• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Birth control question

SAY WHAT. If you can't drop it off inside why even bother with birth control.

B/C it feels almost as good going on/in various parts of her body and I think i'ts a small sacrifice to make to greatly reduce the chances of an unwanted pregnancy.

Also it is kinda great to crank it up by hand before climax and see how big of an "explosion" you can generate. We have had some great post-coitus laughs if some gets in her hair or eye for example.

bender

What time is it?
B/C it feels almost as good going on/in various parts of her body and I think i'ts a small sacrifice to make to greatly reduce the chances of an unwanted pregnancy.

Also it is kinda great to crank it up by hand before climax and see how big of an "explosion" you can generate. We have had some great post-coitus laughs if some gets in her hair or eye for example.

I like shooting my load into the fish bowl personally.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
B/C it feels almost as good going on/in various parts of her body
detector heresy GIF

I like shooting my load into the fish bowl personally.

It is great I admit, but then it only gets amplified and more "naughty" in the super rare occurrence when I do finish inside.

Also not everyone knows, but jizz stays inside the vagina for up to 7 days and can affect smell and taste greatly. As someone who likes receiving and giving oral, that also gives me a little hesitation.

bender

What time is it?
It is great I admit, but then it only gets amplified and more "naughty" in the super rare occurrence when I do finish inside.

Also not everyone knows, but jizz stays inside the vagina for up to 7 days and can affect smell and taste greatly. As someone who likes receiving and giving oral, that also gives me a little hesitation.

I just like feeding the fish.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute

Also it is kinda great to crank it up by hand before climax and see how big of an "explosion" you can generate. We have had some great post-coitus laughs if some gets in her hair or eye for example
Semen in the eye is painful as hell. What kind of a monster are you.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Thise Bukkake girls must have nerves of steel.
Of course they do, they come from samurai blood. I hear the Yakuza also pumps them full of drugs so they can endure the seemingly endless torture and humiliation of filming a 3 hour long JAV.

OP, those drugs are filled with hormones. They WILL affect her, to what degree is the question. Some have subtle changes that they might not even attribute to the pill but they are probably there plus theres a bunch of other side effects that are no good (higher risk of blood clots). I would have her consider the non hormonal IUD instead.
But what about some girls who claim they had/have no side effects? I'm not contradicting you or them but it just seems so random to me with the different reactions and stuff. Apparently some women get off scott free.

Just to let you know OP, the pill doesn't always work, my wife took it for years and long story short: my daughter will be born the day after tomorrow.

Also, like the poster above said, the pill can affect women in many different ways, you may need to try different pills until you find the right one for your GF. A few years ago I had a GF that completely lost her libido, when she stopped taking it everything was back to normal, then tried another pill and it was mostly OK.

If you want guilt free sex, get a vasectomy.
Yeah see "mostly OK" would even be meh to me. We have a good thing going right now and shes not in a good spot herself emotionally to suffer from the mental side effects. It's just daunting to me man.

OP comes off as very green in the dating world. All I can say is that it is totally her choice in deciding what protection she wants and you are free to choose the protection you want as well. You should always pull out even if she is on the pill and good luck to you with that long distance dating arrangement.
I'm young but not green by any means. It's her choice but shes not doing it for protection. She was fine with condoms then my non researched dumbass started hyping up going in raw and the pill and she elected to get on it for my pleasures and now I've played myself cause shes set in it now after I've backtracked. Thank you for the good luck wishes though.

OP, birth control side effects are for her to worry about, not you.

I think the first step to making your long distance relationship work is to show her this thread, especially the part where you're worried she won't be as sexual around you anymore. Trust me.
Okay dude I get that I really do but the side effects would likely effect us and the relationship. So it is for me to also worry about.

And lol that second part would be supremely unwise but I get the implication you were going for with it.

So no more pulling out then, got it. Assert your dominance so when she's fucking another guy her clam will stink like your cum.

