• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Birds of Prey teaser (Harley Quinn)

If Birds of Prey continues with the same(ish) quality of Wonder Woman and Aquaman I'm all on board.

Even if it doesn't, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn makes my pants uncomfortable :goog_devil:

I’m hoping it matches that quality.

This teaser is pretty “lo-fi” and almost feels like a CW TV series but that’s just going off of playing the video in slow motion to actually see the characters/costumes.

It’s just a teaser so I’m not judging or anything:

Last edited:
I wish R rated meant a naked Harley Quinn.

Maybe I'll be surprised?

This is as close as you’re gonna get

giphy.gif

I don't know, if the movie's R rated and Margot Robbie has done nudity before, what's really the reason not to?

Save for political correctness of course, if this was 90s or 2000s era Hollywood though it'd probably be a different story.

I think Robbie would have appeared nude in Wolf of Wall Street if she was willing to do it on camera (full nudity).

Edit: nevermind, I guess she did? I forgot that scene.

I’m pretty sure she’s basically calling the shots on this project. Maybe you’ll get a body double

Last edited:
I think Robbie would have appeared nude in Wolf of Wall Street if she was willing to do it on camera (full nudity).

Edit: nevermind, I guess she did? I forgot that scene.

I’m pretty sure she’s basically calling the shots on this project. Maybe you’ll get a body double

Yeah, she did full frontal nudity in Wolf of Wall Street.

Can't even begin to comprehend why she would demand a body double when she's, ya know, already done full frontal nudity, at least I hope no one would be that asinine.

Javthusiast

Banned
Suicide Squad outfit > Birds of Prey one. I hope she changes it throughout. So far not really feeling any of the costumes, but we also barely saw them, so I wait with the harsh judgement.

Ewan better be wearing the mask, and for long periods.

Also Harleys longer and more colorful hair was way better than new haircut.

Last edited:
surprised this didn't trigger a strong backlash from the recent prudes on social media. At least whatever backlash occurred seemed to fizz out.

I saw a little buzz around the perceived lack of sex appeal in her teaser appearance compared to SS.

Personally I just want a good movie. We’ll see what they do with these characters

So they finally made a sequel to Sucker Punch eh?
I liked Sucker Punch. I think there was a lot going on in the director's head that didn't make it into the film, which lessened its coherence, but still enjoyable.

This just looks soulless. Out of everything that made Suicide Squad not bad (imo), Harley doesn't come to mind.

highrider

Banned
The actress did a really good job with the character in Suicide Squad, but I don’t find Harley Quinn to be a particularly interesting character. Still, a good creative director could definitely make it cool.

Javthusiast

Banned
With new set pictures released and another shitty outfit, this looks more and more like a Margot Robbie vanity project than a movie about Harley Quinn.

I hope the trailer when it releases will turn my hype up, but so far nothing.

elCT

Neo Member
Hope it will be better than Suicide Squad. The plot and direction didn't make actors any justice in the movie.

Liamario

Banned
I don't understand the appeal of Harley, in any of her incarnations. I find her annoying and not someone who I could get behind as a protagonist.

I liked Sucker Punch. I think there was a lot going on in the director's head that didn't make it into the film, which lessened its coherence, but still enjoyable.

This just looks soulless. Out of everything that made Suicide Squad not bad (imo), Harley doesn't come to mind.

I liked Sucker Punch too, no idea why people consider it a terrible movie.

I don't understand the appeal of Harley, in any of her incarnations. I find her annoying and not someone who I could get behind as a protagonist.
More clearly what's annoying about her character is that she's fashionably crazy. Same with Leto's joker. When you've seen characters like buffalo bill, Anton chigurgh, the Scorpio killer from dirty Harry and you look at this, it's an obvious fashion show.

With new set pictures released and another shitty outfit, this looks more and more like a Margot Robbie vanity project than a movie about Harley Quinn.

I hope the trailer when it releases will turn my hype up, but so far nothing.

The outfit in the set pictures released today looks dumb.

Ehhhh I dunno about this one

Her story is actually sad. People can sympathize with her. She’s a product of broken/abusive relationships.

I think she’s a very interesting character. There’s a lot more to her than what you saw on the Batman Animated Series. Although I think then they gave her a full origin episode, didn’t they?

Last edited:
I liked Sucker Punch too, no idea why people consider it a terrible movie.
I think it's the closest the West will ever get to Black Rock Shooter, an anime that I adore. (Not so much for the OVA)

Movie snobs are quick to dismiss anything that doesn't tick all their boxes. Sucker Punch is admittedly fanservice-y, but it's not bad by any stretch. The concept-to-execution ratio is pretty decent.

I think it's the closest the West will ever get to Black Rock Shooter, an anime that I adore. (Not so much for the OVA)

Movie snobs are quick to dismiss anything that doesn't tick all their boxes. Sucker Punch is admittedly fanservice-y, but it's not bad by any stretch. The concept-to-execution ratio is pretty decent.

I mean that’s your opinion.

No universal truth here.

I thought Sucker Punch was the most boring time I’ve ever had with an almost non-stop action movie.

Top Bottom