• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Birds of Prey teaser (Harley Quinn)

Javthusiast

Banned
If Margot isn‘t careful, she‘s gonna end up like Jennifer Lawrence soon.

With each new photo this movie looks worse and worse.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
her performance might be full retard, we'll see

i dunno if that word is permitted, the context should be obvious

Last edited:

Word is Leto Joker is in BoP

Leto then posted this on Snapchat

jared-leto.jpg

So, assuming all legit, then clearly "Joker" (Pheonix) is completely its own thing and always will be and that is probably a really good thing, now that I think about it.

Last edited:

The Snake

Word is Leto Joker is in BoP

Leto then posted this on Snapchat

So, assuming all legit, then clearly "Joker" (Pheonix) is completely its own thing and always will be and that is probably a really good thing, now that I think about it.

Yeah. IIRC the title of this one is something like "The Emancipation of Harley Quinn" and it will probably loosely follow the recent comics where she and the Joker break up and she becomes a strong, independent wummin. My wife, a lifelong Harley fan, is really annoyed at this. Harley Quinn fan channels have also been overrun with newer fans talking shit about how "sexist" Batman TAS was and shit. Good for DC...I guess...?

I guess this is a spoiler? But I’ll tag it just in case. Sexuality details of a character:

Grace Randolph says she’s had sources confirm that Black Mask is gay in Birds of Prey. Source told her he will be portrayed “flamboyantly and obsessed with art.”

Last edited:

kunonabi

I guess this is a spoiler? But I’ll tag it just in case. Sexuality details of a character:

Grace Randolph says she’s had sources confirm that Black Mask is gay in Birds of Prey. Source told her he will be portrayed “flamboyantly and obsessed with art.”

Yeah, this is going to be a definite pass for me.

sol_bad

Yeah, this is going to be a definite pass for me.

Not surprising, everything is a pass for. You should just copy and paste that sentence.
I absolutely hate it if it's true because Black Mask should not be portrayed that way. I'll still see it though and eat my hat if the film turns out fun.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
shouldn't they get an actual gay man to play him then? why is Ewan McDonald taking roles away from gay actors? /s

Mihos

Gold Member
I love Robbie, but not digging the Cuban Pete outfit.

Black Canary looks fine, except I can't stand nose rings. They make me physically nauseous for some reason

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Yea pandering to the gay community and making BlackMask gay is just stupid, he’s not in the comics and it’s a money grab to be all inclusive movie.

Margot looks good and if the movie is really gonna have R rated violence, maybe it'll be worth a watch.
Also, Im sure I read/heard somewhere that Margot isnt doing nudity in movies anymore after TWoWW. Pity, but at least we saw her in her prime.

kunonabi

Yea pandering to the gay community and making BlackMask gay is just stupid, he’s not in the comics and it’s a money grab to be all inclusive movie.

It's just how a lot of women led/feminist fiction is these days. They cant just tell good stories about women anymore, they almost always have to include gay/trans elements now.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
That's a big ol' pass for me, unless Ewan McGregor happens to pull off an amazing Black Mask.

Last edited:

VAL0R

Banned
What's your superpower?

I'm a heavy drinking 70 pound female weakling with multicolored hair. I also giggle while holding a baseball bat. *tee hee hee hee*

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
She is the shining example, the totem, the idol, as to why we’re supposed to stay away from danger hair.

But got dayum she fine.

Dacon

Banned
Looks fucking horrible. Multicolored mess, looks like a shitty Charlies Angels. Margot Robbie is the worst thing to happen to the character of Harley.

What wouldnt I give to see the original Gail Simone run appropriately adapted.

oagboghi2

Can we go back to the original Harley? The one that didn’t look like a fucking idiot and stole her personality from Deadpool?

Oh well, this well probably make a billion dollars and generate 2 spin offs that are the same old shit

The Snake

Can we go back to the original Harley? The one that didn’t look like a fucking idiot and stole her personality from Deadpool?

Oh well, this well probably make a billion dollars and generate 2 spin offs that are the same old shit

Old Harley is dead. And it's sad. I was a big Harley fan back in the day.

A couple weeks ago I saw a greeting card with a picture of Harley holding a hammer and something about her being exhausted from "smashing the patriarchy." If Paul Dini was dead, he'd be on about 10,000 revolutions inside of his grave right now.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
why are their shitty bird wings CGI'd onto them? oh, oh, "Birds" of Prey. cos people are fucking stupid, i guess.

this looks terrible. where is the costume design? this looks like a tv show about nightclubbers or something.

why is that one girl wearing shoes with her laces untied? is that "character design"? why is she dressed like a retarded 12 year old?

Last edited:
why are their shitty bird wings CGI'd onto them? oh, oh, "Birds" of Prey. cos people are fucking stupid, i guess.

this looks terrible. where is the costume design? this looks like a tv show about nightclubbers or something.

why is that one girl wearing shoes with her laces untied? is that "character design"? why is she dressed like a retarded 12 year old?

Tying shoelaces is so 90's bro

petran79

Banned
DC should fire that awful person. No need to mention her. With her name she ruined one of the best women villains.

Top Bottom