TylerD

The Depo shot really changed the behavior of my ex-wife. Her period was always irregular and heavy so she tried various BC methods over the years. She got the shot about a year into our relationship and she turned into a hateful monster. I couldn't even look at her without her getting pissed off. That was a really rough time. There were others she tried that completely killed her libido or made her gain weight. The majority of the time she was not using a BC method and we used the rhythm method as best we could and she tracked her cycle in an app. She never wanted to try an IUD.

K' Dash

Yeah see "mostly OK" would even be meh to me. We have a good thing going right now and shes not in a good spot herself emotionally to suffer from the mental side effects. It's just daunting to me man.

Also, that's obviously HER decision, you can talk to her about behavioral changes if they happen but don't expect her to take it too well.

When my old GF lost her libido I had to go 3 months of almost no sex at all, talking about the subject put her on a bad mood, it took some time for her to really notice that there was something really wrong, so if you're really serious, you're going to have to be patient.

There could be no side effects though, I'm talking worst case scenario here.

A woman only releases an egg once a month. The egg then only lasts between 12 and 24 hours. That's the window you have at getting pregnant. Pretty small window right?

In fact, getting a woman pregnant is actually not easy. Even if you're trying to have a baby, the chances of you getting a woman pregnant is around 20%.

Yes, pull out is very effective. If done correctly (not at the very last second) then it is more effective than putting a helmet on the little man.

It's not for everyone. You need to have control and know your body, so you know when you're about to cum. But if you can master it, then it's the best way IMO.

15 years and no accidents yet!
I'm not trying to be insensitive... but... Are you certain that you or your partners aren't just infertile? There is pre-ejaculate. Pre-ejaculate can get a woman pregnant. Sperm can live inside the vagina for five days. Only use the pull out method if you are prepared to be a parent.

Not to mention the STD's... Sex is always a thrilling pleasurable risk. You risk pregnancy and STD's every time. Take me for example... my dad was wearing a condom and my mom was wearing a diaphragm. Other peoples parents were on the pill and yet others still went with the pull out method. All these methods, all backed by scientific study... all of us a surprise to mom and dad.

I am seriously skeptical about these pull out method studies... and I somehow think if any of you had a daughter that were 16 (I have no children but even I see this clear as crystal in the light of day)... not a single one of you would recommend her the "pull-out-method".

Are any of you parents? Have any of you recommended the pull out method to your children? If they are too young... will you recommend the pull out method when they reach the age? If not, why would you go against the experts studies?

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Overlooking the slightly creepy post stalking from November, screenshooting of my post, editing the screenshot, and presenting it. That was posted about 3 months before I met her and we did not meet on a dating app.

Wow, why am I not surprised... 🤣

🤦‍♂️

------

Most women I've discussed BC with swear by IUDs. Probably like 90% or more say the pill makes em go crazy.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm not trying to be insensitive... but... Are you certain that you or your partners aren't just infertile? There is pre-ejaculate. Pre-ejaculate can get a woman pregnant. Sperm can live inside the vagina for five days. Only use the pull out method if you are prepared to be a parent.

Not to mention the STD's... Sex is always a thrilling pleasurable risk. You risk pregnancy and STD's every time. Take me for example... my dad was wearing a condom and my mom was wearing a diaphragm. Other peoples parents were on the pill and yet others still went with the pull out method. All these methods, all backed by scientific study... all of us a surprise to mom and dad.

I am seriously skeptical about these pull out method studies... and I somehow think if any of you had a daughter that were 16 (I have no children but even I see this clear as crystal in the light of day)... not a single one of you would recommend her the "pull-out-method".

Are any of you parents? Have any of you recommended the pull out method to your children? If they are too young... will you recommend the pull out method when they reach the age? If not, why would you go against the experts studies?

To be totally honest, my wife is 39, so the chances of her getting pregnant, even if I did shoot my load inside her, are slim.

I pull out well before time. I'm not sure if I'm firing blanks, but when we did plan for a child it happened first time, but we were in our early 20s then, so the chances of getting pregnant were a lot higher.

