• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioWares run in the 360 era was nuts. Modern game industry is kind of a bummer.

Everyones run on 360 and ps3 was amazing.
Whole gears trilogy
Whole uncharted trilogy
gta iv and rdr and gta 5
2 souls games
Oblivion, Fallout3, New Vegas, Skyrim,
4 fucking best ever Saints Row Games
3 Uncharted games + tlou2.

Games too 2 years to develop... max 3 and were always groundbreaking good looking. Where did it go wrong
Fortnite + a lot of those people making those games moved on/retired/quit and got replaced with diversity hires and/or people without as much talent and passion.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I don‘t buy it. Not the doubling of dev time. On the PSone it took em 2 years on average. On the PS3 as well. And now we‘re what… at 4-6 years? I don’t get it.
Dark Souls took 2 years to make. Bloodborne took 3 years to make. Elden Ring took over 4 years to make.

The gameplay mechanics have some differences of course, but for the most part, I’m sure you would agree that the core design is more or less identical between these titles.

So why is it taking so much longer for each release? Do you think it’s a talent issue at From Software? Or perhaps it’s because the game worlds are getting larger, more detailed, and have fancier presentations?

It’s the graphics, man.

Harlock

You have the combination of great talent at your peak, hardware just enough complex and people crushing much more.

All they need to do is turn Anthem into a Iron man game or make Anthem 2 into single player RPG.

From time to time I do wonder why developers don't just repurpose work from failed games to make better ones.

I understand it's reputational risk for them, but would anyone really care if they reskinned and retooled Anthem to be an awesome Iron Man game?

Mozzarella

Their best game is between Baldur's Gate 2 and Mass Effect 2 imo, the rest are also good, Mass Effect, KOTOR and Dragon Age Origins are excellent.
I think the 360 run is indeed the best.

Mass Effect 1 blew my mind, completely. I remember watching all the trailers and how they talked up the "consequences of your decisions" and ability the player has to shape the story; I didn't buy any of it.

Then I sat down and watched my brother play it on the 360 and was left in awe, visually too. That game will always hold a special place in my heart.

Top Bottom