• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Birds of Prey teaser (Harley Quinn)

Cravis

In all seriousness I have no idea what to expect from this movie.
Yeah the more I see of this I ask myself who the target audience is?

Well, at least it will keep Hot Topic in business for at least another year so it’s got that going for it I suppose.

Based on director's previous movie and overall craziness and fun of "Birds of prey" it might be pretty cool B-movie with a high budget

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Once again this proves that Marvel makes popcorn flicks while DC makes actual film.

True cinema.

Javthusiast

Banned
Huntress doesnt look like Huntress.
Black Mask doesnt look like Black Mask.
Black Canary doesnt look like Black Canary.

Still they only focus on Harley despite plastering big Birds of Prey letters in the title.

It is clearly a vanity project to make Margot herself look good. Also, the reason she didn't want to go with Gotham City Sirens first is cause in that one Catwoman and Poison Ivy would have demanded same attention as Harley.

Cravis

Ugh that just looks absolutely terrible.

I watched the trailer before coming here and first thing I thought of at the end was Margot Robbie vanity project too.

Black Mask won’t get the mask till the last scene I’m sure.

Hot Topic is happy. This will let them hang on for another year and stay in business

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Looks like crap. Too much focus on Harley, everyone else looks like tv extras. They dont even have costumes. I dunno it’ll probably make a lot of money, looks like the budget was nothing

Raziel

It almost looks like a vanity project. Like she directed it herself.

EDIT: "Produced by Margot Robbie". Yup. Vanity project.

so basically like every other star-driven movie

looking at just recent movies, everyone from brad pitt (ad astra) to dwyane johnson and jason statham (hobbs and shaw) to j lo (hustlers) to gerard friggin butler (angel has fallen) gets producer credits nowadays.

Birdo

Banned

looking at just recent movies, everyone from brad pitt (ad astra) to dwyane johnson and jason statham (hobbs and shaw) to j lo (hustlers) to gerard friggin butler (angel has fallen) gets producer credits nowadays.

I'm going to give Tom Cruise a pass, though. Because he literally risks his life for his films :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:
It looks so close to the movie Ayer originally teased Suicide Squad as at comic-con before it got Studio'd, if I were Ayer I'd be seriously pissed some no-name gets to make a film more like his true vision than he did. As an audience member I can't wait to see this, though.

DKehoe

Gold Member

Yeh it's pretty common these days as something stars will negotiate to get, particularly in sequels. It's often just an additional paycheck. I wouldn't take it to necessarily mean anything.

sol_bad

That trailer did absolutely nothing for me, truly disappointing. Is it considered a teaser?
Maybe the next trailer will make it look good.

Gargus

Banned
Eh it looks ok I guess.

Of course I'm not a fan of harley really. I liked her in batman the animated series but that was it. I don't like her in anything else because all she did was boost the sales of garbage hot topic sells and became the poster child for redneck trashy fat trailer women.

Eh it looks ok I guess.

Of course I'm not a fan of harley really. I liked her in batman the animated series but that was it. I don't like her in anything else because all she did was boost the sales of garbage hot topic sells and became the poster child for redneck trashy fat trailer women.

Do you really only dislike her because of what fan bases she has?

Mahadev

I predict this will be as bad as Suicide Squad if not worse, at least in SS they managed to find enough footage for the trailer to make it look interesting and fun, this doesn't have any.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I predict this will be as bad as Suicide Squad if not worse, at least in SS they managed to find enough footage for the trailer to make it look interesting and fun, this doesn't have any.

That's my feeling too, I can't pay to see another film like SS. I'm still not excited about SS2 even with Gunn involved because the first SS was so terrible.
:'(

oagboghi2

Everything I expected came true. Modern day woke bullshit that isn't funny, 100 lb women beating up 300 lb guys like it's nothing, and zero respect to the character.

Spoiler alert.

The movie is going to suck.
Anyone who states the obvious will be called sexist
It will make a billion dollars and the usual suspects will splerge over this shit like it's citizen Kane. God when will trend fucking end

tkscz

Was that Asian girl supposed to be Casandra Cain? The mute badass who is considered THE best hand to hand fighter in the DCU? The best Batgirl around and all time ass kicker? Now a, for lack of a better term, Robin for Harlee Quinn? Yep, I'm not seeing this for that disrespect right there.

Was that Asian girl supposed to be Casandra Cain? The mute badass who is considered THE best hand to hand fighter in the DCU? The best Batgirl around and all time ass kicker? Now a, for lack of a better term, Robin for Harlee Quinn? Yep, I'm not seeing this for that disrespect right there.

Yeah it’s rough

She’s Cassandra Cain in name-only. No other resemblance to the comic character.

Can't tell why everyone thinks it looks bad, looks great to me. You can tell how well-directed the action is and that won't just be trailer shots since the John Wick trilogy director handled it.

kunonabi

Can't tell why everyone thinks it looks bad, looks great to me. You can tell how well-directed the action is and that won't just be trailer shots since the John Wick trilogy director handled it.

That's kind of the problem. The action scenes look fine but the rest of it looks super cheap and simple. I was expecting more considering how everyone was talking up the director.

Top Bottom