It's not for everyone, but as stated, getting pregnant is actually hard. It's not easy and even with a fully fertile young couple trying, the chances of getting pregnant in a month are around 20%.

But what about some girls who claim they had/have no side effects? I'm not contradicting you or them but it just seems so random to me with the different reactions and stuff. Apparently some women get off scott free.
I'm not saying that all women on the pill are going to have adverse side effects but there are a lot of side effects that they might not attribute to the pill. I had a GF that was overly emotional at random times, never considered that the pill was the cause. When she got off of it, she seemed to "level out" emotionally. When you introduce any kind of hormonal medication, it stands to reason that chances are good there will be side effects.

To be totally honest, my wife is 39, so the chances of her getting pregnant, even if I did shoot my load inside her, are slim.

I pull out well before time. I'm not sure if I'm firing blanks, but when we did plan for a child it happened first time, but we were in our early 20s then, so the chances of getting pregnant were a lot higher.

It's not for everyone, but as stated, getting pregnant is actually hard. It's not easy and even with a fully fertile young couple trying, the chances of getting pregnant in a month are around 20%.
The chances my opponent would roll 14 out of 16 invulnerable saves in WH40k was less then 1%... still happened anyway. You prep'd to lose that roll of the dice in real life?

You say it's actually hard to get pregnant. I say that 7 Billion humans with numbers growing means the odds you quote might not be accurate. And certainly might not be accurate for every individual both male and female.

If you had a daughter that was 16... would you tell your 16 year old daughter, "You know honey, the pull out method along with some knowledge of your body chemistry is actually the best method of birth control that you should use". No you wouldn't. Of course you wouldn't. No parent would.

Did any of you when you were young ever have your parents take you aside and say, "You know son / daughter, you're getting older... and with some knowledge of your / your partners body chemistry the pull out method might actually be the most effective birth control method which you should use". Anyone? My mom told me to treat girls like ladies, which I do, but my dad told me to have and use condoms.

See this is why I don't think space is such a good idea for humanity right now... with all our knowledge and advancement we got people who seriously advocate for the pull out method. Good grief, we're never gonna make it.

Last edited:

IDKFA

The chances my opponent would roll 14 out of 16 invulnerable saves in WH40k was less then 1%... still happened anyway. You prep'd to lose that roll of the dice in real life?

You say it's actually hard to get pregnant. I say that 7 Billion humans with numbers growing means the odds you quote might not be accurate. And certainly might not be accurate for every individual both male and female.

If you had a daughter that was 16... would you tell your 16 year old daughter, "You know honey, the pull out method along with some knowledge of your body chemistry is actually the best method of birth control that you should use". No you wouldn't. Of course you wouldn't. No parent would.

Did any of you when you were young ever have your parents take you aside and say, "You know son / daughter, you're getting older... and with some knowledge of your / your partners body chemistry the pull out method might actually be the most effective birth control method which you should use". Anyone? My mom told me to treat girls like ladies, which I do, but my dad told me to have and use condoms.

See this is why I don't think space is such a good idea for humanity right now... with all our knowledge and advancement we got people who seriously advocate for the pull out method. Good grief, we're never gonna make it.

Forgive me, but I don't understand your argument here.

You think the pull out method is unsecure and could lead to many unplanned pregnancies, but you also believe that people suggesting it's use will lead to the downfall of humanity?!?!

GloveSlap

I am definitely one of those horror stories you heard about. Best relationship I was ever in was completely ruined because she turned into a completely different person after starting birth control. She wouldn't stop taking them either because they "helped her cramps" and crazy people never believe their acting crazy. The worst part is that the whole thing was my idea because i have sensitive skin and i don't do well with latex.

Forgive me, but I don't understand your argument here.

You think the pull out method is unsecure and could lead to many unplanned pregnancies, but you also believe that people suggesting it's use will lead to the downfall of humanity?!?!
No, not the downfall of humanity... the opposite of intent of the procedure... an explosion of new humanity.

