legendary edition just for slightly better visuals. I would take this time to play new games, but good for people who never played the series and want to try it, now they can do it in good high quality visuals.

Oh jeez, man that image is circulating the internet as a meme.
Reminds me of this.

When I think of Mass Effect Andromeda I think of Star Wars Rise of the Skywalker and Kathleen Kennedy's vision and then Jon Favreau is fixing the franchise with The Mandalorian.
Bring the series back to the fans and never pander to the SJW because they are going to ruin the fundamental story and alienate fans. It's that simple.

Reminds me of Batwoman debate, they focus on the sexuality and diversity of the character, that the whole character's identity was made purely on who she's attracted to rather than her skillset. That's what SJW will deliver to you without the narrativefocus.

That whole "controvery" was so dumb yet so typical of gamers. What a stupid thing to get upset over.

Star Wars are movies for KIDS. Stop crying about it. Besides, there have been 2 legitimately good movies in over 4 decades. The last trilogy sucked because the writers were awful and had no idea how to tell a three movie arc. Not because of "Bah gawd dah ESSJAYDUBYAS!!" I've heard for years and years about how so and so has ruined Star Wars yet people still line-up to buy merch and see movies like the suckers they are. Fuck Star Wars fans. Those cretins harassed actors simply for doing their job and even harassed a kid into quitting acting all together. Grossest, most pathetic and probably smelliest fanbase around.

The Mandolorian is okay TV but it also spins its wheels far too much. It's not some revelation in media.

Last edited:

SegaShack

"Preorder cancelled". What an impact!

So you preorder things that were just announced 24 hours ago? Op did you get Cyberpunk at launch too?

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

The funny thing is that they're removing Miranda's ass shots despite there being a valid reason in the game behind her sex appeal and her attitude towards Shepard. But I guess that's too difficult for current BioWare to recognize (and accept).

GeorgPrime

Banned
gmTeoLy.png

Preorder Cancelled, they fucked up the default face.
It's like what Square-Enix did when they changed Lara's Look in the Remastered Edition.

You fucked up Bioware.
Honestly, the face should be more aligned to: https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/178

Honestly, it looks like a fucking intern worked on the remodel, we didn't ask for.

Fucking hell... they didn't have to make slight alterations, just take ME3 Fem Shepard and upscale it, don't just mold it differently.

We wanted this:
tlZhSbo.jpg
f6gbSDx.jpg

h5u9tr3.jpg
giKB2R7.jpg

Not this:
loS30tH.png

*update*
Looks like Bioware is responding and fixing her character model.
At least it's getting closer to the fan-favorite nexus mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/178

UjTaf6W.jpg

7bf1d1a24f3e6d434e8c9cc5f515700b.gif

This is reminding me of how Square-Enix screwed up the faces and resolved it.

nqIiatK.jpg

The left one is the improved version. On the right was the original abomination.

At least we are getting away from Mass Effect Andromeda.

Looks like all those stars that feel insecure with their natural beauty and then fuck up beauty surgeries which turn them ugly

I might actually not get this anymore if they are legitimately censoring Miranda's ass.

It's not about the ass, it's about the principle. So ... 10 years ago Miranda's ass was perfectly fine in a video game, but today it's TOO HOT FOR VIDEOGAMES?!

wut

It's an ass shot, it's nothing.

I don't like the spirit of why something like this would need to be censored. The world will be a much better place one day when this gross religion of woke, dies.

Oh jeez, fans are getting angry now...

I might actually not get this anymore if they are legitimately censoring Miranda's ass.

It's not about the ass, it's about the principle. So ... 10 years ago Miranda's ass was perfectly fine in a video game, but today it's TOO HOT FOR VIDEOGAMES?!

wut

It's an ass shot, it's nothing.

I don't like the spirit of why something like this would need to be censored. The world will be a much better place one day when this gross religion of woke, dies.
It's an ass shot, its presence added nothing and losing it loses nothing.

Well, except the obvious, which people will vehemently deny as the real reason and hide behind a misunderstanding of what "censorship" is.

Getting real tired of the games peeps play to hide the fact that they're really mad because horny.

levyjl1988

Banned
Moving away from Miranda's ass controversy, it's good that we getting some traction about female faces.

That controversy for Bioware will always remain.

Jesus fucking Christ, what is going on with making women into having manly complexions.

Why is the gaming industry turning into Abby look-alikes.
It's unattractive and it doesn't want me to buy the product.
I didn't buy The Last of Us 2, I waited for the previews and reviews, now I can say that it wasn't worth it.

I'm done if games are making women into men.

Vaelka

She looks very frumpy, and those eyebrows look painted on.
Like when you shave your eyebrows altogether then paint those weird thin eyebrows on lol.

Then again I always thought that male shep looked weird and creepy, the model he's based on has a uh.
Very unique appearance.
His head shape reminds me of Beaker from the muppets.

Top Bottom