Do you have a daughter or son? Would you recommend they use the pull out method? If you don't have children would you recommend the pull out method to them if you did? So far no one has gone ahead and answered the question in the affirmative.

I have no children. If I did, when they reached the age to have "the talk"... I wouldn't recommend the pull out method.

ultrazilla

I don't want to be THAT guy but maybe you should be more concerned with "why does my long distance girlfriend feel the need to be on birth control?"

Well there is an actual MEDICAL reason women do this besides the obvious birth control. My wife has to do it sometimes to this day(even though she's "fixed" now). She sometimes gets
ovarian cysts that can be incredibly painful and the birth control destroys/heals them.

But back to the topic-when I was dating my wife, I always, always bagged it. I was so paranoid about getting her pregnant that sometimes I'd "double bag" condoms(yes, two on). We had both
vowed not to have children until were were married and that's how it played out for us. Marriage-kids.

If I were you, I'd just get used to *ALWAYS* bagging it up(condom). Good luck with everything.

Last edited:
I am definitely one of those horror stories you heard about. Best relationship I was ever in was completely ruined because she turned into a completely different person after starting birth control. She wouldn't stop taking them either because they "helped her cramps" and crazy people never believe their acting crazy. The worst part is that the whole thing was my idea because i have sensitive skin and i don't do well with latex.
Literally me exactly almost man. And I'm gonna get heat from this but based off of our last talk about it it seems to have morphed into a sort of strong independent woman thing and nothing else. Sole reason for getting on it was for me talking about unprotected sex, I do a 180, hey actually babe you really don't have to do this anymore in fact it'd be great if you didn't but its up to you. Then I think some contrarianism took place maybe subconsciously to go through with it anyways. Just how she talked about it I was like Im fucked. She's set in her way now to try it.

Your story scares the fuck out of me and with my luck that is exactly what will happen to me.

GloveSlap

Literally me exactly almost man. And I'm gonna get heat from this but based off of our last talk about it it seems to have morphed into a sort of strong independent woman thing and nothing else. Sole reason for getting on it was for me talking about unprotected sex, I do a 180, hey actually babe you really don't have to do this anymore in fact it'd be great if you didn't but its up to you. Then I think some contrarianism took place maybe subconsciously to go through with it anyways. Just how she talked about it I was like Im fucked. She's set in her way now to try it.

Your story scares the fuck out of me and with my luck that is exactly what will happen to me.
Yeah it was insane and took me a long time to get over. I'm sure some people are just overly sensitive to it, but never again. I think the ones that don't mess with hormones would be better (IUDs maybe).

Thought I’d get a new perspective on this. A fair preface would be that I’m a historic over thinker and OCD type who does a lot more worrying than he should sometimes. Regardless here’s the situation.

So me and my girlfriend have been very happily dating for months now, we just entered long distance about a month ago but we’re making it work. The more pertaining information is that she is getting on the pill soon, I think next week, for unprotected sex free of pregnancy worries.

I was all for this but was doing more research and asking around some close friends both male and female and maaan I got some horror stories. It seems like this thing can fuck your shit up. Or at least, alter your physical or mental state in a non benign, noticeable way. Potentially. I even saw some stuff online that it killed some relationships cause the female lost interest in her partner.

Truth be told long distance itself makes me nervous before I was in one previously that didn’t work out and I’m like oh shit what if this starts impacting us negatively. Or even just subtlety changes things to where she’s not as sexual on my visits or not as conversational on FaceTime cause of mood swings etc. I don’t know it just gives me pause. Am I being crazy though? What are some of you guys experiences with this? Thanks in advance for the help!

TLDR: in long distance, great relationship, she’s about to get on birth control pills, I’m potentially irrationally worried it’ll impact our relationship with potential mental and emotional side effects.

I hear high dose melatonin 75mg has been used safely for years in women in some place in europe and it is said to work as a contraceptive at such high dose(though this is still debated).

The hypothalamic GnRH pulse generator activates the pituitary-gonadal reproductive axis, and contraceptive techniques have advanced to the point where GnRH analogues can block this effect. However, nature has an even finer form of contraception, whereby the GnRH pulse generator is activated or inactivated at different seasons of the year. Darkness affects the retino-pineal nervous pathway to cause the synthesis and release of melatonin from the pineal gland at night. The duration of the night time release of melatonin is longer in winter than in summer; and it is the prolongation in the duration of the night time release of melatonin, with the change of season from summer to winter, which acts as the endocrine signal for inactivating the hypothalamic GnRH pulse generator. Humans are not seasonal breeders, and evidence is presented to indicate that this is due to an impairment of the retino-pineal pathway rather than an impairment of melatonin hypothalamic function. Thus the way is open for utilising melatonin as a human contraceptive, and a melatonin-based contraceptive is at present undergoing phase III clinical trials. The challenge is to develop more refined methods for administering (or releasing) melatonin, so that it has a night time amplitude and duration which mimics that seen in long day breeders. https://www.ejog.org/article/0028-2243(93)90099-X/fulltext

Would need more research, as lot of articles saying melatonin might interfere with birth control. Of course cheap unpatentable natural substances always under attack, and barely any research goes into them(hear FDA even threatens on making them drug requiring prescription if research proves too much effectiveness regardless of safety, as melatonin is rumored safer than water.)

article discussing melatonin's older research as potential contraceptive.

Another article on melatonin
Melatonin has also been suggested for use as a contraceptive for women,[145] which might raise the question of whether melatonin damages the female reproductive system. Notably, no side effects were reported in a report of a phase 2 clinical trial in which 1400 women were treated with 75 mg of melatonin nightly for 4 years.[145]

It also affects sperm quality at certain doses, so it might even be able to function as male contraceptive with proper dosing.
In 2 men, during the melatonin treatment period, sperm concentration decreased to 3 x 10(6)/mL and 12 x 10(6)/mL, and motility declined to 32% and 30%. These coincided with a decline in seminal plasma and serum E(2) levels and with an increase in testosterone:E(2) ratios. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12065466/#:~:text=In 2 men, during the,:E(2) ratios.

Another interesting factoid

There is a fair amount of research documenting the effectiveness of melatonin supplements as a sleep aid. But there is relatively little research to explain why it gives you trippy, totally bonkers dreams. This phenomenon is well-documented on the Internet but largely ignored by scientists, presumably because crazy dreams are not (yet) therapeutically relevant. Still, almost everybody I know who takes melatonin confirmed what I discovered on that first night: You will never dream as vividly as you do on melatonin.

Very good book on the importance of melatonin is Walter Pierpaoli's the melatonin miracle

A few case studies suggest very high potential.
A patient with parkinson's at 70s iirc, got cured of parkinsons and lived to 102 a very high age.

Identical twins with a diagnosis of alzheimers, one on melatonin saw no progress of alzheimer's while the other without melatonin suffered massive loss of function.

Last edited:
I hear high dose melatonin 75mg has been used safely for years in women in some place in europe and it is said to work as a contraceptive at such high dose(though this is still debated).

Would need more research, as lot of articles saying melatonin might interfere with birth control. Of course cheap unpatentable natural substances always under attack, and barely any research goes into them(hear FDA even threatens on making them drug requiring prescription if research proves too much effectiveness regardless of safety, as melatonin is rumored safer than water.)

article discussing melatonin's older research as potential contraceptive.

Another article on melatonin

It also affects sperm quality at certain doses, so it might even be able to function as male contraceptive with proper dosing.

Another interesting factoid

Very good book on the importance of melatonin is Walter Pierpaoli's the melatonin miracle

A few case studies suggest very high potential.
A patient with parkinson's at 70s iirc, got cured of parkinsons and lived to 102 a very high age.

Identical twins with a diagnosis of alzheimers, one on melatonin saw no progress of alzheimer's while the other without melatonin suffered massive loss of function.
Thats good info man. I just don't know if my gf will go for it.

Thats good info man. I just don't know if my gf will go for it.
Might also be a male contraceptive, though the data is suggestive, it needs to be proven with more research.

Also
melatonin-production.jpg

Highest at age of lowest mortality in humans, decreases constantly, it is said to impede things like prostate growth, most old men have enlarged prostate issues, might have something to do with it.

Dr Pierpaoli believes it continues dropping until reaching critical low levels and causing death. Believed to be one of the signals behind the aging program.

Last edited:

IDKFA

No, not the downfall of humanity... the opposite of intent of the procedure... an explosion of new humanity.

Do you have a daughter or son? Would you recommend they use the pull out method? If you don't have children would you recommend the pull out method to them if you did? So far no one has gone ahead and answered the question in the affirmative.

I have no children. If I did, when they reached the age to have "the talk"... I wouldn't recommend the pull out method.

Yeah. I have a son

I wouldn't recommend the pull out method for one night stands or early relationships.

However, if he was in a long term, loving relationship, then sure.

carlosrox

Banned
Does he usually do this stuff on this board?

And yeah I think I'm fucked.

Honestly don't know and don't give a shit about his post history. But that's 2 cases of lame ass unwarranted/unwanted post history digging (within a few days) and that's enough for me.

How come you can't just tell her honestly about your hangups?

I find honesty is always the best policy. I try to be as open and honest as possible and find that it works. Playing games isn't a good idea, not that I'm saying you are, but if you really feel strongly about it then you should lay your cards out I say.

Like try and redo that conversation and start from scratch and tell her your concerns. Maybe that way you can discuss something that will work better *shrugs*.

But like I said, most women seem to be huge fans of the IUD.

Last edited:
Yeah. I have a son

I wouldn't recommend the pull out method for one night stands or early relationships.

However, if he was in a long term, loving relationship, then sure.
Imagine super man practiced pull out. (flying super you know would impregnate an entire planet, like a perverted omniman.)

Now it is well known natural contraceptives are not very good, which is why the catholic church only allows them, because they have the real probability of conception. Though I think melatonin might be a natural safe contraceptive, that is under researched, and if both male and female take it, it would *probably have abysmal chances(probably lower than condoms and pills).

As the research I showed pointed it signals in animals that its not a good time to breed, [edited error] in men while dropping sperm quantity and quality.
In 2 men, during the melatonin treatment period, sperm concentration decreased to 3 x 10(6)/mL and 12 x 10(6)/mL, and motility declined to 32% and 30%. These coincided with a decline in seminal plasma and serum E(2) levels and with an increase in testosterone:E(2) ratios. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12065466/#:~:text=In 2 men, during the,:E(2) ratios.
Honestly don't know and don't give a shit about his post history. But that's 2 cases of lame ass unwarranted/unwanted post history digging (within a few days) and that's enough for me.

How come you can't just tell her honestly about your hangups?

I find honesty is always the best policy. I try to be as open and honest as possible and find that it works. Playing games isn't a good idea, not that I'm saying you are, but if you really feel strongly about it then you should lay your cards out I say.

Like try and redo that conversation and start from scratch and tell her your concerns. Maybe that way you can discuss something that will work better *shrugs*.

But like I said, most women seem to be huge fans of the IUD.
People have to be willing to be honest, like what's the worse that could happen you could be blocked or let go? You can still be a friend, or contribute(onlyfans, etc very common knowadays), or help in some way. Better to let people be free, if they want to be with you they'll be with the real you regardless of your fuck ups, if they don't want to be they won't. The new he-man is about that the veil of secrecy and not being honest. Waiting to see what their take is.

edit:
Like I said the melatonin might actually be able to block conception from the male side, so only he'd have to take it, but that needs research. In the mean time there are means of sharing intimacy without possiblity of conception, such as mutual masturbation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom